Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 — April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.

Series Finale:
Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

549 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. bobby brown says

Can’t believe they cancelled this. Enjoyed each show. Didn’t care it came on at 10. Lot of my friends and family were hooked on this. Sad sad sad

2. Ann says

I agree with Jane 100%. I don’t need another reality, vampire, or housewife show to fill my evening viewing hours.

3. Jeri Stapleton says

I really like the program. Please do not cancel it. My daughter is a nurse working in the operating room and my son is in medical school. I love medical dramas and hope you will consider renewing this program.

4. Kate says

Pleeeeeese do not cancel this wonderful series, The stories so interesting in comparison with the other blah blah blah seen on a regular basis on either basic or cable channels.
    Just give it a chance!

5. Sherry says

Please do not cancel this show. One of the best if not the best medical show on these days.
    I have watched every show and do not want to see it gone. There are a lot more shows that need to go before this one.

6. says

I feel that we do not have a show of this type that is current and so real to todays medical situations. It is a great show and should definitely be renewed. I feel it should be given another season to prove itself to the listeners/viewers. Please renew!! Keep us Happy.

7. Robert Shay says

Please do not cancel this show. As another commenter said, I am mostly watching TNT and A&E these days for good dramatic shows. Canceling Monday Mornings would be a travesty. To quote Keong Sim, “No Do (renew this series), Die (sad travesty of quality TV)”.

8. jerry stouffer says

In a world of lousy entertainment on tv I found Monday Mornings one of the few shows I wouldn’t miss. Great characters well acted and story lines that were thought provoking. It was very good and raised the bar on what I call quality . I recommend renewing it.

9. Barb says

Please renew this show. There is so much mindless crap on TV I looked forward to this show every week. Best since ER series. Every time I finally find a show worth watching the general viewing audience who enjoys the Real Housewives of whatever
    win out. Why don’y you cancel some of that to make room for a quality tv show.

10. Ann Recor says

I have warched all available episodes and found it to be one of the better ones,as the storie were very real but entertaining. I hope those in charge can see the value in this show. Most T V shows need a couple of seasons to begin to show the resultsbecause it takes word of mouth for people to find it and start watching.Please try to bring it backas we need more shows of this caliber.

11. bob Leininger says

Cancel the best show that was on last yr….really smart ….get some infor. out there ..I was telling everyone I know

12. Jolynn says

I want it back. Great show, great acting. Makes no sense to cancel it. Cancel all the stupid shows like family guy, and adult cartoons.