Those Who Kill: A&E Drama Pulled; Cancelled?

Those Who Kill pulled; cancelled?A&E has dropped Chloe Sevigny’s drama Those Who Kill from their schedule after two episodes.

Those Who Kill revolves around homicide detective Catherine Jensen (Sevigny) and academic forensic psychologist Thomas Schaeffer (James D’Arcy) who work to solve crimes in Pittsburgh. Others in the cast include James Morrison, Omid Abtahi, Kerry O’Malley, Bruce Davison, Kathy Baker, Michael Rispoli, and Anne Dudek.

The new detective series debuted to 1.4 million viewers. That was less than half of its lead-in, Bates Motel, whose second season premiere drew 3.07 million. Then, in week two, just 830,000 tuned in to watch Kill.

Now that Those Who Kill has been pulled, the cable channel will shift Bates Motel to the 10pm timeslot. A rerun will air at 9pm.

Though the ratings for Kill have been very poor, A&E hasn’t cancelled it. Though things certainly don’t look good, they reportedly believe in the show and want to find another timeslot where it can build an audience. That day/time will be determined later. There are eight unaired episodes remaining.

What do you think? Do you like Those Who Kill? Will you watch when it returns or, do you think it should be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

391 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. kathy says

I loved this new series! Then the next week it was gone.????????? Please bring it back and be sure to let it’s audience know what day and time!!

2. Pamela says

I loved ‘Those Who Kill’ and Chloe Sevigny’s acting is outstanding! Was wondering what happened to it. Hope A&E truly do find another time slot. Too much of a gem for A&E to lose.

3. Cherie says

I love this show! I keep looking for it every week, wondering what happened to it. Please don’t cancel it!

4. Peter says

Those who kill is my favorite show. I don’t get LMN on fios so I’ve been watching it on the lifetime network online. I’ve been searching for it for weeks and lucked up and found it. Please bring it back. But you need to advertise the show on other networks. That’s the only way anyone else will find out about it. It’s a great show. The network needs to support it though.

5. Sylvia Acevedo says

Even though there was no listing for the show on our guide , we managed to see it quite by chance. Both my husband and I really enjoyed it & hope to see more. Loved the show.

6. Cathie says

This show is awesome, I can’t believe these dam networks pull shows just after a few weeks. I hope Those Who Kill being on LMN will find the fan base it needs to stay on the air.

7. Johnine Cimbaro says

Love this program & its a shame that nothing in today’s world of television ever gets judged by good acting & great story telling anymore! Its all about greed! Good ratings need time & when a script is well written continuously, the audience increases! That’s the way it used used to be before all the powers that be decided instant gratification was more important than the program i!!! Hollywood stop trying to be hip & show your age which should have brought intelligence!No one was watching Walking Dead in the very beginning & who ever heard of Andrew Lincoln either

8. Sharon D. Reid says

I’d like to see ” Those Who Kill ” return. I was quite upset when I realized it was no longer
    airing. A very surprisingly intense, drama thriller which holds your attention & wanting the episode to never end. Please don’t keep me hanging……. I need more of this series like a scrumptious meal topped off with a fabulously delicious dessert. I mostly watch forensics, dramas, suspense & mysteries. Do this like As Soon As Possible!!!!