Suburgatory: No Season Four, ABC Sitcom Cancelled

Suburgatory season threeAfter three seasons, ABC is moving on. The network has cancelled Suburagatory.

Suburgatory continues the story of single dad George Altman (Jeremy Sisto) and his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) after they move from the city an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. This season, the rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

The show premiered in September 2011 to a very strong 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.8 million viewers. The numbers dwindled downward over the course of the season but the network renewed it for season two anyway.

Season two started off well but once again, the ratings dwindled downward. This time, ABC gave Suburgatory a limited 13 episode renewal.

In season three, the ratings started pretty low and stayed there. The current season has averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 5.44 million viewers. It’s down 27% in the demo when compared to season two’s average.

The network has now decided to call it quits after 57 episodes. The season (now series) finale of Suburgatory will air next Wednesday, May 14th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that this show has been cancelled? Should it have been renewed for season four? Would you watch it on another channel?

Sarah Hudson April 21, 2015 at 6:24 am

I’m from Viet Nam and i love this show VERY MUCH !!!
And you just can’t cut the movie off when you leave us hanging on the drama between Tessa and Ryan love line -_- T^T
Bring it back, please !!!!! i’m speaking for all the VietNamese fans :<

Sarah Francis April 21, 2015 at 5:29 am

They are crazy to cancel this!! This series left me in tears, laughter and smiles. It was wound up with emotion and excitement. Please reconsider :'( So many good series are being cancelled this year….

Peggy April 20, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Seriously..Cancelled. I hate with all that I am reality tv..survivor, dancing, voice..!!!!!!! Very few shows do I really enjoy and you have cancelled one of my favorites. REALLY! Please bring it back!

yvette April 19, 2015 at 7:00 am

so sick of this reality tv **** – x factor, next top model, etc etc etc etc – why take away good written funny comedy – there are still real people out there who love watching shows like suburgatory – bring it back

merissa olivarez April 19, 2015 at 4:25 am

Bring it back its my favorite show i need season 4 you cant just cancel it with that ending on season 3 what happens with Ryan and Tessa… #bringitback

Melissa April 12, 2015 at 5:01 am

It’s my first time ever that I like a series that much but then you cancel it it’s not fair there are still many people who are willing to watch it. You can’t just cancel it because some people stopped watching it how about the people that want to watch it

Pea Neil April 10, 2015 at 10:22 am

Why do programmers cancel perfectly good sitcoms in favor of ‘reality TV’? If I wanted to watch reality I’d switch the TV off! Subugatory was a brilliantly written show full of comedy to be sure but also wit and thought and drama. Tessa was a character to really root on as a non-conforming teenager surrounded by lemmings wanting to fall off the Generation Y cliff. Should she conform to fit in or pave her own path to be herself? Who knows…they cancelled the show!!! Her single parent dad George was a great character too. Think about it…he moves his teenage daughter away from a place they both love (NYC) to a place that’s safer for her. How many men would do that? ABC pull your a** out and put it back on the schedule.

madeleine April 10, 2015 at 6:06 am

Please bring it back!! I really love suburgatoryy…. In love with the connection between Ryan and Tessa…

Sarah April 9, 2015 at 2:53 am

Okay, I am sorry ABC, I love you. You have entertained me all through my child hood, providing me with endless amounts of laughter and a perfect distraction from my studies. However, taking away Suburgatory. What were you people thinking?! It is amazing, Hilariously relocatable series. Yes, I feel overly passionate about this series but that is because life is brutal and when I’m not out working or studying I like to come home and be a lazy arse just like everybody else in the world. I quite enjoy wasting days curled up in bed with a good series and to take away this series has taken away apart of me! Like Tessa I live with my Dad, who holds the title of a single parent, my Mum and I are friends but don’t live together, I have an ex called Ryan… etc I feel like Tessa is apart of me, someone that I can relate to. Okay, its clear that I need to get out more… PLEASE bring back Suburgatory so that I don’t have to.

Kathy April 1, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Seriously??? It was one of my favorites as well as Neighbors. I give up. I’m not going to get involved in any more series. It’s not enough that the seasons are so short and you have to wait forever for the next season. This is the last straw!! I’m done

Diane Smith March 28, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Please bring it back, im begging you! its just so good!!! :(

Mindy March 25, 2015 at 12:03 am

Please bring it back! It was the only network show I would watch! I don’t care what channel it is on. I connected with the cast! Just once can a show that I love stay on the air? Please!

teamsquare March 24, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Please!!! Bring it back! It was so fun! Maybe in some places there was boring, because of Dallas and George’s love story, the supposed to be togethe, with Dalia and Tessa! And not like this. Y’all should believe us, it could be a big big BANG if the show will moving on again! PLEASE!!! Love Suburgatory from Hungary :)!!!

Luca smith March 24, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Please, please, please bring it back, it doesn’t matter what channel or time it’s on, I need to know.what happens!