Intelligence: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Intelligence: canceled or renewed?CBS kept Hostages on the air even though it became obvious that it was doomed to be cancelled after one season. How has Intelligence fared? Will it suffer the same fate or will it be renewed for a second season instead?

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Josh Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

Debuting on a Tuesday night in January, sandwiched between NCIS and Person of Interest, Intelligence’s first episode drew a very healthy 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 16.49 million viewers.

Unfortunately, most of those viewers didn’t return for the second episode the following Monday. That attracted just a 1.2 in the demo with 6.2 million, a decline of more than 50%.

The numbers have risen and fallen since then but have generally been moving downward. Last week’s episode tied a series low in the demo and hit a new low in viewership. Looking at the averages, it’s also the lowest-rated show currently on the network (aside from Saturday night’s 48 Hours).

Like Hostages before it, it’s clear that Intelligence won’t be back for a second season. The ratings are just too low. CBS recently renewed most of their primetime shows for next season. Intelligence was one of the few that were missing from that list.

At this point, we can hope that the producers finished the 13 episodes in a satisfying way.

But, what do you think? Do you like Intelligence? If you were running the network, would you renew it or cancel it to make way for something else?

353 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. MAP says

I agree, Intelligence should not be cancelled!!! It’s a program I look forward too. Many sitcoms are not worth watching and they get renewed all the time.

2. says

I would like to see you reconsider cancelling Intelligence. It is not only imaginative but well portrayed with a variety of different character types.

3. Dan says

Intelligence rocks!!!! My wife and I look forward to it every week. Great characters ( ALL of THEM!), great story lines, great action, cool visual effects. There’s so many reasons to keep this show on the air!

4. says

please bring back intelligence I don’t want it to be cancelled and I like the actors and how it got action and its better than reality show. I WANT REAL ACTORS NOT FAKE ONES LIKE REALITY SHOWS.

5. Marie says

I really enjoyed this show and hope that it returns. I hate all those reality shows and cannot understand why we are inundated with them. Please bring back Intelligence.

• Lucas says

I agree. I really enjoyed this show because I loved watching Josh Holloway on LOST throughout its entire run and it’s good to see him as the main character on his own show. CBS needs more shows like Intelligence rather than airing more reality shows that basically rip off from other reality shows that are exactly the same. CBS had better bring back Intelligence for a second season because, if they do, I’ll be just as annoyed when CBS canceled Unforgettable after season one.

6. lori says

I think every show that I like gets cancelled. I am very sick of it and will not watch another new show ever!!!!!

7. bigguy6176 says

I agree with the commenters above, for me reality TV is so stupid, they actually believe that people act like what they show on these shows. I like action adventure shows like Intelligence, they keep you interested in the inventive story line. Please bring it back on and maybe you’ll get more viewers if you run it against the sitcoms that are so terrible in stead of other great shows of action adventure that have loyal followers for years.

8. Janet J says

I miss the TV show Intelligence! So often shows are canceled and they’re never missed. Not so with Intelligence! I looked forward to every episode, liked the characters, and was intrigued by the developments. Please bring the show back and let it find its audience.

9. nana says

i don’t understand CBS anymore they keep MOM and the Millers but take a good show off, Intelligence was a good show and had alot of action, please bring it back

10. Rabsoft says

I like the series. I’d rather watch real actors than the flood of reality programming!!! Bring it back!!!

11. aj says

I truely enjoy this show, the actors, the story lines, & I too prefer this to reality tv. I agree that it needs time. It was not fair that it’s first season was interrupted by the Olympics. Give it another chance and PLEASE BRING IT BACK!