Victorious: Nickelodeon TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

Victorious no season fourNickeloedeon has decided to cancel their Victorious sitcom after three seasons and 60 episodes. The cable channel released a statement saying that they “will not be moving forward with production on a fourth season of Victorious following the final season that will premiere this fall.”

The statement continued, “We are very proud of the show, its very talented cast, and our audience will continue to see many of them in upcoming new Nickelodeon projects.”

Created by Dan Schneider, Victorious revolves around Tori Vega, a teenager who’s accepted into the Hollywood Arts High School, a school for talented teens in various performing-arts fields. The series features the talents of Victoria Justice, Leon Thomas III, Matt Bennett, Elizabeth Gillies, Ariana Grande, Avan Jogia, and Daniella Monet.

Schneider addressed today’s cancellation in a blog post:

Hey guys!
If I misspell anything in this post, please forgive me – I’m in the back seat of a car, typing on my phone! Okay, first things first… There is a whole NEW season of Victorious coming your way. We just finished shooting 15 new episodes, and they’re amazing. If you love Victorious, I feel sure you will love the NEW episodes coming! By now, a lot of you have heard that Victorious will not be returning for a 4th season. That is true. This was the network’s decision – not mine. Please understand: Almost all Nickelodeon shows have a life of about 60 episodes. We made around 60 episodes of Drake & Josh… of Zoey 101… and we made 41 episodes of The Amanda Show… and all those shows were big hits. So, it’s not unusual for a Nick show to do a run of just 60 episodes. I would love to have made more than 60 of Victorious, but that’s how it usually goes.

We’re extremely proud of the show, and all we’ve accomplished. Also – and it’s really important that you know this – the network’s decision about Victorious had nothing to do with Gibby or Sam & Cat. I promise. Even if there was no Gibby and no Sam & Cat – the network still would have ended Victorious after its 60-episode run. I know that some of you are upset and angry – and while I feel terrible about that, I’m also flattered by it. I really appreciate that you care so much. It means you love the show, which makes me feel very proud. But I ask that you please not be angry with Victoria, or Leon, Liz, Ariana, Avan… or ANY of the Victorious cast members or staff. They all wanted Victorious to continue – so did I. But remember! Stay psyched about the 15 new episodes of Victorious coming your way!

And I hope you’ll continue to support Victoria Justice, and me, and all the stars of Victorious. I can almost guarantee you – they will make a big impact on the future of entertainment. And finally… of course… I will keep making the best, funniest TV shows I know how to make, for as long as people have fun watching them. I’ll see you online later, and I’ll try to answer some of your questions. Thanks for listening. As always, please be nice to each other.

Love, –Dan

Victorious will be the second of Schneider’s series that will end this year, along with iCarly. Still, he’ll continue to be busy with two recently announced iCarly spin-off pilots — Sam & Cat, headlining Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande, and Gibby starring by Noah Munck.

What do you think? Do you enjoy Victorious? Are you sorry to hear that the show has been cancelled?

Deli August 31, 2012 at 3:59 pm

WUT?WUT?!……………
I CANNOT BELIEVE DIS
Y? ICARLY N VICTORIOUS R GOIN 2 SHUT DOWN?!!!!!!!!
THOSSE MY FAV SHOWS MAN COM NO…………U CANT B SERIOUS?! :*(

Gen August 30, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Well There Goes Nick For Me Cancel Victorious I’m Canceling Nick From My Tv Schedule
I’ll Just Watch Abc Family

courtney August 30, 2012 at 7:22 pm

i am sad that Ava gye was cute.

Ibigtimevictorious August 30, 2012 at 5:53 pm

this is my opinion, i think its nickelodeons fault that there taking away all theses great shows.They want to put in stupid common shows like that new show they made called ” robot and monster” I think its really stupid of them because there starting to end up how cartoon network used to be when they took all the classic shows off. But we are not mad at the stars or staff of the show , we are just mad at nick for making such a bad decisions. So I that they should atleast do a survey on what the viewers think. Do they not think about what we want? That we wanted zoey101 and drake&josh and either rest to stay on? WELL YOU LISTEN HERE NICK-EL-LODEON YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING IF U TAKE OF ANOTHER SHOW AS GOD AS THIS THEN AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN YOU GET LOW RATINGS U WON’T HAVE A PROFIT TO PREVIEW BECAUSE UR STUPID DECISION! YOU DIDN’T TAKE SPINGEBOB OFF AND HE HAS 7 FREAKING SEASONS? ARE YOU SERIOUS ARE U FREAKING KIDDING ME? WOW REALLY NICK WHAT HAPPEN TO THE DAYS WHEN U USED TO CARE WHAT US TWEENS THINK HUH??

Ibigtimevictorious August 30, 2012 at 2:07 pm

This is my opinion, i say that nick is making a bad decision on canceling this show its really stupid now there coming up with stupid shows like…um… Robot and monster or fanboy and chum chum (think that was canceled also) there gonna turn out to be like disney and when they go down the drain there going to be mad when it happen becuase they dont have a profit to make so they can get high rating again (zoey101,drake&josh,icarly,victorious) and if they think they want to cancel btr they got another thing coming

Quinn August 25, 2012 at 6:00 pm

wtf?! Victorious is doing awesome! it has millions of fans worldwide and its a grea show! why does Nick have to cancel it?! Now i’m stuck with Disney Channel. FUCK MY LIFE

Victorious August 23, 2012 at 6:13 pm

its very sad.. but what can we do …

John August 21, 2012 at 9:44 pm

YOU SUCK NICKELODEON!!!!

jordyn benson August 21, 2012 at 6:16 am

I am so mad I could sue

DASADHUMAN August 20, 2012 at 10:58 am

NO SEASON 4=NO MORE NICKELODEON FOR ME

jordyn benson August 19, 2012 at 11:02 am

If nick is going around canceling shows they need to cancel spongebob
Squarepants and not victorious. If they cancel victorious and go door to
door and tell everyone to never watch Nick ever again who ever cancelled victorious .
better watch their back

victorious fan97 August 18, 2012 at 8:03 pm

This sucks!!! Why cant nick change their 60 episode rule

Trinidad August 18, 2012 at 11:33 am

This was a very stupid thing to cancel Victorious, the person who made this call should be FIRED! Why make a good show if you are just going to end it, i mean whats the point!
Nick needs to change their mind.

Stan August 16, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Something is suspicious here. A network cancelling a show that has yet to peak in popularity just because of a “60 program rule” An award winning producer and writer on vacation and unavailable for comment but whose last blog has a sad and peculiar edge to it. Network officials unavailable for comment. A group of talented young performers locked into contracts and probably told to keep quiet if you ever want to work in this town again. If I were the suspicious type I would be thinking conspiracy. If I were a Nickelodeon stockholder I would be thinking conspiracy.If I were the attorney general of the the United States I would be thinking subpoenas.

victorious show member wanna b August 14, 2012 at 4:21 pm

please email me i love all of u