Dracula: Season One Ratings

Dracula TV show on NBC ratingsThe peacock network has found ratings success with the dark Grimm series on Friday nights. Is there room for another spooky thriller or will Dracula be cancelled quickly like so many other series? Stay tuned!

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

5/10 update: NBC has cancelled Dracula after one season and 10 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

723 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rufina says

I absolutely love this show. I can’t believe this show is even in jeopardy. It is well written and should NOT be cancelled. Maybe move it to a different night. Fridays can’t get here quick enough for me. Love Dracula!!!

2. Ann says

Renew!

The show starts during a bad time of year; with viewers distracted with Thanksgiving, Christmas and football playoffs…

…but it’s bar-none the best show on TV with superior acting, scenery and dialogue.

3. jennifer says

At times I admit the storyline was a little bit hard to follow, but that is just me. I really hope they keep this going as it is original, got great acting and so much better than True Blood, Vampire diaries, etc. I am so sick of the crap that is forced down our throats. I am also really angry that everyone is on the Downton Abbey bandwagon after season 1 and are griping that NBC is trying to get into the period dramas because of it. Annoying. The acting in Dracula is great, the storyline is so different from anything else and has a bit of truth from the real story of Dracula in it (his flashback scenes). I am looking forward to tomorrow as he gets serious about the Order.

4. Lone Wolf says

Absolutely love Dracula, I hope NBC doesn’t **** this one up too. I loved Do No Harm which they never gave a chance and noticed as they were pushing towards the end of the season there was no advertisement. I’m noticing the same with Dracula which scares me all we can do is pray that the ratings go up or they simply renew it.

5. Marleigh says

Definitely RENEW RENEW RENEW!
    Anything with the talented Jonathan Rhys Meyers is decidedly worth my time to be certain. He is the most passionate, energetic, & versatile actor on the planet in my opinion. Great supporting cast also, of course.

6. Erin says

I love this show. I hope it gets renewed. Sick of every good show I like going. I liked the one about the doctor, an extraorinary man or something like that, it got cancelled. I liked the one about the early earth. Tetra something — that got cancelled. Honey boo boo is beyond stupid. Guess we know the majority of tv watchers are morons if that gets renewed. Yuck.

7. Lissainlenoir says

I also was a fan of “American Gothic” when it was on so many years ago…totally loved that young boy in his role, who also starred in “Slingblade”…wonder what happened to him too…

8. Karen says

I have just loved the New Dracula Series, cannot understand why a 2nd series would not be given. Im just crawling the walls waiting for the Finale here in UK on Thursday!!! Just been Fab.

9. debbie says

Dracula deserves a 2nd season. It has been burdened with a bad time slot and then once the series was building a following, it was yanked off the schedule for one month due to holiday programming.
    This show is original, stylish and has tremendous actors.
    Please renew for another season and give it a 9pm time slot.

10. GAULIRMORN says

Oh dear…, -10.69% dropped last week?

Obviously episode 6 was a deal breaker…

With ratings like this, I think you can pretty much kiss it goodbye… I keep seeing this compared to Grimm, which performed only slightly better in it’s first season, but was at least consistent in retaining its modest audience.

I often wonder how really, really bad TV get’s a second season whilst utterly brilliant stuff gets cancelled. Fantastic shows like Terminator; American Gothic; Farscape; Millenium; Dead like Me; Pushing Daisies; Journeyman and Firefly all got cancelled, yet utter rubbish like 2 Broke Girls; The B* in Apartment Blah Blah; Witches of Eastend; Under the Dome; Beauty and the Beast; and a’ gazzillion Housewives for every US state’ all got renewed!

Criminal!

Sadly, there may still be some hope for this show: for seeing as it fits into the latter category of the shows listed above, it’s probably got a better chance of being renewed than G.O.T.!

Oh, lord help us….!

• Brenda Gnader says

Gaulirmorn, you are the first person that I know of that has heard of “Dead Like Me”. I loved that show and was disappointed when they cancelled it.

But I really love this Dracula. It is different than most vampire shows and I think the acting is superb. I do not understand why networks are always so anxious to cancel some new shows. One show that is on the air that has been renewed is “Honey Boo Boo”. I have never watched a show all the way thru. I tried watching it one time just so I could understand why it is still on the air. This is only my opinion but it’s horrible.

I really hope NBC will keep Dracula on the air and give it a chance. By the way, I love your name.

• Carol says

Boy, do I agree. Crap like Boo Boo, The Bachelor (I have no idea why people watch this stuff) and many more are still on, while they won’t give shows like Dracula a chance at times. A lot of shows we liked were cancelled because people seem to like mediocrity and innane shows.

• Gaulirmorn says

Thanks for the compliment, Brenda. 😀

I have also tried watching ‘Boo Boo’, and it’s a huge pile of ‘Doo Doo’!

I don’t mean to be offensive, but really don’t understand why anyone watches a program that revolves around the antics of an obnoxious brat and her support cast of in-breeds… It’s chuck-up like this that gets decent shows cancelled because the Networks won’t front the budget for both!

Take Stargate SG1 and Farscape.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved the first 3 seasons of Stargate; it was unmissable TV. But through season 4/5 it became formulaic and boring… Farscape was the far superior show, following an intricate and absorbing plot which held it’s cult following on tender hooks!

But the Sci-fi Channel (makers of Farscape) wouldn’t pay for both picking up Stargate season 6 AND producing Farscape Season 5, so it dropped the latter.

Problem was, by Season 6 Stargate SG1 was so drained of plot-lines it was painful to watch; Sci-fi jumped on the Stargate train too late, and threw their most stimulating Science Fiction series under it!

• Carol says

agreed
              Farscape and SGI were great. Now, I have to admit I kept watching SGI because of it’s lead :-)) I also liked the funky shows, The Chronicle and Invisible Man. I enjoy something different and tongue in cheek.
              Different is Dracula- I don’t have to watch shootem’ up crap if I want to watch TV. If all shows were interesting as Person of Interest, G.O.T, Big Bang Theory and such, it would be great. Unfortunately, they aren’t. Different is good when done well.
              Carol

• Anonymous says

The networks are a business. Unfortunately, the largest audiences watch crap. The more sophisticated viewer is either not watching TV at all or is still in the minority.

Also, the day/time for this show is all wrong. If they’re looking for a younger demo…well, I never sat in on a Friday night when I was in my 20s/30s…still don’t all that often!

Either move it to cable or move it to a time people will watch…it’s a show worth saving…to we the viewers who appreciate it…but not to a business if it’s not making money.

Sucks!

• angelfroste says

I thought I was alone! I love the same shows you do! I really miss Pushing Daisies and I still think they should bring it back as a new show. It only got canceled because it fell during the writers strike. I too am sick of all the so called “reality” tv. There’s nothing real about these reality tv shows and I’m speaking from personal experience. They are garbage and set ups and splicing to turn lies into truths. Bull!

• Carol says

Yes, we loved Pushing Daises too, and funky stuff. There are some good reality shows that mean talent, real talent that’s useful. Too many singing ones, but Faceoff on Sy-Fy and Project Runway are two very good shows. One winning designer is now designing for so many stars.
        Different and at a different time in history- two of the reasons I love Dracula.

Carol