BBC America is hittin’ the road this summer. The network just released a new teaser for season 27 of Top Gear.
The new season of the car series will see new hosts Freddie Flintoff, Paddy McGuinness and returning host Chris Harris set out on an epic Ethiopian road trip, test drive cars in Borneo, and attempt to build their own electric vehicle.
Take a sneak peek and read more info below:
The all-new 27th season of Top Gear premieres on the network on Sunday, July 14 at 8/7c on BBC America. Featuring new hosts Freddie Flintoff, Paddy McGuinness and returning host Chris Harris, the premiere episode sees the trio reliving their first car experiences in Ethiopia.Freddie, Paddy and Chris are tasked with buying a fine example of their own first car, and drive their purchases to the Danakil Depression – the hottest year-round place on Earth. Moreover, Chris takes to the track in the McLaren 600LT and Ferrari 488 Pista in order to determine which track-day supercar is the best. Suffice to say, Europe’s tire manufacturers were kept in business for another few years.
- The hosts must find examples of their first cars for an epic Ethiopian road trip.
- Paddy, Chris and Freddie build their own electric sports cars. Plus, Chris challenges Elon Musk’s claims about the Tesla Model 3.
- Paddy will demonstrate of the perfect family car is an old hearse. They’re spacious, carefully driven and very cheap, on account of no one wanting to buy one.
- The hosts test rare cars in the rain forest of Borneo.
- Freddie competes in Iceland’s Formula Off Road – the maddest, smashiest motorsport on the planet, in which thousand-horsepower trucks race to the top of vertical cliffs.
The new season sees Paddy, Freddie and Chris tackling the fastest, hottest, toughest Top Gear challenges to date: pushing their cars, and themselves, to the very limits of endurance. From the brutal heat of the Ethiopian desert to the pedestrianized shopping district of downtown Mansfield in England, Top Gear is going bigger than ever before – all brought from the world-famous Top Gear test track, where a fresh batch of celebrities will demonstrate their driving prowess, or lack thereof, in the Reasonably Fast Car as well as being put through a new challenge which will be set by the presenters each week.”
What do you think? Are you a fan of Top Gear? Will you watch the new season?