Human Target: FOX TV Show Renewed for Season Two

Human Target season twoAs an expert bodyguard, Christopher Chance often finds himself in some very life-threatening situations. Well, his Human Target TV show has just dodged a bullet — and will live to tell about it. The FOX series is being renewed for a second season.

Human Target stars Mark Valley as the protection specialist who integrates himself into the lives of his clients to become the target of whoever wants to see his clients dead. Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley co-star as his business associate and hired gun.

The TV series got off to a good start with a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.12 million viewers. In an attempt to get the show sampled (and seemingly to confuse viewers), FOX bounced it around the schedule until it finally settled into its regular Wednesday night timeslot.

The first season of Human Target finished off on April 14th and averaged a 2.23 rating in the demo and 7.75 million viewers. That’s not bad but not outstanding either.

Are you glad that Human Target has been renewed?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It had been rumored, because FOX had lots of strong options for new shows, that the network would bring back either Lie to Me or Human Target next season.

Happily for fans, the network has decided to renew both. Human Target is expected to receive a 13 episode order for season two. Presumably, if those installments perform well enough, FOX will order more.

Behind the scenes, Matt Miller (from Chuck, another Warner Bros. show) will take over as showrunner for Human Target. The current showrunner, Jonathan Steinberg, will continue as executive producer.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Human Target is coming back for season two? Anything you’d like to see happen? Any characters you’d like to see return?

Diane January 16, 2011 at 4:42 pm

This is the best show on TV
Thought I wouldn’t like the addition of the women but they are great – so many more story possibilities & chances for relationships.

George January 6, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I like the addition of saucy Janet Montgomery. Her character is not only sexy, but spunky and off-the-wall humor. I hope they keep her around!

April Williams October 9, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Our family loves Human Target, and I am so glad they renewed it.Awesome show

Judy in Tennessee October 6, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Please DO NOT cancel “Human Target”! My husband and I enjoy it very much and will be greatly disappointed in Fox if they take yet another good show away from us!!!

C V in Milwaukee September 15, 2010 at 2:35 am

HECK YEAH!!! I’m extremely happy to see it’s been renewed!!! And *Lie To Me* as well!!!
(okay, enough exclamation marks, but I’m very happy about it all :) .)

Laura Markison September 5, 2010 at 8:43 pm

My husband and I love this show. We would like to see more episodes like the first one where Chase is really a human target. We like it when he is hired to protect people, find stupid Russian spies. Make the shows more relevant to what might happen here in American. Who is buying cocaine and supporting terrorism? Who is trying to stop them and need protecting? How do executives and business owners who make millions of dollars have to protect themselves from kidnappings? Show the downside to having a lot of money, the security involved with keeping famous people safe. We liked the train story.

Anita and Rich Schultz August 30, 2010 at 6:44 am

yes it is a great series and we love it.

karen August 28, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I love this show and am very glad it’s been renewed.

Anonymous August 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm

My husband & I have really enjoyed Human target and we are thrilled it will be back on. WE enjoy the quirky characters.

Mark Valley Fan July 23, 2010 at 7:18 am

I am sooo glad it’s in a slot for the fall! My sister used to cut Mark Valleys hair when he was attending West Point so we are rooting for him!

Ela-hara July 21, 2010 at 10:10 am

When are we going to see any Human Target related merchandise, other than the DVD and Blue Ray, in the Fox Store? I’d love to get some items. eBay has had some good stuff…

Also, can you add more photos from the earlier Season One episodes on the HT Site? All you have available currently are photos from the last episode and the “Women of HT” – you used to have more.

DD July 21, 2010 at 9:47 am

When does the second season start for the show “Human Target”? I am very glad the show is renewed and Thank You Fox Network. One of the very few shows I like to watch on television and I do not watch much television and am very picky as to what I watch on television. Excellent writers, actors, production, directors, and everyone who works to put this show together. Keep up the great work and I hope this show lasts as long or longer than “Seinfeld”.

Bill Cook July 21, 2010 at 5:35 am

Human Target is one of the best shows out there. It should run at least five seasons.
With DVR’s so prevalent,scheduling is not the nightmare it once was. One show does not have to be missed in order to see another.

Connie July 20, 2010 at 7:20 pm

What is the date the 2nd season starts?

admin July 21, 2010 at 3:22 am

@Connie: 9/24

Ela-hara July 21, 2010 at 10:04 am

Second season starts Friday 9/24/10 in the 8 PM time slot – CAN’T WAIT!!!

Mark Valley Fan July 20, 2010 at 2:03 pm

My husband and I love this show!! Now that 24 is gone we were hoping another show would catch our interest. We are tired of watching a show and loving it for one season and then poof it’s gone. Please bring back Human Target and it would be great if his love interest wasn’t actually on the boat and comes back this season.:)