CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

631 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lisa H says

I can’t imagine them canceling the show. I just finished all the seasons in it and was looking forward to season 11 and come to find out that its no more. I’m going to miss it so much. It is far better then all of the other CSI shows

2. Wendy says

Here in the Netherlands we love CSI Miami! I can not imagine that this serie does not sell good in foreign countries. So why not make season 11?

3. Anonymous says

we love CSI:Miami here in the Philippines… don’t cancel the show. everybody will miss Horatio Caine… Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!

4. Herbert Mamahit says

Way do you stopped the Miami episode and not CSI?I’m a 100% certain that Miami has more viewers than CSI! So please consider that before make s dissicion.

5. says

Please please please don,t stop CSI Miami , it is my families favourite American series . David Caruso and his team are so real and captivating . I don,t think CBS know how much the show is so popular here in England .

6. Tamila says

I agree with everyone here!We are missing CSI Miami with Caruso and we’d love to see continuation of the series (CSI Miami)

7. Carlos says

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    please bring the team back, there has been no conclusion to the series, no goodbye.
    seriously disappointed .

8. Bob T. says

What in the world is wrong with CBS?
    CSI Miami was the better of the CSI series.
    I looked forward to seeing it, until they cancelled it.
    Then I watched the reruns, untill the stopped, now I don’t
    watch any CSI series anymore and I came very, very close to not watching
    CBS, now the o0nly thing I watch on CBS is NFL Football, and some collage football, But when that stops, nmo more CBS until Football season starts again….unless they happen to show reruns of CSI Miami.

9. M>K says

I am totally disappointed… I love to see the series ( CSI MIAMI ) to go on, specially with my beloved David Caruso… Please don’t let us down.

10. Anonymous says

I have to say I am extremely disappointed and I know a ton of people who feel like they should no longer watch CBS shows if this is how they are going to do things and I agree.