Zero Hour: Pulled; Is the ABC Show Cancelled?

zero hour canceled?It looks like ABC is pulling Zero Hour off their schedule, at least for next week. The fourth episode of the new TV series had been scheduled to air on March 7th but the listing’s been removed from ABC’s press site.

Zero Hour debuted on February 14th to a disappointing 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.38 million total viewers. Week two saw the numbers drop to a 1.1 rating and 5.39 million and last night’s installment fell to a 1.0 rating with 5.05 million.

We’re waiting to hear if ABC is pulling the series for good or just temporarily. Either way, the show won’t be getting a second season.

Hopefully the network will at least let the five million faithful viewers see the unaired episodes at some point.

UPDATE: Reruns of Shark Tank will air on March 7th and 14th and then ABC will fill the timeslot with season seven of Wife Swap. The remaining episodes of Zero Hour may run this summer. I wouldn’t hold your breath.

What do you think? Do you like Zero Hour? Were you hoping that it would stick around?

Canceled and renewed TV show

159 Comments on "Zero Hour: Pulled; Is the ABC Show Cancelled?"

Notify of

Kathy
Kathy
April 25, 2013 2:33 pm

I LOVED this show – lots of intrigue and action. I’ve kept checking the listings because I didn’t want to miss a minute. I didn’t realize it had been cancelled. I hope they air the remaining episodes so that others can catch up and the show will catch on!

judy
judy
April 24, 2013 7:10 pm

i was really getting into this show, what idiot thought it was a good idea to cancel it?

Ruth
Ruth
April 24, 2013 1:28 pm

This was one show that my husband and I both enjoyed watching. I hate to see it get cancelled.

Sarah
Sarah
April 22, 2013 7:29 pm

This is ridiculous! The only type of “entertainment” this world is interested in viewing is reality TV, even though there is nothing “real” about that type of programing. Zero Hour is a drama for intelligent, normal folks who’s brains have not yet turned to cabbage. I wish these TV executives would learn to change their own diapers, grow up, and show us something that articulates itself above a third grade level of understanding.
Shark Tank and Wife Swap…. never watched them or even heard of them but the titles speak for themselves………duh………

BOB HAMPTON
BOB HAMPTON
April 21, 2013 11:29 am

Zero Hour is the kind of show we could use more of. Not so mindless. Please bring it back.

Tina
April 20, 2013 10:17 am

They should at least have a mini-series to tell the whole story.

Dana Cummings
Dana Cummings
April 19, 2013 11:06 pm

I cannot believe that you cancel the show we started to love. Man get a grip and kept the suits out the real world. Give them something to play with. And tell them to leave things alone.

Sara (&mom)
Sara (&mom)
April 18, 2013 7:17 pm

My mom& i watched the 4episodes 2gthr,we LOVED it! Every week we wait to see it again&evry week we r disappointed :(. This was an intresting good,non “reality tv”show,it was nice to watch. PLS dont leave the fans hanging;despite ABCs disappointment in low ratings(?) over 5million people(I think thats a lot of us).let us at least get closure to the season.

Nicole
Nicole
April 15, 2013 11:49 pm

I really liked this show. It was different!
I can’t stand things like shark tank and wife swap, I want shows that are intriguing and make you think but for some reason every time one comes along its quickly axed for more stupid reality type shows.

At least show the episodes already made…. Not something that has already been seen, you already paid for the episodes anyway they shouldn’t go to waste, for those who do like the show really want to see them.

Julie Meier
Julie Meier
April 14, 2013 7:48 am

I liked this show. Zero Hour was different from Vampires, Science Fiction, Fix It Up Shows, Cartoons and last but not least friggin News Shows! Sigh…….

Linda Gerig
Linda Gerig
April 11, 2013 8:16 pm

We liked zero hour.

Michael Stanley
April 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Here we go again ABC (Always Behind the Community/Time) not knowing what the people want ……take a real chance. You though that you were making a safe choice by bringing back a half bake show like “shark Tank” and a idiot show “Wife Swap”….come on give me a break!

Carol
Carol
April 9, 2013 10:45 am

Bring this show back!!! Why air reruns of previous shows when you have episodes that haven’t aired. That doesn’t make any sense at all. This show is the kind of show I really enjoy and can’t wait to see what happens next. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Christa L.
Christa L.
April 8, 2013 9:40 pm

This is the reason I don’t watch Primetime ABC! They’re programming is the worst of the networks! CBS would have never made such an assanine decision. ” Zero Hour” is the first show you’ve put on the air in a very long time that was an absolute “Thrill Ride” ….. along with….oh yeah….another ridiculous move… “Missing” with Ashley Judd. You took that off the air too! Greedy executive decisions. Who cares what the viewer wants!!!!!! So sad~

Susan
Susan
April 8, 2013 8:33 pm

Oh no! I just get around to watching the recording and find out it was pulled? Please play the rest of them!

wpDiscuz