Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

LadyBug September 15, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I think this show would have done much better without David Spade. He absolutely repulses me in this show. What a pig! I’m amazed the show ran this long. I love the rest of the cast! Best wishes to all of them.

ryan skinner September 13, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Hi my name is ryan skinner and i believe that this show must go on i am 19 years old and cant well wont let that episode be the last i feel they should be back on cbs has lost a great show and great rating only if there was a way to get it back on t.v does n e one know a way to do thos…very serious

Anonymous September 14, 2013 at 10:02 am

Totally agree!!
This show has the best everyday life common humor. I was wondering also also how to help bring it back.

Vanessa August 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I loved this show!!!!!! I’m very sad that it won’t be on anymore:(

Anonymous September 14, 2013 at 10:03 am

Tell me about it. This show was such a delight to watch

tony August 13, 2013 at 7:20 pm

my favorite sitcom

Dang! August 12, 2013 at 1:48 pm

This show always provided a good laugh out loud moment, not too many do that anywmore. I am sad to see this one go. The entire family liked watching it.

michael August 8, 2013 at 2:23 pm

CBS is always quick to trash a show. They bounced it all over the place and then killed it. There were plenty of places to go with the characters. I’d like to see a spin off with Adam and Audrey at the very least.

Anonymous August 2, 2013 at 12:30 am

Seriously, yet another good show bites the dust. What to make room for more of that reality crap or CSI, Criminal Minds murder junk.

Come on people. Who’s in charge at these networks. Lets start remembering who actually pays the cable bills.

Ya know rating wouldn’t slip if you placed then in a consistent time slots. Remember back to the days when Cosby was Thursday – every thursday at the same time same channel ever week. We didn’t have to go hunting for the air time. And the season premiered in the fall and ran for 20+ weeks then the reruns through the summer.

Who’s picking and scheduling this stuff. Kids? put down the damn iPhone and start paying attention.

Cheryl (not the same as above) July 30, 2013 at 12:13 am

This was an AWESOME show. My husband and I watch it on reruns every day. We’ve DVR’d every episode so that we can watch them whenever we want. We’re both so bummed out that they cancelled it. It’s one of the best comedies ever!

Nick July 21, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I love this show, think it’s hilarious, big fan. I always thought the writers were very determined and dedicated to keep this going as long as it did because it always faced the threat of being kicked off the air. I was thrilled to know this show was going to receive a proper finale, not all-of-a-sudden-we-got-kicked-to-the-curb-in-mid-series type endings.
But I must say, I was shocked and disappointed at just how lazily thrown together this finale was.
First of all, what the hell was with Audrey getting pregnant in the very last scene? We go through season after season, agonizing over whether Jeff and Audrey can finally keep a surrogate, finally be parents…and just when it seems we felt all warm and fuzzy inside because the victory was finally won…it turns out Audrey’s uterus/Jeff’s sperm works properly after all. What the actual HELL?! What a buzz kill.
Russell and Timmy? Are you freaking kidding me? It was made clear in season 5 that Timmy is a citizen and he has been for quite some time. So, if you want Russell and Timmy to be gay, it could’ve been this romantic scene where Russell tells Timmy the reason he sleeps around and can’t commit to women is because he couldn’t admit to himself he was gay, and the truth is he teased and tortured Timmy because he was trying to hide his true feelings, and would Timmy please forgive him for everything and be his partner in both work and love. That would’ve been cool. But there are so many holes in the way the writers threw Timmy and Russell together. Okay, so for one, does that citizenship party episode not exist anymore? Can we just forget all that and pretend it never happened? When Timmy finally gets a green card is he going to divorce Russell? Is Russell going to continue to sleep around? Is Timmy going to continue to date? But wait! What if Timmy and Russell really are in love? I was really confused because on one hand during the last scene Russell suggested he wanted to get a surrogate for him and Timmy, and he also pointed out the baby was born on their anniversary, and him and Timmy got into a little skirmish over who wore the pants in the relationship and Jen pointed how cute their first married fight was. But during the wedding scene everybody talked about it like it was just a cgreen card thing and when Timmy gets his citizenship it’ll all be over and him and Russell will go back to normal. Also is it just me or was Russell being very affectonate with Timmy whilst Timmy just seemed pissed and disgusted with the whole arrangement? I just thought their marriage was pointless and awkward. Russell and Timmy have no chemistry whatsoever. Whoever came up with the idea of making them get married needs a swift kick in the balls.

Anonymous July 4, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I cant believe it ended! Great show! Get rid of the reality stuff. Good comedy is by far the best on TV and this show had it.

Constance June 28, 2013 at 8:46 pm

This, for lack of a better word, suck! It is hard enough to find good AND funny television. An it is happening at the worst time, I was looking forward to seeing “Jeff” being a dad especially to a girl!

Start cancelling some those reality shows and bring back good writing

Constance – Arizona

Arneysa June 25, 2013 at 12:44 am

Please bring the show back. I just start watching the show, and I really laugh my ass off. All of these reality shows suck. This show is hilarious. What happened to all the sitcoms.

Lee June 10, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I wish Rules Of Engagement was here for season 8 I’m going to miss the gang and Patrick Warburton is my favorite and he’ll be missed. The last epsoide made me cry, they should of had Liz,Doreen and. Others on the last epsoide like they do other shows.I don’t know what Patrick Warburton is going to do, I hope he doesn’t leave TV. I hope someone will notice him. He’s good at what hedose. Patrick I wish you the best of luck and I will be looking for any show you doe

Jacqueline ter Weeme June 8, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I can not believed. This was one of the best comedy’s ever

I am really sad and mad

Elena June 8, 2013 at 11:15 am

This show was AMAZING :). IT WAS HILARIOUS! My. Favorite show ever! SAD that there won’t be anymore episodes :(