Rizzoli & Isles: New TNT Series Renewed for Season Two

Rizzoli & IslesAfter being on the air for just three weeks, TNT’s new Rizzoli & Isles TV show has already been renewed for a second season.

Rizzoli & Isles follows tough detective Jane Rizzoli (Harmon) as she teams up with serious forensic pathologist Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander). Others in the cast include Bruce McGill, Lee Thompson Young, Lorraine Bracco, and Jordan Bridges.

The premiere garnered a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demo and 7.55 million total viewers. Rizzoli & Isles also set a record for the debut of a commercial-supported cable series. Week two’s demo number was steady at a 1.5 but viewership fell to 7.27 million. In week three, the demo fell to a 1.3 and viewership took a big drop, to 6.55 million.

Despite this week’s big tumble, TNT has decided to give Rizzoli & Isles a second season. The cable channel has ordered 13 episodes for season two and they’re expected to air sometime in 2011.

The 10 episodes of season one are expected to finish airing in late September.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Rizzoli & Isles has been renewed? Do you think the ratings will keep going down?

Canceled and renewed TV show

280 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Cindy says

Yes, I believe and hope that the ratings will rise. I think the more people who find out about this show, will watch it and love it.

2. Angela says

Keep checking the internet and tv guide….waiting for the next season to begin. This is a great show with a fantastic cast. Thrilled that it is coming back!!

3. says

Glad they renewed it & hope it gets renewed for another season. I didn’t see it when it first aired, then we caught it one night & have loved it ever since. Hope to see episodes we missed when we get the chance. Keep up the good work. Would be nice to find out when it’s starting again. I saw one commercial but, didn’t catch the air date for new season.
    Wendy Heinz

4. Shi says

I’am very very ..very glad that ‘there will be a second season. I don’t know about the ratings, but R&I do rock!!!!!!!!!
    It’s a fantastic show with fantastic actors, who play there roll damn good!!!!!!!!

So come on with season two, three , four and….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. NICOLE says

Just watched the whole first season and it was awesome. Thank God its coming back for a season 2 or I would be devastated, especially with the way they left things… Rizzoli and Isles rocks.

6. Sarah says

Thank God it is coming back for season 2. I would hate it if they left us hanging like that! Season 1 Finale was awesome! I really like this show.

7. says

I was loking on my Comp. to see if Riz & Isles was coming back for a second season. YEAHHH, it’ll be back, but no 0ne seems to know exactly when. I’ll keep looking for it. I loved the show!!!