CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Fábio March 10, 2013 at 10:22 pm

OMG! CSI Miami has always been one of the best TV series on the air and now they decide to cancel it? Just like that? CBS or whoever is responsible for shooting it should at least film a last one, because the last of season 10 is far from conclusive. I have the greatest respect for all CBS’s productions but simply stop filming it is not only an absurd but also a lack of respect for us, loyal followers of that amazing TV series. David Caruso, you’re the best, man.

Claire baily March 4, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Totally gutted,BRING IT BACK.should never of been cancelled!!!!

Polona February 27, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I love CSI Miami, they should have never cancelled the show! :( I would like to see 11th season….

Greets from Slovenia

kimberley February 27, 2013 at 12:05 pm

hey cbs seriously cant yous think straight thats rubbish that youve canceled csi miami am not watching another show that yous air cause all yous do is air it then cancel it so what is the point BRING IT BACK

Jasmin February 26, 2013 at 9:04 pm

They should l never cancelled csi Miami .. They should of made a finale like like coming home safe from the army and Emily doing good with the adoption Eric should of help her out ya should of finished the story not leave us with questions I wish ya could do a 11 season

Shelby February 25, 2013 at 6:13 pm

They should of done season 11 I love csi Miami just because there are 232 episodes doesn’t mean you have to stop.. I’m upset that they canceled csi Miami.

ben February 15, 2013 at 9:19 am

This was one of my favorite shows.I could not watch it while it was on and t.v but on netflix i could watch when i had the time.Now i understand that every show has to end but you couldn’t give us i finale.This makes me want to not watch t.v.REALLY CBS ……WRONG CHOICE!!!

Judy A. February 14, 2013 at 11:19 am

What were the executives at CS thinking? All you careabout are yourratings for thethe 18-49 demo. What about the rest of us who are older ? Thereare not too many shows that I like to watch, and it just seems that the few I do like get cancelled. Pretty soon all that will be on are reality shows. Some I like, most I hate. Waste of airtime. I WANT THIS HOW PUT BACK ON TV. The problem when you cancel a tv show after it has been on for soln, you don,t close the show. These characters have pesonel thins going on. How do you end that. You can’t even give the viewers a proper finale. The network liked it all the years we watched CSI MIAMI and gave you great ratings, and ten you pull he show off the air. Thanksfor nothing. If a petition gets started somewhere to keep this show on let me know. It is getting to the point that if you re 50 or older the ntworks don’ t care about that demo audience. I will proably sllmy tv and start going ack to reading books. Oh yeah can’tdo that either becausein 5 years all book stores will be closing becuse of modern technology. What a world we live in.

Tiffany February 14, 2013 at 1:19 am

I don’t know why CBS cancelled CSI: Miami? CSI: Miami was my favorite show! I didn’t want it to end. It would be nice to make another season. This show caused me to want to move to Miami, Florida. I want to become a Fashion Designer in Miami, Florida. I live in Oregon. I just finished watching the last eposode. Please continue the show, it will bring joy to alot of people! Thanks for reading my comment. :)

KJ February 13, 2013 at 12:16 pm

CBS should bring back CSI Miami. We all would like to see a Season 11 and so on.

mike brown February 12, 2013 at 5:46 am

csi Miami bring it back i wonder how we get a petition going to keep the show i would rather watch csi Miami than any other crap that is on how about thinking of the public and not the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ what other ones are cbs going to scrap sham on you cbs i am from Australia and not happy with the outcome so why not leave things alone so lets see if we can get a petition going and try and save the show email me if you are interested of saving this great show

Jason February 11, 2013 at 12:00 am

Could’ve given us a final season or finale. CBS are idiots!

Paula k wilda February 10, 2013 at 1:25 am

Wish you would have cancelled CSI New York instead. ..Loved CSI Miami and it was always so interesting and full of excitement. ..never a dull moment. ..don’t know why u had to cancel the series of CSI Miami wish you would find a way to bring it back. ..loved the closeness of the characters and the story lines

Monika February 9, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Want seaon 11 :( didn’t want it to end.
Audience from London.

Lim February 7, 2013 at 7:51 am

please continue…Love this show very much.

audience from Malaysia