Rizzoli & Isles: New TNT Series Renewed for Season Two

Rizzoli & IslesAfter being on the air for just three weeks, TNT’s new Rizzoli & Isles TV show has already been renewed for a second season.

Rizzoli & Isles follows tough detective Jane Rizzoli (Harmon) as she teams up with serious forensic pathologist Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander). Others in the cast include Bruce McGill, Lee Thompson Young, Lorraine Bracco, and Jordan Bridges.

The premiere garnered a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demo and 7.55 million total viewers. Rizzoli & Isles also set a record for the debut of a commercial-supported cable series. Week two’s demo number was steady at a 1.5 but viewership fell to 7.27 million. In week three, the demo fell to a 1.3 and viewership took a big drop, to 6.55 million.

Despite this week’s big tumble, TNT has decided to give Rizzoli & Isles a second season. The cable channel has ordered 13 episodes for season two and they’re expected to air sometime in 2011.

The 10 episodes of season one are expected to finish airing in late September.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Rizzoli & Isles has been renewed? Do you think the ratings will keep going down?

csandlin May 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Glad it is coming back because I was mad when they cancelled Womens Murder Club.

Carl May 6, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Three cheers for the second season. Tv needs more quality shows in these trying times.

Cindy May 5, 2011 at 9:09 am

Yes, I believe and hope that the ratings will rise. I think the more people who find out about this show, will watch it and love it.

Phyllis Crenshaw April 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm

My husband and I enjoyed the first season very much and are looking forward to season 2.

Angela April 25, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Keep checking the internet and tv guide….waiting for the next season to begin. This is a great show with a fantastic cast. Thrilled that it is coming back!!

Al April 24, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Good to see it is coming back. Good show.

Heinz, Wendy April 21, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Glad they renewed it & hope it gets renewed for another season. I didn’t see it when it first aired, then we caught it one night & have loved it ever since. Hope to see episodes we missed when we get the chance. Keep up the good work. Would be nice to find out when it’s starting again. I saw one commercial but, didn’t catch the air date for new season.
Wendy Heinz

julie April 18, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Love the show. Thrilled it’s coming back, just wish I knew when.

Shi April 6, 2011 at 7:46 am

I’am very very ..very glad that ‘there will be a second season. I don’t know about the ratings, but R&I do rock!!!!!!!!!
It’s a fantastic show with fantastic actors, who play there roll damn good!!!!!!!!

So come on with season two, three , four and….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry April 5, 2011 at 5:05 pm

i love this show. i am very happy it is coming back on. i hope they will renew for a third season as well.

NICOLE April 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Just watched the whole first season and it was awesome. Thank God its coming back for a season 2 or I would be devastated, especially with the way they left things… Rizzoli and Isles rocks.

Anonymous March 31, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I loved it and am waiting for the new season to start

Linda March 31, 2011 at 9:16 am

Love the show, hope it stays on forever.

Sarah March 30, 2011 at 6:27 am

Thank God it is coming back for season 2. I would hate it if they left us hanging like that! Season 1 Finale was awesome! I really like this show.

Cheryl March 28, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I was loking on my Comp. to see if Riz & Isles was coming back for a second season. YEAHHH, it’ll be back, but no 0ne seems to know exactly when. I’ll keep looking for it. I loved the show!!!