Suburgatory: No Season Four, ABC Sitcom Cancelled

Suburgatory season threeAfter three seasons, ABC is moving on. The network has cancelled Suburagatory.

Suburgatory continues the story of single dad George Altman (Jeremy Sisto) and his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) after they move from the city an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. This season, the rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

The show premiered in September 2011 to a very strong 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.8 million viewers. The numbers dwindled downward over the course of the season but the network renewed it for season two anyway.

Season two started off well but once again, the ratings dwindled downward. This time, ABC gave Suburgatory a limited 13 episode renewal.

In season three, the ratings started pretty low and stayed there. The current season has averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 5.44 million viewers. It’s down 27% in the demo when compared to season two’s average.

The network has now decided to call it quits after 57 episodes. The season (now series) finale of Suburgatory will air next Wednesday, May 14th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that this show has been cancelled? Should it have been renewed for season four? Would you watch it on another channel?

C Soule November 21, 2014 at 4:19 am

I’ve been watching this show using HULU internet streaming for a couple of years and since Summer 2014 I’ve been checking for new episodes with no luck….I finally Googled the show and this website is how I learned it was cancelled. That’s just crazy. Of COURSE I would watch the show on a different network but the actors have all probably moved on. Way to go ABC. Focus groups and ratings are not everything

Bethan November 20, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW, Please don’t cancel this show I need it, it’s my favourite show! I watch it everyday at 4:30 pm on E4

MzDrama4Life November 19, 2014 at 7:44 pm

I luv luv loved this show. I don’t understand why such great shows get cancelled (like Suburgatory, Happy Endings and Cougar Town) but garbage continues on for season after season. Iwould love to see this show return, maybe on another network.

Ld November 18, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I need Suburgatory I watch it every time it comes on I love the show I hope they get picked up by another channel I need to know what happens to Tara and Ryan

Anonymous November 18, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I love the show I couldn’t wait to watch the show I hope it get picked up by another channel Suburgatory was awesome show

Samantha November 18, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I loved this show and am really shocked/saddened that it has been cancelled. I hope it gets picked up by another channel. I would definitely watch it.

mmkk November 17, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW WHY DID THEY CANCEL IT

Barbara November 16, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Nooooo, seriously I love this show and have been hoping it will come back on…sooooo sad, somebody please pick it up!!!!!!

Anonymous November 16, 2014 at 12:48 am

Yes please, ease go to another channel!! Love the show.

martasara November 14, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Its so sad i loved it always recorded it on my sky tv …please one more season

Leah November 13, 2014 at 4:42 am

Yes I would watch season 4, they can’t end it there :-(

Tatum November 12, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I would keep watching on another channel. I want suburgatory back.

norah November 11, 2014 at 12:24 pm

brilliant would definitely watch on any channel, will definitely miss the SURBURGATORY crew

Anonymous November 10, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I loved the show! I watched it every week from day 1 and I would definitely keep watching, on any channel.

emily November 8, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I need it back I have been looking forward to watching season 4 after the season finale I need tryan back so bad!!!! I would watch it on any channel just please make season 4 I need more of suburgatory!!!!