Season one of Bounce TV‘s new Saints & Sinners TV series premieres Sunday, March 6, 2016, at 9:00pm ET/PT. Watch a preview, below. Bounce says, “Shot on location in Atlanta, Saints & Sinners centers around the pursuit of power, intertwined with greed, deception, corruption and murder – all set against the backdrop of a large southern church.”
The Saints & Sinners cast includes: Vanessa Bell Calloway, Christian Keyes, Keith Robinson, Clifton Powell, Gloria Reuben, J.D. Williams, Jasmine Burke, Afemo Omilami, and Richard Lawson.
Per Bounce TV, “UPTOWN Magazine says that #SaintsandSinners is ‘like Empire in the Church!’ See for yourself on Sunday, March 6 at 9/8c on Bounce – TV Our Way.” Enjoy the promo.
Principal photography just wrapped on the first season of Saints & Sinners. Get more information on this upcoming drama, from the press release:
Principal Photography Wraps on Bounce TV’s First Original Drama Saints & Sinners
Series Premiere Set for Sun. March 6 at 9:00 p.m. (ET)
ATLANTA, Feb. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Principal photography has wrapped on Bounce TV’s first-ever original drama series Saints & Sinners, the network announced today.
Shot on location in Atlanta, Saints & Sinners centers around the pursuit of power, intertwined with greed, deception, corruption and murder – all set against the backdrop of a large southern church. Saints & Sinners will be seen Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. (ET) starting March 6.
Bounce TV is the only emerging broadcast network, also known as a “multicast” network, producing original scripted series. The network’s three originally-produced sitcoms Mann & Wife (First Season), In The Cut (First Season) and Family Time (Third Season) all set network records for viewership in 2015.
In Saints & Sinners, Greater Hope Baptist Church is the heartbeat of Cypress, GA, a large southern town outside Atlanta. As times changed and Cypress grew, so did Greater Hope’s influence. With the return of a prodigal son and a shocking crime that rattles the core of the community, long-kept secrets, deceit, jealousy and compromising sexual affairs threaten to demolish the heart of the church and shatter the lives of those within it. For it seems at Greater Hope, only God and the Devil can tell the difference between a saint and a sinner.
Saints & Sinners cast includes:
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Shameless, Coming to America) as Lady Ella, a beauty queen with a business mind and the power behind the throne as Pastor Evan Johnson’s wife.
- Christian Keyes (Mistresses, Let’s Stay Together) plays Levi, the prodigal son who returns to his hometown after a successful run on Wall Street.
- Keith Robinson (Dreamgirls, This Christmas) portrays Miles Calloway, a former R&B star, one hit wonder, now serving as the minister of music at Greater Hope.
- Clifton Powell (Ray, Murder in the First) is Rex Fisher, a ruthless local loan shark with his hand in many of the dealings in town.
- Gloria Reuben (Mr. Robot, ER) as Mayor Pamela Clayborne, a former prosecutor whose secrets are catching up to her.
J.D. Williams (The Wire, The Good Wife) as Jabari, Levi’s cousin who also works for Rex and is torn between family and business.
- Jasmine Burke (The Vampire Diaries, Army Wives) is Dr. Christie Johnson, the daughter and only living child of Pastor and Mrs. Johnson, who tends to local patients but has her own private issues.
- Afemo Omilami (Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Forrest Gump) plays Detective St. Charles.
- Richard Lawson (Numb3rs, Wag the Dog) as the beloved Pastor Evan Johnson, who is harboring many dark doings from his faithful believers.
Saints & Sinners is being produced in partnership with Swirl Film’s Eric Tomosunas (Undershepard, 35 and Ticking).
Bounce TV is the fastest-growing African-American (AA) network on television and airs on the broadcast signals of local television stations and corresponding cable carriage. The network features a programming mix of original and off-network series, theatrical motion pictures, specials, live sports and more. Bounce TV has grown to be available in more than 93.5 million homes across the United States and 93% of all African American television homes, including all of the top AA television markets. Among the founders of Bounce TV are iconic American figures Martin Luther King, III and Ambassador Andrew Young.
Did you enjoy the preview of the Saints & Sinners TV show? What do you think of the series and character descriptions? Do you plan to check out the first season of Saints & Sinners when it premieres on Bounce TV? Sound off, in the comments.