CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Lisa H December 23, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I can’t imagine them canceling the show. I just finished all the seasons in it and was looking forward to season 11 and come to find out that its no more. I’m going to miss it so much. It is far better then all of the other CSI shows

Wendy December 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Here in the Netherlands we love CSI Miami! I can not imagine that this serie does not sell good in foreign countries. So why not make season 11?

addie December 14, 2012 at 4:01 am

why did the canceled it? CSI miami is without a doubt better than any other CSI. Mann im really gonna misss it.

Anonymous December 13, 2012 at 10:47 am

we love CSI:Miami here in the Philippines… don’t cancel the show. everybody will miss Horatio Caine… Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!

Sally Phoong December 10, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Sad. I mean really sad. Why CSI Miami. I like David Caruso and all the crew. Please don’t cancelled it.

Herbert Mamahit December 6, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Way do you stopped the Miami episode and not CSI?I’m a 100% certain that Miami has more viewers than CSI! So please consider that before make s dissicion.

GHook December 6, 2012 at 7:49 am

Please please please don,t stop CSI Miami , it is my families favourite American series . David Caruso and his team are so real and captivating . I don,t think CBS know how much the show is so popular here in England .

Tamila December 6, 2012 at 7:34 am

I agree with everyone here!We are missing CSI Miami with Caruso and we’d love to see continuation of the series (CSI Miami)

Anonymous December 3, 2012 at 7:29 am

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL MIAMI, THERE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY STUPID SHOWS NOW, SO DON’T CANCEL THE GOOD ONES

Carlos December 2, 2012 at 7:24 pm

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please bring the team back, there has been no conclusion to the series, no goodbye.
seriously disappointed .

Bob T. December 2, 2012 at 3:08 pm

What in the world is wrong with CBS?
CSI Miami was the better of the CSI series.
I looked forward to seeing it, until they cancelled it.
Then I watched the reruns, untill the stopped, now I don’t
watch any CSI series anymore and I came very, very close to not watching
CBS, now the o0nly thing I watch on CBS is NFL Football, and some collage football, But when that stops, nmo more CBS until Football season starts again….unless they happen to show reruns of CSI Miami.

M>K December 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

Please don’t let us down, we would love to see CSI MIAMI back with our beloved David Caruso.

M>K December 2, 2012 at 9:09 am

I am totally disappointed… I love to see the series ( CSI MIAMI ) to go on, specially with my beloved David Caruso… Please don’t let us down.

Anonymous November 30, 2012 at 10:19 pm

I have to say I am extremely disappointed and I know a ton of people who feel like they should no longer watch CBS shows if this is how they are going to do things and I agree.

Anonymous November 30, 2012 at 2:35 am

:( this is sad. i mean really! why Miami?