Suburgatory: No Season Four, ABC Sitcom Cancelled

Suburgatory season threeAfter three seasons, ABC is moving on. The network has cancelled Suburagatory.

Suburgatory continues the story of single dad George Altman (Jeremy Sisto) and his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) after they move from the city an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. This season, the rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

The show premiered in September 2011 to a very strong 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.8 million viewers. The numbers dwindled downward over the course of the season but the network renewed it for season two anyway.

Season two started off well but once again, the ratings dwindled downward. This time, ABC gave Suburgatory a limited 13 episode renewal.

In season three, the ratings started pretty low and stayed there. The current season has averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 5.44 million viewers. It’s down 27% in the demo when compared to season two’s average.

The network has now decided to call it quits after 57 episodes. The season (now series) finale of Suburgatory will air next Wednesday, May 14th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that this show has been cancelled? Should it have been renewed for season four? Would you watch it on another channel?

VS3804 October 31, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Come on ABC change your mind! Or let some other station produce it. My teenage daughter and I watch edit regularly and now watch the reruns. There aren’t many things we BOTH can enjoy these days!

LA October 31, 2014 at 7:34 am

I would totally watch it on another channel, it’s such a great show I love it, would watch it all day long if I could

Again? October 28, 2014 at 10:31 pm

What is it with American tv networks cancelling shows all the time?
Kind of makes me want to boycott all tv shows coming out of America – I guess we were lucky to have for 3 seasons – its much more than other equally good shows.

Guess we will get some more NCIS type crime shows – they seem to pull in the ratings and her churned out over and over again – same characters/storylines but its what the “simple” audience want :(

Screw you America!!

Elli Papaloucas October 28, 2014 at 7:42 am

I am so sorry suburgatory has been cancelled. Ofcourse I would watch it in another channel….

Katelyn October 28, 2014 at 2:03 am

Such a great show!!!!!I want to come back I really really enjoyed this show alot!!! Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous October 28, 2014 at 1:55 am

Very Sad !!

samie jane October 27, 2014 at 9:14 am

Can’t believe they would cancel such a wickedly fun show. I don’t get into shows normally but i love this show its funny n fresh. I would defo watch if it was put on another channel
PLEASE DON’T CANCEL PLEASE

Donna Mogan October 23, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I can’t believe that they canceled this show for real, honestly, when there is something on Television that doesn’t have any violence th he networks have to get rid of them WHY !!!!

Tommy Miner October 23, 2014 at 7:45 pm

My wife and i looked forward to this show weekly. Why no season 4. Heres hoping another network will pick it up.

kelly October 22, 2014 at 8:11 am

I LOVED SUBURGATORY REALLY SAD THERES NO SEASON 4

Janice Dalzel October 21, 2014 at 7:42 am

Gutted the show has been cancelled, really love the characters and story lines. I wish some other net work will pick it up.

KM October 20, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Shocked Suburgatory is cancelled! It was so funny – was looking forward to the next season. Who made such an idiotic decision to cancel this show? Would totally watch it if another network picked it up.

jenna October 20, 2014 at 6:48 am

Love suburgatory gutted its cancelled needs a season 4 cant leave it like that

Umer October 19, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Damn , me and my girlfriend love this show, were absolutely sad that it won’t be returning but we hope ABC change their mind and renew it, its really entertaining

Dee Dee winget October 23, 2014 at 1:58 am

I looked forward to this show, why is it that the good shows get taken off… such a gray day!!!!!