Victorious: Nickelodeon TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

Victorious no season fourNickeloedeon has decided to cancel their Victorious sitcom after three seasons and 60 episodes. The cable channel released a statement saying that they “will not be moving forward with production on a fourth season of Victorious following the final season that will premiere this fall.”

The statement continued, “We are very proud of the show, its very talented cast, and our audience will continue to see many of them in upcoming new Nickelodeon projects.”

Created by Dan Schneider, Victorious revolves around Tori Vega, a teenager who’s accepted into the Hollywood Arts High School, a school for talented teens in various performing-arts fields. The series features the talents of Victoria Justice, Leon Thomas III, Matt Bennett, Elizabeth Gillies, Ariana Grande, Avan Jogia, and Daniella Monet.

Schneider addressed today’s cancellation in a blog post:

Hey guys!
If I misspell anything in this post, please forgive me – I’m in the back seat of a car, typing on my phone! Okay, first things first… There is a whole NEW season of Victorious coming your way. We just finished shooting 15 new episodes, and they’re amazing. If you love Victorious, I feel sure you will love the NEW episodes coming! By now, a lot of you have heard that Victorious will not be returning for a 4th season. That is true. This was the network’s decision – not mine. Please understand: Almost all Nickelodeon shows have a life of about 60 episodes. We made around 60 episodes of Drake & Josh… of Zoey 101… and we made 41 episodes of The Amanda Show… and all those shows were big hits. So, it’s not unusual for a Nick show to do a run of just 60 episodes. I would love to have made more than 60 of Victorious, but that’s how it usually goes.

We’re extremely proud of the show, and all we’ve accomplished. Also – and it’s really important that you know this – the network’s decision about Victorious had nothing to do with Gibby or Sam & Cat. I promise. Even if there was no Gibby and no Sam & Cat – the network still would have ended Victorious after its 60-episode run. I know that some of you are upset and angry – and while I feel terrible about that, I’m also flattered by it. I really appreciate that you care so much. It means you love the show, which makes me feel very proud. But I ask that you please not be angry with Victoria, or Leon, Liz, Ariana, Avan… or ANY of the Victorious cast members or staff. They all wanted Victorious to continue – so did I. But remember! Stay psyched about the 15 new episodes of Victorious coming your way!

And I hope you’ll continue to support Victoria Justice, and me, and all the stars of Victorious. I can almost guarantee you – they will make a big impact on the future of entertainment. And finally… of course… I will keep making the best, funniest TV shows I know how to make, for as long as people have fun watching them. I’ll see you online later, and I’ll try to answer some of your questions. Thanks for listening. As always, please be nice to each other.

Love, –Dan

Victorious will be the second of Schneider’s series that will end this year, along with iCarly. Still, he’ll continue to be busy with two recently announced iCarly spin-off pilots — Sam & Cat, headlining Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande, and Gibby starring by Noah Munck.

What do you think? Do you enjoy Victorious? Are you sorry to hear that the show has been cancelled?

Adele Hunter January 7, 2013 at 6:10 pm

it’s a shame that victorious is ending and I am sad but as a lot of people say all good things have to come to an end the show was amazing and it has inspired me a lot I do hope in the long run the cast gets everything they wish for in the future

Szara January 1, 2013 at 8:25 am

I love victorious! How can they do this to us! Victoria has inspired me to enter a competition at my school and I might get my dream job because of her. You all properly agree with me. All the victorious cast is very talented and they deserve to film more victorious! P.S victorious cast, good luck in the future!

Anonymous January 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm

why did you do it how could it happen :-( I <3ed victorious

charlotte December 26, 2012 at 12:52 pm

i think that england should make its own victorious and just get all the cast of victorious to come and act in our victorious that would be so cool !!!!!!

charlotte December 26, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I think it is stupid to cancel a very popular childrens tv show just cause it had 60 episodes. if it has already had 60 episodes that people love then whats the point in stopping them the programms like this are for the children that are too old for sponge bob and programmes like that . They need more mature programmes like Victorious and icarly. i think they are making a mistake and are making nickeloden just for small kids not young teenagers cause the wider range of aged programms the more viewers they get!

vin December 25, 2012 at 8:24 am

A COLOSSAL mistake to not renew Victorious. They couldve at least agreed to make an extra 12-15 episodes to the 15 episodes for the 2nd half of season 3. At least with the extra 13 they couldve worked on the finale of the series with the gang graduating,having a senior prom/prome and letting us get a nice length on possible new relationship interactions. Nick will lose a lot of viewers if they don’t at least give it another season or the recommended episodes I mentioned. Speaking as a 34 year old male I TRULY enjoyed this show and its unbelievable cast. I am all good for a Sam and Cat show if they add most of the Victorious cast on it as regulars, But Gibby I can do without since I didn’t really find his character all that interesting anyway with the exception of wiggling his big stomach. Well I can say this that once Victorious ends and Sam and Cat doesn’t impress me you won’t see me back on nick except for nick a nite shows like the nanny.

It’s their loss and keeping that big time rush crap on(which by the way has 60 episodes after the 3rd season BUT they renew them with 13 more for season 4)as well as that stupid Fred crap and now this Marvin Marvin nonsense. Maybe I should be owning Nick heh.

Shelby November 30, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I hate hate hate hate and 500 more hates hwoever canceled victorious.i mean how could they still have spongebob they have done like 3,000 seasons(sorry exagerating.)but they have done a lot of episodes.but victorious has only done 3,and plus way more people like victorious more than spongebob.i think that this 60 episode thing they talk about is so so so and 500 more so stupid.for instance SPONGEBOB !they have done way more than 60 episodes,and barly anybody likes it .who likes spongebob any way,we all like victorious,why cancel victorious??!!!ill give you a show to cancel:SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!nobody would care!this is to Ariana Grande:you are amazing Ariana.it sucks they’re canceling the show.”that is so tight”tight means good.”that is so not tight!”really it isn’t tight!infact i am watching “freak the freak out”and I am about to freak the F$@& out!!!icarly is awesome too. My favorite victorious character :Ariana Grande A.K.A.Cat My favorite i Carly character:Jennet Mcrdy A.K.A.Sam So luckily the icarly/victorious spin off is Sam & Cat:) I love Ariana Grande,Elizebeth Gillies,Victoria Justis,Danella Monet,Matt Bennett,Leon Thomas,Avon Jogia,and how could i forget Sikawiz…Whatever his real name is.i love love love love and500 more love you guys and I hate hate hate hate and500 more hates who ever canceled your show.you guys are amazing.(don’t worry if i spelled some stuff wrong,i am a 9 year old 4th grader.and yes i did say freak the fu*k out) Here I am once again feelin lost but now and then I breath it in to let it go .you guys are amazing actors and actresses you guys will always do your best and let it shine.

BRITTANY November 28, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I THINK IT IS VERY STUPID TO CANCEL VICTORIOUS… AND THIS WHOLE 60 EPISODE RULE IS NOT REAL… BECAUSE ICARLY GOT LIKE 110 EPISODES… WHY WOULD THEY CANCEL VICTORIOUS… IF THEY WERE THINKING ABOUT MONEY THAT IS ALSO DUMB BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE ONLY LIKED THE SHOWS ICARLY AND VICTORIOUS AND NOW THAT THEY ARE BOTH GOING TO BE GONE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO STOP WATCHING NICK… THEY COULD HAVE MADE A LOT MORE EPISODES BECAUSE PEOPLE LOVE THESE SHOWS AND THE CASTS… PERSONALLY I AM GOING T WATCH NICKELODEON A LOT LESS… THESE WERE MY FAVORITE SHOWS… WHEN EVER I WATCHED THEM THEY KEPT ME THINKING I WANT TO BE THERE ACTING AND SINGING AND I COULD BE THERE SOME DAY AND NOW THAT HOPE IS GOING TO BE GONE BECAUSE THE REST OF THE NICK SHOWS ARE CARTOONS… I HATE THIS.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

CHRIS QUINONES November 23, 2012 at 9:37 pm

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT VICTORIOUS IS THE THEME SONG OF THE SHOW BEFORE IT STARTS AND I ALSO LIKE THE WAY VICTORIOUS JUSTICE SINGS HER SONGS ON THE SHOW AND THE REST OF THE CAST SO LIKE I SAID THAT THE SHOW IS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT VICTORIOUS BECAUSE SHE IS SO POPULAR THAT I LIKE THE WAY SHE SINGS BECAUSE SHE HAS GOT SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL VOICE THAT I CANNOT STOP PLAYING THE THEME SONG ON MY COMPUTER.

Gabriel November 18, 2012 at 4:38 am

All i got to say is its not fair, how come iCarly gets more episodes, they have like 110 of them, and Victorious only gets 60, it doesn’t make sense to me. Victorious deserves at lest 2 more seasons, its a great show, it has millions of fans all around the world. And one more thing, thank you for the great times I had watching these two shows, Im really gonna miss them (especially Victorious) these to shows will be a big part of my childhood, also Ill be looking foward to Sam&Cat its gonna be great. BUT SERIOUSLY……..WHY NICK WHY!!!!!!!! you really let down a bunch of kids.. ;(

jennifer November 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm

why!victorious was like one of the best shows in the whole of nick.
i so hate this 60 episode thing. and victoria justice i luv u .u r my role model.

Somebody too October 14, 2012 at 12:44 am

Victorious is like one of the best shows on nick and u cancel it but you are still making spongebob i cant beleave that im really mad but there are still some good shows on nick but still that wa stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawre October 12, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Omg I hate this stupid 60 episodes rule. Who ever cancelled vicTORIous is a dope! ( Sorry I diddn’t wanna be too mean) Anyway, Clearly the guy who cancelled this is only thinking about himself and money money money (I think). STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF AND THINK ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE! When I found out that vicTORIous was ending I was Horrified! And now i’m ALWAYS crying quite literately I even cry myself to sleep because I know my dreams are being crushed! WHO EVER CANCELLED IT IS A BIG HEADED JERK (No offence i’m just angry and upset)!

Alanna September 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm

LIZ GILLIES U ROCK AND U ALWAYS WILL

Alanna September 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I LOVE VICTORIOUS. VICTORIOUS IS LIKE MY LIFE. I AM AN 11 YEAR OLD GIRL. I LUV YOU GUYS LIZ ESPECIALLY,AVAN,ARIANA,MATT,LEON,DANIELLA MONET,AND VICTORIA. JADE+BECK FOREVER. I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE ON TV WITH LIZ GILLIES. *crying in tears I still love you* -ALANNA

charlotte December 26, 2012 at 12:50 pm

hey i agree with you totally im a 12 year old girl and the only reason i watch nickeloden is for the more mature programmes like victorious and icarly without them on nickeloden its just gonna be for small kids

Evan September 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm

It’s the dumbest thing- 60 episode rule? Spongebob goes on and on and I bet you less people watch it now and more people like VicTORIous. They made money from VicTORIous and by cancelling it they’ll lose money. 60 episodes? Ridiculous. We the viewers- diserve more. We’ve watched most likely every episode, I loved it. I had the CD’s, I used to sing to it, and now It’s canceled? Nothing more to sing to, no more songs, PLEASE! MAKE IT IN AMERICA.