Ringer: Cancelled; No Season Two for CW Series

Ringer cancelled season twoHeralded as Sarah Michelle Gellar’s return to television, Ringer couldn’t hold onto its audience. The show’s been cancelled after one season and 22 episodes.

As Ringer begins, we meet Bridget (Gellar), a former stripper and recovering alcoholic who’s witnessed a murder and goes to stay with her estranged twin sister Siobhan (also Gellar). Her sister disappears so Bridget takes Siobhan’s place and soon realizes that her sister’s life was more complicated than her own. The TV series also features the talents of Nestor Carbonell, Ioan Gruffudd, Mike Colter, Tara Summers, Kristoffer Polaha, Zoey Deutch, Justin Bruening, Billy Miller, Jason Dohring, Nicole Anderson, and Gage Golightly.

Considering the amount of promotion that The CW put behind it, Ringer’s premiere had to viewed as a bit of a disappointment. It registered a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.84 million total viewers.

Should Ringer have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In week two, the demo dropped a whopping 25% to a 0.9 rating with 1.94 million. Week thee remained stable but week four plunged 33%.

Over the course of the season, the ratings fluctuated but also dwindled downward. They fell as low as a 0.4 rating (several times) with as few as 1.05 million viewers.

With very few hours of primetime real estate to fill, it just didn’t make sense for The CW to renew Ringer for a second season. They’ve cancelled the show and the last episode aired on April 17th. Since it wasn’t expected to be a series finale, several storylines were left up in the air.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that Ringer has been cancelled and won’t be returning for season two? Why do you think the ratings declined? Was it too hard to follow or just not interesting enough?

sel March 10, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Pls bring it back!!! Im obsessed with it!!!!

Peggy Ortiz February 18, 2013 at 11:32 pm

VERY DISSAPOINTED RINGER GOT CANCELLED!!!!!!!!! this show needs to be renewed for a second season I was on the edge of my seat just waiting for next week to see the new episode bring it back a lot of people love it and its not fair that it was cancelled I can’t stop watching it on Netflix so please please please bring it back RENEW FOR A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!

Joanie M February 11, 2013 at 12:20 am

I’m really disappointed that CW cancelled RINGER, I just finished season 1 on Netflix and can’t believe CW would leave us without at least completing it in season 2. FAILURE CW. Yet another great show cancelled. And you keep shows like 90210 on…. At least ringer was original… If you don’t remember 90210 has been done. GREAT JOB CW TWO THUMBS DOWN!

Ella Fox February 7, 2013 at 11:17 pm

The Ringer kept me on the edge of my seat. I watched a few episodes on CW Network online and I finished watching it on Netflixs. Let me tell you it only took me two days to watch the last 18 episodes on Netflixs. I stay up the second night until after 2 am because I had to know what was coming next. I was very disappointed to hear CW dropped yet another great show. I would love to see more of this show. Please don’t end this show this way. They did this to Kyle XY and Secret Circle. The networks have to understand, people are watching and caughting up on things so differently these days.
You can download tv shows, watch them online, on your cell phones, tables etc.

Very Big Disappointment!!! Give it another chance!!!

Linda January 24, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Just finished watching the full season of Ringer on Netflix. What a huge disappointment to find out there is no season II. What can we do to bring this great show back?

Pam Knott January 15, 2013 at 7:29 pm

My husband and I are VERY DISSAPOINTED you are not continuing Ringer. We really enjoyed this series, I taped every show as Brent works at night and so we would both watch the next morning. WHY do you always cancel the good shows and we are stuck with junk liked the Bang Theory (or whatever) Ringer was a wonderful series and we were so looking forward to Season TWO. I also have 4 friends who would come to my house the night Ringer was on and we would ALL watch the show while enjoying Wine and Munchies.
SHAME ON YOU for cancelling a GREAT SHOW!!!

Crystal Jefferson January 10, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Ringer is an awesome please bring it back!!!

Anonymous January 3, 2013 at 6:22 pm

very desapointed

Alicia Pierce November 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I don’t think it should have been canceled at all!!! It was a great show!! I think the waiting for the next episode and the misleading previews is the reason for the loss of viewers. Maybe people had to work at those hours or didn’t like the suspense of it all. I personally enjoyed it and I got my husband to join me in the suspense. It was a bit disappointing for it to end. Maybe it should be a movie!!! I’d buy it!!

Lisa November 19, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Seriously disappointed! It was once of the best series… Too bad it was short lived! Perhaps it’s not an issue with the viewers not tuning in… but more so with the idiots that put it on a channel that no one watches! It deserved to be on CBS! BIG MISTAKE!

Sonja Enge November 14, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Bring it back!!!! It’s great writing!!! I hate reality tv. The networks keep cancelling the good shows

Blair November 13, 2012 at 12:52 am

Bring back ringer I love it !!!

Jade November 13, 2012 at 12:50 am

I love this show please make a season 2 I live for Sarah Michelle gellar

Kathy C. Whie November 9, 2012 at 4:02 pm

No one watches the CW channel. It needed to be on CBS as originally planned, and that would have given the show a fair shot. It was excellently acted, engaging, and the story-line was riveting. It should not have been cancelled without a proper introduction. It’s a shame another network didn’t pick up the show.

Roxana November 5, 2012 at 2:03 am

I love this show and its a shame that it got cancelled. It didnt even have a proper ending. my fiance and i are very disappointed. Words can not begin to express how badly I wish you would reconsider.