CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Sndra A. Mason November 29, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Dear Sir’s,
It is so wrong to cancel CSI Miami. It is one of the best shows to air in a very long time. I m an avid watcher of all of the CSI Shows. If they had to cancel something why didn’t they cancel some of these stupid reality shows. They are so rediculous. I miss CSI Miami and especially the relationship between Eric and Calleigh. PLEASE BRING BACK THIS SHOW…
Sandra A. Mason

Ruby Smith November 29, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I really miss csi miami would like to see it return next season and cancel csi new york.

Danny November 29, 2012 at 6:53 am

I’m really gutted that season 11 hs been cancelled. Watching the whole team work asa big family was just amazing and a big credit to the producers. I think iit’s a big mistake to cancel the show as I have watch every episode from day 1 in order and absolutely love the show. Please reconsider.

Allen Thangew November 28, 2012 at 4:17 am

Bigggg time Mistake…… CBS.
the other CSI’s are nothing compared to miami. . . I love the stories, the team especially Horatio, Eric and Calleigh. . . the bond the entire team share is something really amazing and I am really going to miss it. I started watching CSI Miami only during the last 1 year and I loved it somuch I downloaded the entire 10 seasons and have been watching them endless / sleepless nights. . . PLEASE reconsider . . . .

KAREN November 26, 2012 at 9:27 am

Some of us love the red hair. and you think canceling one CSI, we are going to start the other. I do not think so. i want my CSI back

Metin Erturk November 25, 2012 at 4:13 am

Hi,
This is really disappointing because I and my family have been watching CSI Miami for years and love it very much. We pay to our channel for subscription but now I will cancel it. I believe and know it also from my friends that too many people from Turkey will cancel their Pay tv subs. Plase keep CSI Miami alive…

Ann.L November 24, 2012 at 6:48 pm

This is a huge mistake! CSI Miami was the best CSI. After Grissom left CSI and Stella left CSI NY I stopped watching them, only occasionally watching the CSI NY reruns. They didn’t change CSI Miami’s character and I’ve grown to love them more than any other tv show’s characters. I really hope they continue this series, it was the only CSI I diligently followed season after season after season.
If they don’t, I’m going to miss this show, I grew up as a child watching Horatio, his sunglasses, one liners and the CSI team.
I love you CSI MIAMI!!

tony November 24, 2012 at 1:12 am

A horrible mistake by cbs. The other csi’s are nothing compared to miami.csi should of been cancelled,un f*ing real.

adrien November 22, 2012 at 6:42 pm

WTF was the best show ever> why would you cancel the best pit of the 3 CSI!!!!!!

the other CSI are shit way too fuckin mushy and cheesy!!

the way american television is going, all americans will be total idiots oblivious to the world apart from knowing about terrorists and the countries where america is at war!

kimmy November 22, 2012 at 6:30 am

i love csi miami please don’t stop only in season 10, just renew it…..I’m fall in love with the team and also the love between eric and calleigh

Pat Pelletier November 21, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Really hated to see CSI Miami cancelled. I miss it.

emmalou November 21, 2012 at 3:40 pm

CBS made a big mistake to discontinue this series. just hoping other network will take a chance to air and continue this fabulous series.

Irene November 20, 2012 at 9:45 pm

what the??!! NO PLEASE DON’T DO THIS TO ME.. THE ONLY REASON WHY I STARTED WATCHING OTHER CSIs was because of CSI MIAMI and now you’re telling me they’re done. please don’t. I AM INLOVE with Horatio and the team… He taught me a lot of things.. haha. Just renew it..

Nisaa November 18, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I can’t believe it, I’m in the UK and episode 19 will be showing next week, why drop miami when there are hardly any original characters in csi? This is pathetic!

kelly November 18, 2012 at 4:53 pm

loved csi miami. Watch this season more than the other csi ny and csi.