FX TV Show Ratings (updated 9/12/14)

FX TV showsFX has been churning out a lot of original scripted series. Some have been hits while many others have not. Which will be cancelled and which will be renewed? Stay tuned!

Scripted FX shows listed: American Horror Story, The Americans, Anger Management, The Bridge, Fargo, Justified, Louie, Married, Partners, Saint George, Sons of Anarchy, The Strain, Tyrant, and You’re the Worst.

Last update: Ratings for the most recent episodes of Married and You’re the Worst added.

There’s a lot of data that FX execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are a major factor. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | ABC Family | TNT

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

John September 13, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Please renew “You’re the Worst.” It continues to grow its audience as the season goes on, and with an advertising push season 2 will do even better!

EK September 10, 2014 at 2:27 am

I love Tyrant – very well written! Please renew.

Partners is a best-kept secret! HILARIOUS!! Got to advertise more – no one knows about it when I mention to friends. Such a good show, I’d hate to lose it.

Dennis Jasikiewic September 10, 2014 at 11:01 pm

renew it. i watched it loyally

Julia September 5, 2014 at 7:13 pm

I will be so bummed if You’re the Worst is cancelled. Seeing as it only has 9 episodes in the first season, I have a feeling that’s what’s happening. :(

JILL PRYOR September 4, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Best show full of great acting and drama. Everyone plays their part perfectly . Must renew and promote . More people would love to know about this piece of good TV. RENEW.
Thanks

chris September 2, 2014 at 10:23 pm

MY HUSBAND AND I. LOVED LOVED TYRANT. HOPE TO SEE SECOND SEASON

Al Fleischer September 1, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Please RENEW Tyrant!

Kate August 30, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Love “The Bridge” and especially “Tyrant”! Please don’t cancel!

Odalys August 28, 2014 at 3:18 pm

My friend and I were talking about the season finale, D best show these years on fx looking forward to see more show Second season loved the program

maggie August 27, 2014 at 8:39 pm

the channel -F/X- HAS HAD BETTER SERIES THAN ALL THE REST OF THE ENTIRE TELEVISION PROGRAMS–INCLUDING CABLE …..SHOWTIME WOULD BE 2ND ……KEEP IT UP ……..

jeff August 27, 2014 at 12:54 pm

The Bridge Please don’t cancel Great adult entertainment.

Dana August 26, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Tyrant is fantastic. Must have season 2

Janet Pele (@jrpsf) August 25, 2014 at 4:35 am

I agree with the others. You’re the Worst is excellent. I watched a few episodes over again with my 23 year old son knowing he would find it as funny as I did. It’s a shame so few people know about it. There is a need for more good adult humor on TV.

Me August 18, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I love You’re the Worst, damn funny. They better not cancel it. American Horror Story had a bad ending for the second season & then the third was just awful from the start – can we please stop with the underlying BS of the stories. Glad to see the racist George was canceled.

Meghan August 8, 2014 at 4:33 pm

“You’re the Worst” is one of the funniest dark comedies I’ve seen in a long time…I really hope more people catch onto this hilarious gem, FX picks really fantastic programs and personally I believe “You’re the Worst” is above and beyond in a different league entirely than Anger Management, Louis, The League, and I’m a very loyal “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” viewer, but I’ll be honest, I really really look forward to Thursday Nights b/c of this new FX series. I hope more advertising & word of mouth spread quickly b/c this American written comedy is pretty special. It’s definitely NSFW humor which makes it even better, Shameless fans, It’s Always Sunny In Philly Fans, get on board :) lets keep this one ALIVE!!

FRAN GIANNONE August 7, 2014 at 10:44 am

WATCHING “THE BRIDGE” WON’T WATCH AMERICAN HORROR THIS SEASON. THEY ARE GETTING TOO CRAZY SINCE THE FIRST SEASON. THE BRIDGE IS GREAT…LOVE THE CHARACTERS.