CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Silvia Pulido November 6, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I LOVE CSI MIAMI WE WANT MORE SEASONS PLEASE

Anonymous November 5, 2012 at 11:58 pm

This is the best csi of the 3, most of the original characters are still there, they should`ve cancelled the original csi, it`s had more lead role changes than it`s had seasons. People love the originals. Horatio is the best! Every show I like they cancel…starting to piss a girl off. errrrrrr

Nel November 5, 2012 at 10:35 pm

why would u cancel csi miami !! seriously.. this is the only csi tv show i look forward to watching. u have to keep doing more episodes!

Sunshine November 2, 2012 at 8:29 pm

That’s messed up! They should cancel the original CSI instead!

Kell November 1, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I can’t believe that they cancelled the best out of the 3 CSI shows. I never missed an episode of CSi:Miami. They still had lots of room for additional shows. CBS needs to wake up and bring it back!!!

claudiu October 31, 2012 at 4:41 am

cea mai mare gresala o face cbs ,nu este corect , CSI MIAMI trebuie sa continue.toata planeta adora CSI MIAMI

Bianca October 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I can’t believe they did this CSI Miami was the best one out of the three. It’s very upsetting that they have cancelled my favorite show!!!!! If possible bring it back and cancel one of the others.

Anonymous October 27, 2012 at 10:41 pm

That is crazy they canceled csi Miami what am I supposed to watch on sunday now

Rick October 23, 2012 at 11:31 am

I Can,t beleave you canceled CSI Miami what moron did that @#$$E%^&*

Ray October 26, 2012 at 11:13 am

WHAT!!! That’s insane……….. And you keep new york……….omg.

sux Miami and LV are the only 2 that are great. csi NY doesn’t have it.

Eric Williams October 23, 2012 at 11:02 am

After 24, CSI Miami took the number one spot for tv viewing at our house. The executives at CBS and the other networks look at the numbers. While, You and, I may or may not like The Voice, Dancing With the Stars, or Two and a Half Men, We get what they think will sale the Ad’s on TV. Obviously it’s about the money, even Big Bird can get a pink slip now day’s.

john October 23, 2012 at 2:17 am

Ive been watching csi miami for many years and can honestly say its the only programme i look forward to every week and is by far the best of the csi’s, and probably the best tv drama on telly to date, biggest mistake this company could have done was to cancel this show, it has the best actors, stunning location, just a big loss to the millions who lov the show…

Mark Lucas October 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I am extremely upset with CBASS for cancelling CSI:Miami. H and the great cast members still had many years of great episodes left in them. I am very sorry for this talented group and CBS should reconsider their decision. Thanks for 10 years with hopefully more to come.

Mark Lucas October 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I will remove CBASS if you find it offensive. Mark

sheri October 21, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Not sure where I have been. I have been wondering why I havent seen or heard anything about CSI Miami. Just checked the web and was shocked to find out CBS canceled the show. CBS SUCKS!!! It was one of the BEST shows on TV. Bring it back please!

DREA October 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I LOVE CSI MIAMI AND THE WHOLE GANG. I AM SO FURIOUS THAT THERE IS NO SEASON 11 AND I THINK CBS MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY TAKING IT OFF THE AIR. BRING BACK MIAMI!!!!

Kisfiu October 21, 2012 at 3:09 am

I’ll not miss Horatio who is forever placing his hand on his hips and also forever slant his head when arms with a gun. Check it out. They are there in almost every episode. As for CSI New York Season 9, they have gone loco with songs in every episode and the worst is in
09×04 – Unspoken … too many lousy songs. I’ll switch the show off if there’s another song coming in episode 5 !