CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Marcus Haavik Eriksen June 29, 2013 at 8:29 am

Why, is csi cancelled? I am 14 years old, and i have washed csi all my life. It is the best serie ever. I am from Norway, and all of my feiends also love csi, cant you just take the serie back?

I Guevara June 24, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I began watching csi miami when i was in my early teens, now i am 20 years old. i would rely on other channels to watch re runs of csi miami, until recently. Now that i have netflix i noticed it had 10 seasons of n csi miami! I was thrilled and i finished watching all seasons. I searched online only to find out that there will no longer be seasons of the show!???! NO SEASONS! What is this!? Have cbs gone mad!? Do they not know how great the characters bring the show to life!? I hope they do retun but, of course, it is all abou money and many do not think bringing the show back is “good for business”. There are still more stories to tell and cases to be discovered! The ending was a good one though, but plz return!

jim June 2, 2013 at 2:37 pm

i hope so csi miami season 11 by op dvd or csi vegas gon csi miami beack i,m bigest fan csi miami

jim May 31, 2013 at 12:53 pm

ik hoop dat nog op dvd verschijnt csi maimi seizoen 11 ik hoop ook nog dat verder gaat tot einde kan je daar antwoordt op geven

Anonymous May 29, 2013 at 4:45 pm

So sad csi Miami is not doing a season 11. I love this show. I love Calighe and Eric and there is so much more to happen yet. Don’t cancel

isabelle May 25, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I want csi Miami to come back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous May 20, 2013 at 11:18 am

Super sad about this. I love csi miami more than any other show

Kris Taylor May 14, 2013 at 9:06 am

I was appalled to hear CSI:Miami was cancelled after waiting a whole year for the new season. It was not time to end, I was looking forward to so many more episodes to come. This saddens me, it’s THAT SERIOUS! CSI: Vegas is getting better, but if it was between CSI:NY & CSI:Miami > NY should’ve been chopped. Horatio, Delko, Calleigh and Wolfe, Boa Vista and Walter will all be missed :(…….

Lisa May 13, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I have to say to hear that CSI Miami will not return for season 11 is very disappointing!!
It was the best of the CSI series and will be sorely missed. I will miss my weekly dose of H :(

anonimo May 6, 2013 at 6:51 pm

• For me the best series between 2012 and 2013 were
. CSI MIAMI being that this it was canceled since without reason for me it is the best television series and cbs you I would like to return her to have for next year 2014 or at the end of this 2013
. CSI the VEGAS is the second series that he/she gets me the attention it is not as the first one but he/she has a lot of outburst to follow several seasons
. NCIS is an amusing series it is not as other series and they know how to manage cases through the laugh
. NCIS THE ANGELS she is a series the series like the original one has amusing things
The only series that I don’t like for anything was CSI NY it is a series that he/she doesn’t leave anything with regard to its creators that made the possible thing to maintain the to it floats but the best in CSI are the csi series it is CSI Miami and CSI the VEGAS
Now accent something that I would like n that passed this leaves it to their approach
For the most famous and successful production in all the times CBS AND AXN
• To my view one of the best series that there am whereas has produced CBS AND AXN he/she calls himself Csi Miami it is a fantastic series better than of csi new york that I don’t like the other one if I see them but est doesn’t get me the attention for anything and I would like that to Csi Miami renovates him the chapters me you that you/they already took it out of the air but it is a series that he/she says a lot and it is not as violent as the other ones for that reason we need more than this series I would also like that all those that integrated the series recaptured its positions as Jonathan Togo David carruzo dilan rodríguez and the girls since they are those that give the touch to the series it is so much what I like that I see it every day and until I repeat the chapters it is a series that one gets tired of seeing to if they find last years CBS and AXN he/she should take reins in the matter since it is losing a successful series as this I don’t say that the other ones you bad an but I say that if csi invistiguechon takes thirteen seasons to the air for that you/they don’t give more opportunity to Csi Miami the only thing that I would not like that it passed him something some of these characters since they give him the flavor like David carruzo Jonathan Togo or Adam rodríguez especially to Jonathan Togo that is the but suspicious in the series if I would like that he/she entered but in problems and they have to save him from time to time but to you kiss that I see the series I see that they give him more paper to the other ones than to the the for that reason I comment them this to other always this helping them to leave the problems with to Natalia boa to same Adam drug Aryan Erick delco I would like to copy something it is an I surrender that I would like that they passed in the new series of them of Csi Miami if they passed it again it is a complicated little bit but hope there is you of their pleasure and for the televiewer that you/they are waiting but of this series.
everything begins when Horacio visits him the youth’s old friend she calls herself Lina she apart from being his friend was his sister-in-law since it went out with his sister nicol (Lina) he came to warn him that nicol wanted to see it since it was very sick and he/she wanted to count him a secret that Horacio was eating away it he pays attention although he didn’t want to know anything about her but something in the he told him that he/she should go to have her the he/she tells to Lina that will go then that he/she should make some things urgent step the day and Horacio I decide to go I go a long way I arrive nicol rest to the knowledge that the one had arrived the first thing that said it was pardon but he tell him I don’t owe you anything but me if I owe you a lot of Horacio I hide you something during 35 years that era the date that Horacio didn’t know he gives of her since you already goes and net date the one has as 60 years you don’t tell me anything all that that do behind Horacio responded non Horacio me tube your son at this time is for that reason 35 years old I left Horacio I change him the look that you are saying at this time it is not with me I crumb I gave it 35 years ago in adoption to a good couple for that you made that nicol I had them master at both him you and I know that it was an idiot but he/she scared me and I go a long way he/she was born it could not sustain it then the die adoption for that you didn’t look for me it looks for you but you had left and now where it is the one to him I adopt it a stupendous family the one it grew as if it was one you give us children and like it is people’s that credited it name so that you want to know the one it is happy with them Horacio responds him if you counted me this should know who adopt it then Nicol he responds him they call themselves maikol wolf and claris wolf like you said wolf for that you are surprised for anything but Horacio could not believe it and then he asks him his son’s name he calls himself they laugh wolf the he doesn’t know that they are not his parents and Horacio left of there quickly and it began to gather all envelope then his son he left to the csi and he/she saw that they laugh he/she was taking coffee and the one picked up the glass and I take out him a sample and he/she gave 100 positive% the era their son the he/she didn’t believe that during this whole time he/she had their son and bill had not been given that its son was always to his side and but it should count it that he was his father and a new era would begin this way in the Csi Miami if he likes they follow this history but the characters of my history that it would like don’t change that it was this way and but it is denoted that the mother of they laugh being of color of the black hair it would should with eyes like big but the debit side to resemble this way its mother but a debit side to be Horacio’s son you can adapt the history but without change to the characters thank you CBS and AXN for its attention me aria happy with which he/she can make new chapters of this series
Att Anonymous letter

Besham May 5, 2013 at 4:42 pm

i don’t want csi miami to end i love dat show very much…..

jeff foss May 5, 2013 at 6:21 am

My favorite of all the CSI type shows.
Caruso is excellent but La Rue was underutilized!
It would be poetic justice to bring the show back!

Adam L May 4, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Such an amazing show… shame it ended!

Wilbur May 2, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Where the hell have you been. This show was cancelled April of 2012. It’s May 2013. Way to go reporting news over a year late. Dumbasses.

admin May 3, 2013 at 7:22 am

The show was cancelled in May of 2012, when this article was written and posted.

G Rego May 2, 2013 at 9:47 am

It is a shame that CSI Miami has been cancelled. I am sure that if H was given a last episode he would find the true reason, possibly that the ratings were rigged. CSI Miami must have had an impact on Law enforcement officers in real life which is bad for the business of Corruption and its spread – which could also be one of the reasons for its cancellation. They have cancelled a true projection of work principles, morals and ethics. A sad loss to all Americans and to the Global viewers.