Just what the doctor ordered. The Peacock Network has issued its first full-season pickup for a new drama. NBC has expanded its season one order for its New Amsterdam TV show to 22 episodes. The series premiered on September 25, 2018, and episode three just aired last night, but so far, it has made a strong showing in the Nielsen ratings.
An NBC medical drama, New Amsterdam stars Ryan Eggold, Freema Agyeman, Janet Montgomery, Jocko Sims, Anupam Kher, and Tyler Labine. It centers on Doctor Max Goodwin (Eggold), a caring and charming physician whose goal is to fix a broken medical system and to provide exceptional care to the people who need it most. He inspires (almost) everyone around him, and will stop at nothing to breathe new life into the understaffed, under-funded and under-appreciated New Amsterdam Hospital.
New Amsterdam: A Look at the Ratings
The first season of New Amsterdam is averaging a 1.65 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.92 million viewers. Find out how New Amsterdam stacks up against other NBC TV shows.
Learn more from this NBC press release:
- NBC has ordered an additional 9 episodes of its new hit drama series “New Amsterdam,” bringing the full-season order to 22 episodes.
- “New Amsterdam” airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. immediately following “This Is Us.”
- “New Amsterdam” is inspired by Dr. Eric Manheimer’s memoir, “Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital,” and his 15 years as Medical Director at the hospital.
- “New Amsterdam” has averaged a 1.6 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.6 million viewers overall in “live plus same day” ratings from Nielsen Media Research and ranks as the #2 new series behind only NBC’s “Manifest.” “New Amsterdam” has dominated its Tuesday 10-11 p.m. ET hour, defeating the timeslot’s ABC and CBS series competition in every key ratings category. In L+7, the Sept. 25 “New Amsterdam” series premiere grew by +5.7 million viewers to 14.1 million, giving NBC its third-biggest lift ever for a series premiere.
- The cast includes Ryan Eggold, Freema Agyeman, Janet Montgomery, Jocko Sims, Anupam Kher and Tyler Labine.
- David Schulner writes and executive produces. Kate Dennis directs and executive produced the pilot. Peter Horton also executive produces. Dr. Eric Manheimer produces. “New Amsterdam” is produced by Universal Television, Pico Creek Productions and Mount Moriah.
- “It’s thrilling to come out of the gate this season with a series that has resonated so well with audiences. The show hits the sweet spot of the NBC brand – positivity, emotion and incredible storytelling,” said Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta, Co-Presidents, Scripted Programming, NBC Entertainment. “A huge thank you to our fantastic cast, executive producers, Universal Television and everyone who has worked so hard in getting the show off to such a terrific start.”
What do you think? Are you a fan of the New Amsterdam TV series? If you haven’t yet checked it out, does this full season order make you more likely to do so? Let us know, below?
Another great program. They just keep rolling them out and I just love it. helps me to stay calm in an event if something ever happens to my loved ones. Keep it coming.
RENEW RENEW RENEW!!! One of THE BEST medical shows since ER!!!