The Hard Times of RJ Berger: Will There Be a Season Three?

Hard Times of RJ Berger season 3There’s no word on whether or not The Hard Times of RJ Berger will be back for a third season yet but actress Kara Taitz, who plays Lily on the MTV series is hopeful. She recently told Zap2It that the season two finale will have a cliffhanger that will leave the audience wanting more.

She said, “I know that last season we didn’t hear ’til around now, or a little bit after. So I don’t know what it means or doesn’t mean that we haven’t heard yet… but I think we need a third season. I think the story, as you see it go into that cliffhanger mode, needs to continue to be told. Hopefully MTV agrees.”

She teases that the cliffhanger will affect everyone, saying, “There’s a few things that happen that are gonna be really fun and we’re really gonna want this story to continue, I think. It involves every character really, and it’s definitely going to push the show to new places, which could be really exciting for us.”

How cable channels decide on what to renew or cancel is a little harder to predict than the regular networks. Season one of Hard Times averaged 1.04 million and a 0.33 rating in the 18-49 demographic. This season has averaged about the same number of viewers but the demo has risen to a 0.4 rating.

The only downside seems to be that viewership has hit series lows over the past few episodes. That may make MTV execs a little nervous to commit to another season. We’ll have to wait and see.

The final two episodes of the season (possibly of the series) — “Steamy Surprise” and “The Better Man” — will air together on May 30th.

What do you think? Would you like to see a third season of The Hard Times of RJ Berger?

Anonymous March 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm

there should be season 3 because Lily walks in say shes pregnant thts a big cliffhanger and i plan on seeing season 3 of my favorite show

Amariah Buchanan March 17, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I loved the show so much that I spent my entire Sunday watching seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix and I must say that the cliffhanger ending of season 2 definitely left me wanting more RJ Berger episodes. I have got to know what happens to that crazy situation and where all the characters end up after high school. I’m sorry I didn’t watch before but I definitely will now if its brought back.

Brenda March 11, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Season 3 please!!!! It’s a very good show. Really want to come back :) please.

Douglas March 3, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I cut my cable off because of bs shows like jersey shore, I figured what’s the point wasting money when I can watch shows I love on Netflix. Then I saw this show one day and was hooked. If MTV is smart they will continue this show.

mike February 4, 2013 at 9:15 pm

So I just saw this show about a couple weeks ago and watch the full second season in those couple weeks and I am wicked picky about TV shows. I like comedy shows like its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and workaholics that makee you laugh non stop and then serious shows that make you laugh a couple times but show has the most amazing this show is absolutely amazing it is a high school show in it is just the best plot that you could possibly have in now that I saw the whole second season and then I saw the last episode that Lily was pregnant, I don’t even care about that the show needs to go on anyways even without her being pregnant that just adds to itafter I watch that last episode literally 10 minutes ago I couldn’t even tell you how pumped I was to see season 3 so thenI looked online just typed in rj berger season 3 and all I saw was that season 3 was canceled and that was absolutely ridiculous. I couldn’t believe that that was true because there’s no way that you should ever in life make a show and leave a cliffhanger like that and then just not continue it because I’ll say gin that show is completely ridiculous especially for kids in high school I’m not in high school but I’m all down for high school movies but after this season this show got the view were to know every character pretty much in the show and basically when you’re watching it it just keeps making you want to know what happens next.. anyways just wanted to speak my mind on this because I just found this site where you can leave comments so hopefully it is again. Peace

lauren January 5, 2013 at 6:49 am

they even said it was MTV’s biggest hit show in decades, so why cancel it just cuz the viewers got a little low for the season finale? u think amc will cancel breaking bad and walking dead? NO! there grammy nominated shows! Amc is smart enough to know a good show when they see one.when a show gives u good ratings and views in decades, it should be a sign that this show is actually worth keeping. why couldn’t MTV be smart about it?

lauren January 5, 2013 at 6:42 am

please bring this show back, u cant leave a good show undone. its been about 1 or 2 years, but can another company of a show buy it if mtv will not continue it. every rj berger fan is dying for the third season due to second seasons cliff hanger, and its heartbreaking knowing that we will never know what happens. writers nd producers of the show, at least post up the story of how the season three would of went. :( i speak for every r.j berger fan when i say “we wanna know what happens”

Ray January 5, 2013 at 12:19 am

Rj berger is fucking awesome and if it doesnt get back on the air then fuck u MTV

john January 10, 2013 at 8:39 am

I agree with u it was really a great TV show

zach January 4, 2013 at 4:53 pm

how is it when a good show is on it gets cancelled but when you got stupid fucking shows like jersey shore they dont get cancelled i want to watch something good not stupid fucking in New Jersey

charles January 1, 2013 at 12:54 am

they gotta be kiding me they cut of at the climax ! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HAVE WORDS FOR THIS AND I WANT HERE THEY ! SEASON THRREE PEOPLE OF TH E WORLD

stefan December 31, 2012 at 1:28 pm

GIVE US A SEASON 3 PL THIS SHOW IS THE ONLY REASON I WATCHED TV GET IT BACK FOR UR OR SCREW U MTV!

Jew December 20, 2012 at 8:02 pm

There must be a season three. I feel that RJ and Jenny should get back together. They kinda balance each other off as far as personalit py and Amy should find someone else( no offense) lol.

Jeffrey December 10, 2012 at 10:08 pm

The Hard Times Of Rj Berger Is My Favorite Show especially Jenny shes gorgeous.So please Mtv Make a 3rd Season For Me.

zach November 16, 2012 at 4:35 pm

i dont get why when there is a good tv it gets cancelled but then when you got stupid shows like jersey shore they get mutiple seasons

Nick s November 12, 2012 at 11:38 pm

We need this show back even after the last episode it was amazing & i wana see what happens with all of that