Leverage: Season Four Debuts in June on TNT

Leverage season fourThere’s no shortage of good people getting ripped off so Nathan Ford (Timothy Hutton) and his team of modern-day Robin Hoods have their work cut out for them once again. TNT has announced that Leverage is returning for its fourth season on Sunday, June 26th.

Starring Hutton, Gina Bellman, Aldis Hodge, Christian Kane, and Beth Riesgraf, Leverage began airing in December of 2008. The first episode attracted a 1.6 in the 18-49 demographic and 4.99 million viewers. The next episode dropped quite a bit but the season’s average ratings were still high enough for TNT to invest in a second season of 15 episodes.

Season two averaged a 0.9 rating in the demo and 3.3 million viewers. It was renewed for a third season and those 16 episodes ended up averaging a 0.9 demo rating once again and 3.16 million viewers.

Last July, part way through the run of season three, TNT renewed Leverage for a fourth round of episodes. The first of 10 of those 15 installments will air in June. The remaining five will debut at a later date. TNT hasn’t announced when those will run but, in the past, the second half of the seasons air in the winter months.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that the show is returning? Does it bother you that TNT splits up the seasons?

marie December 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

This is my favorite show. Glad it will be back.

Geri March 15, 2012 at 6:23 am

Love the show , and it was fun to see Kari Machette (sp) & Hutton in an episode – just like old Nero Wolfe days!- Leverage is a great show!

Irene September 1, 2011 at 5:59 am

I love this show. I can’t wait to see the remainder of the 4th season.

karen lindsey July 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm

i enjoy ‘leverage’ a lot, but i rarely feel moved by it–it’s not that kind of show. but i must say that the homage to tim hutton’s late father, jim hutton, on last week’s episode was really quite touching. seeing him dressed in a replica [or thie original?] outfit from jim hutton’s ‘ellery queen’ series actually did bring tears to my eyes, and the clever way you modernized the method of queen telling the audience how he figured it out was great. it’s a witty, clever, and totally admirable show……..mr hutton, you are as classy as your dad was…
10 july 2011

P.R. June 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm

sooooooo freakin excited!! haven’t seen any advertizing for it so far so am happy to see it will return to the air!!!

Ans209 May 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Glad to hear it. Love this show. Its funny and keeps you interested.

Stephanie April 13, 2011 at 10:07 am

I am sooo glad! I LOVE this show!

carole April 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm

WOOOOOO!! So glad to see Leverage coming back. I love the show. Such twists. I hope more people find out about it and watch.

Tom April 7, 2011 at 12:00 am

Incredible show! I’m watching the 2009 and 2010 seasons again. There are very few TV shows I can re-watch. But, the chemistry of this show’s actors is incredible, especially between Hodge and Kane….more of them, please. Bellman is a gift . One of the best shows on TV. Thanks TNT!

Anonymous April 4, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I love this show, it’s great, I hope it lasts a long time

Lisa April 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Thank goodness! Way to go TNT. I love this show.

LINDA April 1, 2011 at 9:42 am

My husband and I love this show. We are “older” than the average demographic
and are not into “reality shows”. We were elated to here this show will return.
Kudos to all who have helped to keep the interest in this program going…

Sharon March 31, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I absolutely love this show! Instead of being the usual “who done it” show, we KNOW who done it and what it was that they did. Watching the Leverage group righting a wrong in such a ‘Robin Hood’ kind of way is such a pleasant and rewarding change of prime time television viewing! I am excited about the new season 4 coming up and look forward watching as many seasons and episodes of Leverage as the writers and this ‘one of a kind’, ‘fits like a glove’ acting crew are willing to produce and air! Here’s to all of you at “Leverage”, you guys are all awesome!!