NCIS: Los Angeles: CBS Renews Series for (Only) Season Two?

NCIS: Los AngelesCBS has given an early renewal to their new hit series, NCIS: Los Angeles. Though the early notice is certainly nice, it’s essentially been a done deal for awhile.

NCIS: Los Angeles, a spin-off of NCIS, follows a crack team of operatives that are charged with keeping our country safe from threats to national security. The show stars Chris O’Donnell, LL Cool J, Linda Hunt, Daniela Ruah, Adam Jamal Craig, and Peter Cambor.

The TV show got off to a very strong start in September and is still going strong. The dozen episodes that have aired so far have attracted an average of 16.8 million viewers and a 3.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

With numbers like that, a renewal was essentially a lock. If that wasn’t enough, the series also has some extra insurance that most shows don’t have.

Which NCIS is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In November, after being on the air for just seven weeks, NCIS: LA was sold in syndication to USA Network. Under the deal, USA will pay an estimated $2.2 million per episode. The cable channel can start airing episodes weekly beginning September 2011 and can begin running episodes five days a week starting in Fall 2013.

This deal all but guarantees that NCIS:LA will be on CBS for at least three seasons and very likely more. The crime drama is produced by CBS’ in-house studio so the network has financial incentive to keep it going even if ratings were to slip. Essentially, CBS could have saved time and renewed the series for year three as well.

The cast and crew will end up producing at least 24 episodes this season and it’s likely that they’ll end up making the same for 2010-11.

What do you think? Which is better — NCIS or NCIS:LA worth watching? How long do you think NCIS:LA will last?

Luke June 23, 2010 at 3:39 am

I agree with the fact that they are both equally good. But there is a difference. While NCIS:LA is about undercover-agents, NCIS is focused on every part of crime investigation.

poopsickins June 19, 2010 at 5:44 pm

NCIS LA>NCIS

danton June 17, 2010 at 11:34 pm

me gusta mas el de ncis los angeles por k tiene mas accion y mas misterio k el de ncis-navy
y el agente callen o g auruo muy bien en la primera temporada .

melanie June 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm

i think NCIS: Los Angeles is way better then NCIS it has more drama and it is a version a 16 year old girl like me can understand and enjoy it at the same time i just cant wait to see season 2 of this series and i hope i see more seasons to come!!!!!
becasue i really want to know what the “G” satnds for in callens name!!!!!

Areetha May 28, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I definitely think that both shows are at their best. NCIS LA is off to a great start and has caught the attention of many, many viewers. NCIS has also gotten more viewers but kept the old ones as well. It would not be right to end NCIS before a season 10 at least and NCIS LA should continue on. It would never get old, why? Because it’s an NCIS. Regular or LA.

R3D May 24, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Seriously…. no one noticed they are like the same show…. Character dies in the first season…. Mysterious Team leader figure….. Which one is better is somewht negligible given they are the same.

John Hill May 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Dear Channel 23
Please keep the NCIS & NCIS Los Angeles on the air. They are both good.
sincerely
John Hill

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I like them both equally, but when i have the choice between Los Angles and origional, I would probally choose Los Angles because there is more opportunity for character development there and I want to find out what happened to Dom.

Isha April 12, 2010 at 7:19 am

I totally agree with Gail, NCIS is the best. But, I have watched little parts of NCIS: LA. I really hope that NCIS runs for a reaeaeaeaeeaeaeaelly long time, it is an amazing show, I love the actors characters and everything.

jessica April 9, 2010 at 11:44 am

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this series!!! I soooo hope they keep it on for a longgggggggggg time ! its better than ncis, i think its because it has younger characters. i loveeeeeee it though!!!!

Gail April 7, 2010 at 6:45 am

I love NCIS the best. It has taken over where JAG left off. JAG had run it’s course and now NCIS is even stronger. I do watch LA but still like the action in NCIS.

Jules January 29, 2010 at 11:25 am

I like them both, each for different reasons. Love the characters especially Callan, Ziva, Tony, and Gibbs. I think they compliment each other nicely and would love to see more cross over.

Isha January 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I think that NCIS is definitely a million times better. The chemistry between Ziva nd Tony is hot and the actors are excellent. I don’t think NCIS La is a match to NCIS.

Rachel M January 26, 2010 at 9:03 pm

NCIS:LA is better, mostly because it does not have Tony, who is juvenile. Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J are an excellent team. And the world would not be same without Hetty.

Rene January 16, 2010 at 6:30 pm

They are both equally good. NCIS wouldn’t be the same without Gibbs, Abby, or Tony and NCIS: LA wouldn’t be the same without Nate, Hetty, or Eric.

Anonymous June 2, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Not to forget Callen and Sam…