Victorious: Nickelodeon TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

Victorious no season fourNickeloedeon has decided to cancel their Victorious sitcom after three seasons and 60 episodes. The cable channel released a statement saying that they “will not be moving forward with production on a fourth season of Victorious following the final season that will premiere this fall.”

The statement continued, “We are very proud of the show, its very talented cast, and our audience will continue to see many of them in upcoming new Nickelodeon projects.”

Created by Dan Schneider, Victorious revolves around Tori Vega, a teenager who’s accepted into the Hollywood Arts High School, a school for talented teens in various performing-arts fields. The series features the talents of Victoria Justice, Leon Thomas III, Matt Bennett, Elizabeth Gillies, Ariana Grande, Avan Jogia, and Daniella Monet.

Schneider addressed today’s cancellation in a blog post:

Hey guys!
If I misspell anything in this post, please forgive me – I’m in the back seat of a car, typing on my phone! Okay, first things first… There is a whole NEW season of Victorious coming your way. We just finished shooting 15 new episodes, and they’re amazing. If you love Victorious, I feel sure you will love the NEW episodes coming! By now, a lot of you have heard that Victorious will not be returning for a 4th season. That is true. This was the network’s decision – not mine. Please understand: Almost all Nickelodeon shows have a life of about 60 episodes. We made around 60 episodes of Drake & Josh… of Zoey 101… and we made 41 episodes of The Amanda Show… and all those shows were big hits. So, it’s not unusual for a Nick show to do a run of just 60 episodes. I would love to have made more than 60 of Victorious, but that’s how it usually goes.

We’re extremely proud of the show, and all we’ve accomplished. Also – and it’s really important that you know this – the network’s decision about Victorious had nothing to do with Gibby or Sam & Cat. I promise. Even if there was no Gibby and no Sam & Cat – the network still would have ended Victorious after its 60-episode run. I know that some of you are upset and angry – and while I feel terrible about that, I’m also flattered by it. I really appreciate that you care so much. It means you love the show, which makes me feel very proud. But I ask that you please not be angry with Victoria, or Leon, Liz, Ariana, Avan… or ANY of the Victorious cast members or staff. They all wanted Victorious to continue – so did I. But remember! Stay psyched about the 15 new episodes of Victorious coming your way!

And I hope you’ll continue to support Victoria Justice, and me, and all the stars of Victorious. I can almost guarantee you – they will make a big impact on the future of entertainment. And finally… of course… I will keep making the best, funniest TV shows I know how to make, for as long as people have fun watching them. I’ll see you online later, and I’ll try to answer some of your questions. Thanks for listening. As always, please be nice to each other.

Love, –Dan

Victorious will be the second of Schneider’s series that will end this year, along with iCarly. Still, he’ll continue to be busy with two recently announced iCarly spin-off pilots — Sam & Cat, headlining Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande, and Gibby starring by Noah Munck.

What do you think? Do you enjoy Victorious? Are you sorry to hear that the show has been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

69 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. victorious show member wanna b says

i love this show almost as my own life, maybe even that far and dan im soooo happy that u made this show. i really look forward 2 the new episodes of victorious. ill do almost anything to meet all of the members in victorious, i love you Avon ,Leon Danielle Ariana Matt Ellizabeth and Victorious watching this show makes me a happier girl everday =^.^= sorry if i misspelled any 1 of yr names

2. Pricerin Bafia says

I am sad that Victourous is going to end it was a great show and I”m really upset that icarly will end cause I loved that show!!!!! Both shows were good and I hope to see all the actors again soon. Take care!!!! Thank you!!!!! :(

3. brendan says

Omg I am furious at nickalodeon. Victorious is the best top rated show on nick and is the best show ever. It is the only show that I can watch and not get bord even if ive seen it a thousand times.

4. Somebody says

Wth?! I only watched nickelodeon BECUZ of victorious!! I mean who doesnt! Nickelodeon i promise u.. most ppl will probably not watch ur network tht much anymore :( I kno Im not… I dont care if Victorious has to move to disney channel for all I care! my teenage bro somewat was amused by the show! (and tht says something) Bad desicion nick… bad… :(

5. Lisa says

My daughter and I are extremely disappointed. This is the best show on Nick, and we watch it all the time together. This is part of our bonding time. We both love the show and all of the cast. This was a very stupid decision!!!! I think they need to fire the person who decided to cancel the series!!!

6. Nick says

Congratulations Nickelodeon…..your doing the same thing Disney does. 60 episodes of the biggest shows you have then boom ended. I thought you guys were different. Lets see if you do the same with the newest series you make. Way to go, i thought you guys were different

• tay says

Actually, Disney will continue to milk a show for as long as they can as long as they continue to make money from it.

7. Craig says

Mr Moderator, have you heard any reasons behind the cancellation? I had heard that the show was finally eclipsing iCarly in popularity, so it seems a bit early to cancel unless there is something more happening.

8. Bloodredbladecuts says

I’m a huge fan of Victorious, I’ve loved it since it came on! It’s terrible that they’ve got to stop showing it, I for one think it’s not fair. They’ve shown iCarly for I know at least 4-5 years. I hate that They stop Victorious after 3 seasons but keep iCarly for 4-5 seasons.
    I’ve always LOVED the pairing of Beck and Tori, And to know that the network is going to shut the show down before they even get a shot, I was atleast hoping that they would get a chance. Like I said If it was up to me I would keep it for as long as the actors and actresses could act, so Yeah.

9. star says

i think that they should pull a Disney move and let Victoria leave and call it Hollywood Arts..and maybe change up the characters a bit..and maybe the story plots

10. Anonymous says

I am very upset about it me and my niece nephew and and sisters sit around and watch that show it’s part of our bonding time.

11. Nana says

I feel terrible. It may sound a little exaggerated, but I watch Victorious like every single day. It is one of the only shows i like on Nickelodeon… why do they need to cancel it?
    The cast is so amazingly talented, no discussion possible. I was always in love with that couple Jade and Beck, I really really loved them together.
    I was hoping to see a new season 4, and i thought that it would happen.
    This is a very wrong decision of Nickelodeon. Can’t believe this.

Sincerely,
    Nana

12. Victorious Lover says

victorious is the only show i like on nickelodeon and i hate it now the only thing that can save it is bring back the amanda show or give gibby his own show wah bye

13. Anonymous says

this suck it’s not fair i love tori and everyone on the show why do they have to called it it’s NOT FAIR >:( ;( this sucks

14. Tha Critic says

I’m kind of embarassed to admit this, but I’ve taken a liking to this show recently. I never found it to be great, but what can I say? I sort of like it.