As the World Turns: Watch the Last Episode; What Did You Think?

As the World TurnsAfter 54 years on the air and 13,858 episodes, As the World Turns has ended.

The last installment aired this afternoon and was filled with closure. Doctor Bob Hughes (Don Hastings) retired from the hospital , Barbara (Colleen Zenk) dissolved her partnership with Paul (Roger Howarth), Casey (Billy Magnussen) left for law school, Chris (Daniel Cosgrove) proposed to Katie (Terri Colombino), Lucinda (Elizabeth Hubbard) and John (Larry Bryggman) got back together, and Janet (Julie Pinson) asked Jack (Michael Park) to be Lorenzo’s godfather.

It seemed like everyone’s storyline was wrapped up in some way, except for Luke (Van Hansis). As fans are well aware, he lost Reid (Eric Sheffer Stevens) last week and yesterday, said goodbye to Noah (Jake Silbermann). The closest he got was to be able to use Reid’s stethoscope to listen to Reid’s heart, now pumping in Chris’ body.

If you missed the farewell episode, here it is…

What do you think? Are you satisfied by the final episode, “The World Stops Turning”? Is there anything you would have done differently?

Canceled and renewed TV show

114 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. MONICA HAYNES says

I MISS THE SHOW SO MUCH. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A MOVIE DEPICTING ALL THE CHARACTERS FROM THE FINAL EPISODE LETTING ALL THE VIEWERS KNOW THAT THEIR MAIN PLAYERS ARE ALL DOING GREAT AND HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME. THIS STORY COULD BE BIG OR EVEN A TV MOVIE, I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA.

2. Karen Stacy says

I have been watching As The World Turns forever. I am 64. I thought my life would end when the cancelled the show. How does life go on with out all the cast of as the world turns. I can’t watch them in other shows because they are not Carley or Simon. Is there any possibility that a library will be made for people to purchase the episodes if they would like on DVD’s???????????????????

3. Robin says

I love ATWT…. and always will. I was just trying to sign the Petition here to save ATWT, but it appears to have moved. Would anyone know where it is? I hope that it’s not closed down…. that would be awful, because it would mean everyone gave up on continuing the show.

4. LISA WILLIAMS says

I’M VERY SORRY TO SEE AS THE WORLD TURNS COME TO AN END. I’VE LOVED THE SHOW SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL. MY MOM AND I WOULD WATCH IT ALL OF THE TIME. I REALLY ENJOYED HOW YOU ENDED THE SHOW WITH BOB RETIRING AND SAYING GOODBYE TO OR GOODNIGHT TO HIS LONG TIME CAREER AS DOCTOR AND THEN CHIEF OF STAFF AT THE HOSPITAL WHERE SO MANY EPISODES TOOK PLACE LONG AGO. SO, GOODBYE BOB AND KIM, JOHN AND LUCINDA, TOM AND MARGO, LISA, CHRIS, PAUL, BARBARA , AND THE REST OF THE STAFF AND CREW. LUV YOU, MISS YOU, GOODBYE.

5. Amber says

It is a sad day when all the soaps are going off air. I used to watch all the CBS soaps when I was a little girl with my grandma and my mom. When I got older I would watch them during the summers and on breaks from school. Now that im a grown up (some days) and work and family life gets in the way… I find myself reading about whats happening in the lines at the store or asking friends I know that watches and they fill me in. 1st Guiding Light and now ATWT is gone… BB and Y&R is left…. for now.

I guess the times are changing.

6. Robin says

Would my opinion of what I thought about ATWT ending make a difference in bringing it back? In my opinion, there never really was an ending, but something left to the imagination. There/ is more to be told about these amazing characters of Oakdale. I really hope that it can come back.

7. Linda says

The fans of Luke will never accept the lousy ending ATWT gave us. Luke feel asleep at the hospital while waiting for Reid to return with Chris’ heart. He had a horrible nightmare. Reid got the heart, was a hero and became the Chief of Staff of Memorial. Luke and Reid are the new “Bob and Kim” of Oakdale. After all, Memorial was really the true “star” of ATWT and the writers would NEVER leave it with no one really in charge. That would just be too, too cruel. (just couldn’t believe they had Chris saying he didn’t think he was interested in the COS position after it was the entire reason he did not see about his heart sooner….that was so lame)

8. Anonymous says

I am a 16 year old boy who has only recently came across these episodes. i started with Luke and Noah and was immediately hooked. I have watched all episodes after and i wish there was more. these episodes caught the eyes and hearts of people everywhere and of all ages. i atleast wish that Luke and Noah got back together….

9. fran says

I hope you bring AS THE WORLD TURNS back. I have watched for years and really miss it. Work on the producers and see if you can bring the show back. They are alot of sad fans out there.

10. DANA says

I HAVE WATCHED AS THE WORLD TURNS FOR MANY YEARS, I GOT STARTED BECASUE MY MOTHER USED TO WATCH IT AS I WAS YOUNG, IVE GOT HOOKED. AS THE WORLD TURNS IS AND WAS SUCH AN AMAZING PROGRAM..AND I LOVE WATCHING EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE, ALWAYS APART OF MY LIFE NO MATTER WHAT! AND ITS HARD TO KNOW THAT WHEN I TURN ON THE T.V IM NEVER GOING TO SEE IT AGAIN, IM SO SORRY SOMETHING COULDINT HAVE BEEN DONE TO KEEP IT ON THE AIR. I WANT TO THANK EVEYONE FROM THE DIRECTORS ,ACTORS, CREATORS,WRITERS AND OFF CAMERA CREW..THANKYOU ALL…..MAY GOD BLESS YOU …GOOD NIGHT AS THE WORLD TURNS…I LOVED YOU AND ALWAYS WILL !!!!

11. Anonymous says

I am gonna miss As the World Turns.. But I wish the last episode had shown the farm and Emma and Meg… Lots of things happened on that farm..Guiding Light is gone as well…. Hopefully, The Young and the Restless will stay.

• Anonymous says

I know how everyone feels I’ve been watching the show for at least 30 years and it will be missed. Hopefully we can get it back in the near future when the world keeps turning.

12. DOLORES' MARCELL says

DEAR SIR/MADAM:

I’M VERY SORRY TOO SEE “AS THE WORLD TURNS” END. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING BEFORE DECEMBER 1956 WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN, CHRISTMAS SHE WILL BE 54 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR..

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME A PICTURE OF THE FINALE WITH EVERYONE, THE WHOLE CAST.

NOW I AM WATCHING CARYLE AND SIMON ON “THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS”, WHICH I ALSO WATCHED, WHEN IT CAME ON 1/2 HOUR BEFORE AS “THE WORLD TURNS” BOTH LIVE.

YOUR CO-OPORATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Sincerely,