Justified: FX Prez Expects At Least Six Seasons

FX TV show Justified

At the FX session of the current Television Critics Association press tour, FX president John Landgraf talked about the cable channel’s plans for producing more original dramas.

He said, “I eventually see ourselves getting into six or seven dramas. We had an opportunity to get ahead with comedy. We decided to make comedy a priority and now we’ve turned back to drama.”

He spoke highly of the Timothy Olyphant TV series, Justified, and noted that he could see it running for at least six seasons.

The third season of Justified finished airing in April and was renewed for a fourth season of 13 episodes. They’re expected to debut sometime in 2013.

What do you think? Are you a fan of this FX drama? How long should Justified realistically run?

bookperson39 July 30, 2012 at 9:31 pm

If there is a God, “Justified” will go on forever and be forever fresh and original. No TV show, dead or alive, can touch it. So there.

John Strathern July 30, 2012 at 8:26 am

Terrific show. Six years is certainly doable. House was great. That show got stale. Depends on the writers and direction of the show. Justified is one of my favorites.

CJ July 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I absolutely love Justified. I record it so at the end of the season, I can sit and watch all the episodes back to back again. My family always gets together for dinner and then watch it and try to guess what is going to happen next, nobody even comes close. This is a sign of a good show. If you can figure it out before it happens, it gets boring. Keep up the great work! and keep the show on forever!

Yvonne McTear July 29, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I couldn’t agree more Dolphin…..I adore Justified but I wouldn’t want it to become routine or stale. It should definitely have been nominated in all the above mentioned categories and needs FX to promote it more in the Emmy campaigns.

Blenda Taylor July 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I would like to see Justified on for a very long time ,but FX Network,doesn’t seem to keep their series on ,for no more than 8 yrs and then they are gone.

brian murphy July 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Elmore Leonard + perfect casting= ten years.

Adam July 29, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Justified is the best drama on TV. The characters are great and there is a lot more to be written about the Boyd – Raylen relationship. I cant wait for next season.

Denise July 29, 2012 at 11:59 am

It is my favorite show on television and I love Elmore Leonard’s books!

Anonymous July 29, 2012 at 11:06 am

Justified is an outstanding series. The producers, directors and writers have captured the feel of Elmore Leonard’s works in a way I didn’t think possible. His characters, both good and evil (and in between) are unforgetable. Glad it is goind on for a few more years.

Erin July 29, 2012 at 11:05 am

I Love this show so much I could see it running for as long as NCIS or any of the Law & Orders! The Actors & Writers are Wonderful! =)

rtltcjt@comcast.net July 29, 2012 at 11:05 am

This is one of the most interesting, clever, and engaging series on TV today. All of the characters are played beautifully, and each is memorable. The unexpected twists and turns of this series keep it fresh and entertaining, while taking the viewer on a great ride. I love the subtlety and rhythms that ebb & flow among the actors in this program – be they recurring or cameo appearances. Every actor in this ensemble does an excellent job.
And there is something wildly infectious about ALL of the story lines. The southern swagger, clever writing, and characterizations create an intoxicating ride each week for the viewer. Few shows have captured our loyalty as this show has done!

fernstalbert July 29, 2012 at 10:28 am

Love the show and the quirky characters!!! So nice to see another side of law enforcement that isn’t centred on “hip/cool” urban characters. Thanks F/X and Elmore Leonard. Cheers.

eva July 29, 2012 at 10:26 am

I definitely LOVE Justified and want it to continue for a long time. Ive missed it right now on TV. Its one of my top 3 shows to watch.

Dave July 29, 2012 at 8:27 am

Justified is definately one of my top 5 favorite shows. Hope it runs for a good long time.

Dolphin July 29, 2012 at 8:18 am

Justified is currently my favorite show on television. I hope it stays on the air so long is it is able to continue to tell stories that are original, fresh, dramatic, quirky, funny, smart, well-written, well-casted, well-acted, well-choreographed, and have heart. A tall order? This is the bar set by Justified, itself. I’d also like to see FX stand behind the show during Emmy campaigns, the way it stood behind American Horror Story. Justified should have been nominated in best drama, best actor drama, best supporting actor drama, best ensemble cast drama categories, and best writing drama categories. Season 4 needs a Raylan-centric and another Boyd-centric episode of Emmy quality. The show and the fan deserves no less. Thanks!