Chuck: Could There Be a Follow-Up Movie?

Chuck reunion movie?Now that the Chuck TV series is over, some are no doubt already wondering if the Buy More gang could return one day in a reunion movie. It’s way too soon to tell but the idea has certainly been suggested.

Amidst the series finale coverage, Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, and executive producer Chris Fedak were all asked about the possibility. Here’s what they had to say:

USA Today: As for whether this is truly the end for a show that wouldn’t die, Levi says he could see a continuation via an online film. Again, it goes back to depending on the fans.
“I genuinely believe that our fan base, if given the opportunity to spend $5 on an hour-and-a-half Chuck movie to buy online and keep, I think they would,” he says. “That would be a really fun thing to do.”

THR: What are the chances of a Chuck movie?
Yvonne Strahovski: There are always more stories to tell. I’m sure that if that idea came up, I’m sure most if not all of the cast members would probably be up to doing something like that. We love each other. We’re such a close-knit group and the crew as well. So, it’s a real community that we’ve created amongst ourselves and the fans. So, I think if it was in the cards, I think we’d all be up for it.

Huffington Post: Is there really going to be a Chuck movie? Are you guys thinking about it? (question submitted by reader “chuckfan15″)
Chris Fedak: There are no plans at the moment, but it sure would be fun. We could blow up so many Crown Victorias.

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chuck movie of some kind or do you think the series finale should be the true ending? If you’d like a movie, how long should they wait to do it? What should it be about?

Linda April 26, 2013 at 9:57 am

Yes! I vote for a movie! Mr. Baldwin has been through this before with Firefly, and I think it tied up things nicely. You can tell a great smooth-running series by how tight-knit the cast and crew is. Another example of this is Stargate SG-1. They had a couple of movie follow-ups as well. Do it!

ruairi April 7, 2013 at 6:58 am

I just finished watching the last episode of chuck and I am quite sad that its over and I really really want them to make more tv series. because there is so much they can cover with a new tv series and people should try and get the creators and the cast to make more episodes of chuck.

Jason April 27, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I agree I REALLY want more episode’s the series should have never went off the air.. It was such a great show and there is so much more they could do.. Like for instance finally help sarah get her memory back!! They can do a movie too if they’d like.. That would also be awesome. However I really want them to Bring back Chuck!! Bring back Chuck!!

Emma April 4, 2013 at 5:19 am

I really hope they make a movie. I’ve literally just spent 5 days doing nothing but watching Chuck and it was amazing! So sad to let it go.. because it was actually becoming a part of my life. Anddd what to love better than a good old fashioned American spy movie! I’m also from Ireland and everyone here loves Chuck! So pleaseeee, for the love of God, bring Chuck back!!!

paul carmichael April 3, 2013 at 3:42 pm

chuck was a really interesting series and in fact it was more than just a series. sadly, all good things have to come to an end but a movie or something like that would be nice, explaining what happens next.

Anonymous March 23, 2013 at 1:32 am

Hey greetings from Ireland!!! Im a big fan of chuck and have been from the beginning yet i was left disapointed by the ending although i understand where the writers were coming from in terms of chuch and sarahs love standing the test of time and memories nd although it was hinted at that sarahs memories were retuning ,after 5 years and all the hard work fans made in gettin those years we deserved better then a cliffhanger ending!!! 100 per cent behind a chuck movie hopfully it will happen!!! love chuck!!!

nicholas wagner March 21, 2013 at 10:40 am

just bring it back, its my favorite show of all time.

TheBiggestFanOfChuckAndSarah March 17, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I really dissapointed in the end and i really cry a lot because i want like sarah(back memory) and then END. but i really feel sad when her memory doesn’t come back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE DO MOVIE OR SEASON 6 PLEASE … I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS SHOW AND PLS THERE ARE SO MANY FANS OF CHUCK WHO WANTS A MOVIE, PLS MAKE A MOVIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmanuel March 17, 2013 at 7:51 am

Sigh, I really wish that there will be a Reunion movie even if the main purpose is to give closure to the cliffhanger kiss ending. Like what happened after the kiss, did they get back together or did they bought Sarah’s dream house, etc. and maybe one very last mission?

Chuck and Sarah forever March 10, 2013 at 5:09 am

I think you guys might have misinterpreted the ending. they went back to the pilot episode – to the start. this also goes for chuck and sarahs relationship. i think they wanted to show that chuck and sarahs love is strong enough to overcome the loss of memories. i think it was yvonne who said “sarah fell in love with chuck again in that last episode. the fact that she is willing to listen to their story and that she cries at the beach… i think she fell in love with chuck again at that time. she wants him to kiss her because she wants her old life back – with chuck. it was quite sad and tragic though and i cried a lot but the ending is really beautiful even though it s sad. the only bad feeling we all have about it is due to the fact that we think a relationship as great as theirs deserved better – a happy ending. Ofc the ending is no happy end but they “sold” it as if it were one.
Chuck and Sarah forever

Reunion movie? March 6, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I actually think it’s possible for the cast to do a last movie or more then just 1 movie for that matter. It could be about Sarah leaving Chuck, then they meet like 2 years later where they discover a mission that they need to do. And this is where Chuck and Sarah discore the Intersect 4.0 or 3.0 where they remake it so that Sarah gets her memory back. This was just my thoughts. Or they could make a Season 6 to thighten up some lose ends, and make it the best season ever:). God i love Chuck

gooal March 5, 2013 at 8:49 am

This is the best series I’ve ever seen!I want another season or at least a movie and everything fell into place!I want her to remember!I want a happy ending!

Ashley March 3, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Pls for the love of god and all that is holly, make a film and end on a, they all lived happily ever after.

michael; February 22, 2013 at 10:20 pm

if you want to end the show maybe season 6 maybe sarah and chulk has a baby on season 6 that ellie built intersec 4.0

why did it end so bad January 25, 2013 at 4:28 am

what happen after the goodbye episode i want to know more about the after life did sarah say with chuck or left

Martin Olsen January 24, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Hello
I come from Denmark, my English is not good, so I use google translator.
I hope you understand what I write.

I have just seen the last of Chuck, I’m totally speechless. I am left with a feeling that there really is something missing. I am a very sensitive person, I broke all together because Sarah did not believe Chuck in the house where she helped to create a memory of their love. That she is about to kill him before she sees his name on the door frame.
I cried (I know it’s a series, but it affects me really much)
It may not end up that we do not know about Sarah finds her feelings again, if she remembers the love they have for each other after they kissed on the beach.

I know that I only have one. but I seem to be making a season 6 and a movie. ending the whole of season 6 will end with Chuck and Sarah get together. In my opinion it is the only way to end the series without leaving any loose ends.

Finally, a movie that shows a last mision after Chuck and Sarah had their lives, the lives they dream of. A film about their children find out what and they do one last thing for the CIA.

I have many ideas for the last from Chuck.

Because it affects me as much as it does.

Anonymous February 2, 2013 at 4:58 am

Agree with you wholeheartedly. To leave such a long series (have just watched all the five seasons) with such a cliffhanger and leaving it to your imagination!! What were they thinking about?