Melrose Place: Was that the Last Episode of the CW TV Show?

Heather LocklearLast night, The CW aired the last episode of the first season of Melrose Place. Is that the last we’ll see of the show?

Debuting in September 2009, the new Melrose Place revolves around the same apartment complex as the 1990s original. It focuses on a new cast that includes Katie Cassidy, Stephanie Jacobsen, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, Shaun Sipos, Colin Egglesfield, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Nicholas Gonzalez, Victor Webster, and Brooke Burns. However, actors Thomas Calabro, Laura Leighton, Heather Locklear, Josie Bissett, and Daphne Zuniga have kept ties to the original alive.

Starting off with a murder mystery, the series didn’t make a killing in the ratings. The premiere attracted just 2.31 million viewers and a 1.3/3 in the 18-49 demo. The numbers fell after that and never came close to matching the premiere. A couple weeks ago, the March 23rd episode hit a season low with just .97 million viewers and a 0.5/1 rating/share.

The writing’s been on the wall for awhile that, even by CW standards, the Melrose Place numbers are so terrible that the series is doomed to be cancelled. Unfortunately, the producers didn’t take this into account and have left us with plenty of cliffhangers.

Do you think Melrose Place will be back?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It turns out that Drew was born with a heart defect and has one of Michael’s defective valves. After David breaks things off with Morgan, her tough-guy father pays him a visit in his restaurant. He tells the former burgler that he’s now working for him and will get his first assignment that night. If he doesn’t do as he’s told, Lauren will be hurt.

After finding the painting that Amanda’s been searching for, Ella blackmails her former boss into clearing up the false embezzlement charges and agrees to set Ella up in her own boutique PR agency. After selling the $3.4 million painting, Amanda goes back on her word and Ella turns her in to the FBI for selling the stolen painting. The last few moments show Amanda leaving WPK in handcuffs.

What do you think? Since this is very likely the end of the show, are you satisfied with the way it finished? How would you have ended it?

cynthia October 22, 2010 at 5:48 pm

WELL I SEE THEY ARE NOT THAT SUCKS I LOVE THEM BETTER THEN THE OLD SHOW MAD AS HELL

cynthia October 22, 2010 at 5:46 pm

please tell me they are bring back MP?

mom of 3 September 25, 2010 at 1:10 pm

i love melrose place and its very much missed.i was very upset to hear it wasnt coming back.i thought it was better then 90210 and that came back hopefully they will bring it back to tv..

anonymous September 20, 2010 at 4:13 pm

I am very disapointed in the way the show ended. its not a good way to end. it leaves you hanging. i dont get why they cant bring it back, i thought it was the best show!

Chalise July 22, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I watched the old Melrose Place. I loved it. THen i watched the new one and I loved that one too. I think u should bring back the show. And bring back Kimberly she made the show the last time. Please bring melrose place so we can see how everything ends

Man July 13, 2010 at 2:57 pm

i think this show was more geared for a younger audeince, not so much f0r the original viewers. i loved the show! i watch all of cw’s shows and they are fantastic! i agree that maybe they should have had some more marketing strategies to catch some more viewers, but as far as im concerned they need to put it back on and add a little something so they are able to do so. i mean come on, ppl who were in their 30′s and 20′s watching the original series in 1990 probably wouldnt be intrigued to the new melrose. their only problem was who they were gearing for to watch the show. its definitely for a younger audience. i think it was great bring it back!!! and riley needs to be a more interesting character, thats all. Ella was definitely the star of the show! now that you’ve cancelled it maybe youd have more viewers if you bring it back with a boom, unexpectidely!

Debra July 13, 2010 at 4:13 am

Like some of the others, I never watched the original Melrose. I started watching this with not knowing anything happening before. It didn’t take long to catch on and I love
the show, it is up there with 90210 as far as I am concerned. Maybe a little better. You
have been the network to make all the good ones work, give this another try.

Anonymous June 25, 2010 at 4:42 am

Writing for this series is definitely not up to par with the original. Too many cheesey characters/storylines. Keep Heather and Thomas and lets get some characters like Marcia Cross back on!

Marco Cals June 15, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Hate it!

Anonymous June 18, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Loved it.

Ian June 13, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Gutted if that’s the final episode. Me and the missus just watched 2 seasons in a row and for it to end like that leaves a bad taste in our mouths.

Any chance it could come back to tie up the loose ends? Really gonna miss Ella. She’s hot.

Christy June 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I am very upset!!!! This was one of my favorite shows. I didn’t watch it in the past. But this was great. I can’t believe you would leave the viewers that you did have hanging…..it is so not fair. If you know that it will be ending then let the viewers know and make it a real season finally!!!!!

renee beckham June 4, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I LOVE MELROSE!!!!!! And for the writers( of the show) to leave the viewers hanging, and wondering what happen, thats what is disappointing!!!! You know you do have some Melrose fans

ChgoNick May 18, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I love the MP reboot! As long as Amanda is back, I will be too!

BUT, they need to remove Jonah, Lauren and Riley – too goody-goody. Christ, Riley and Jonah could’ve been the Matt and Rhonda of this past season, that’s how convincing they are! We need more Ella-like storylines and action, we need a Kimberly Shaw…. or since Desparate Housewives is ending, maybe we need Kimberly Shaw. Now THAT would be a coup.

AB May 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Melrose Place had an interesting and catching finale. I would love to see the continuation. I was very pleased to see Heather Locklear coming back to the show. MP has no meaning without Heather. I hope MP won’t be cancelled. The show needs to be more adverstised to catch GenY’s attention. I introduced the show to someone from GenY and this person loves it.

MP needs better marketing strategy. It is a great TV show to keep.

Tone May 2, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Bring Kimberly back! Heather Locklear was not the person who saved the original…Kimberly helped as well.