Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

Brenda October 4, 2013 at 8:54 pm

This happens all the time . The way they get their ratings are from a device that is hooked on the back of each television in a house hold. The device kicks on at 3:oo am and pulls the information of shows that has been watched that day , the house hold are paid for doing this . How ever , what about the billions of people who don’t have that device who do watch Touched ? Apparently we don’t count and neither does our opinions. Fox did the same with Alcatraz , ( CANCELLED IT ) No device , No say . I am so sick of Fox .

Deb Johnson September 28, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Great show. Mistake to cancel it.

Anonymous September 20, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I would really like to see a season 3 of Touch. It always seems that when there is a good show, it gets cancelled. I hope another network picks it up.

Anonymous September 25, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Don’t hold your breath, FOX is good for this shit, they do not know how to end a series. Known for leaving cliff hanger endings, fallowed bay cancellations.

Butterfly September 14, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I hope that Touch will be “picked up” by one of the networks. It is not the usual “run-of-the-mill” shows. I was looking forward to a Season 3 showing.

Lisa September 8, 2013 at 10:54 am

Another bad mistake. Going to miss it.

Lisa September 5, 2013 at 11:18 pm

We are really going to miss Touch! What a BAD decision on Foxs’ part!

Gary June 26, 2013 at 12:35 pm

This show should have been canceled after season 1. The first time Jack Bauer said, “I need to talk to you because MY SON TOLD ME TO” he should have shot himself in the head. Twice.

I really tried to watch this show but it was junk.

Shortstuff44615 June 20, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I love touch… I hope they bring it back… If they do cancel it I hope they at least have a final episode to have it have a good ending… I hate when my shows get cancelled and it leaves u hanging…. But I really do hope they decide not to cancel touch…

mytz June 10, 2013 at 10:53 am

I am from the Philippines and WE feel bad that touch cancelled. SEASON 3 PLEASE???
We love the show soooooooooooooo much!

jan June 10, 2013 at 9:59 am

many shows have been canceled for the same reason ,But this show had it all, but lets fox keep the crappy shows on tv ,don’t know if I want to watch anymore fox shows, only to get disappointed when a good comes along!!!!!

Dale September 25, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Fox is good for this, Terminator the Sara Conner Cronicals, and Fire Fly come to mind.

Aleen June 4, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I loved Touch and don’t understand the ending of a show I caught on DVR so as not to miss anything. There are far too many crappy, ignorant, low life, mind numbing “reality” wastes of airtime broadcast every week. I tend to record my rapidly dwindling number of favorites so I can view them at my convenience. Could the cancellations be based up the fact that many people record rather than watch their shows as they are broadcast? I hope not or many more really great programs will bite the dust due to inaccurate rating evaluations.

Fran June 6, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I could not have said it better… This is bull…I also DVR this show as not to miss any… This is the fourth show so far that I have seen cancelled. I am going to have a lot of free time next year…. SAD

jan June 10, 2013 at 10:04 am

aleen, I think your on the money about shows being recorded.I record all my shows and watch later, good point.

Maureen May 31, 2013 at 12:41 am

I am really sad that Touch has been cancelled. It was such an interesting show!

claude May 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Wish

That should be the first word forgive my french please.

claude May 30, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Which we could do something, but rating were down because the series didn’t appeal as much as the first season. Personally you made a mistake when you split Martin and Lucy and you had her killed…what possessed you to do that? that show started with connected people together and you switch it to make a thriller to be more attractive. That was the turn around that made you lose all the fans. I may not have the skills to be a writer, nevertheless Fox as made one bad decision after another. Unless it was the writers. I love Tim Kring since Heroes I was hoping for something as good and Touch was as good. I would of liked the dialogue for Kiefer to be more levelled since his son wasn’t talking, and why was Avron so knowledged about all that concerned Jake and the 36? So I’m amongst the fans who will regret more seasons of that show.

Chris May 29, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I can’t believe they actualy cancelled Touch! Its plot and meaning are amazing! I am disappointed that people watch bullshit reality shows and they don’t watch Touch! Fox’s team must be consisted by idiots, because only an idiot would consider to cancel that show! I’m really pissed at Fox! (Sorry for my english but it’s not my native language)