The Killing: Does the AMC Series Deserve a Fourth Season?

The Killing season 3: cancel or renew?The Killing will be wrapping up its third season in the next few weeks. Should the crime drama come back for a fourth season or should it be cancelled (again)?

Last year, after The Killing’s ratings fell in season two, AMC cancelled the show. Thanks to a special deal between Fox TV, AMC, and Netflix, the drama was revived and brought back for a third season.

Though many people were glad to hear that The Killing was coming back, the ratings have been virtually the same as they were in season two (which ultimately resulted in the series being cancelled).

The show hasn’t been renewed yet and, based on the revival deal, it seems like things could go either way.

But, what do you think? Is The Killing still worth watching? Should it be renewed for a fourth season or is it time to cancel it and make way for something new?

Cheryl August 5, 2013 at 8:50 am

Please bring this show back again. It’s edgy, well acted with great writing. I love it!!

Deb August 5, 2013 at 7:44 am

Please bring it back The Killing is one of the best shows on TV. The acting, writing and director is excellent. The story line has kept us on the edge of our seats starting with the first season and has continue to do so with each season since.

Tammy August 5, 2013 at 4:32 am

Renew renew renew. Absolutely RENEW.

Rose Marie August 5, 2013 at 1:50 am

Excellent show w/ amazing performances!
Please keeo it going

jb. August 5, 2013 at 1:39 am

It’s a darkly brilliant crime drama Adults Just don’t have theoppotunity to watch well written television Please give it another year

Cathy August 4, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Great show with great writing!!!!!!!!!

Edjordj August 4, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Why would they cancel one of the best written, acted and directed show s on tv??

ken August 4, 2013 at 11:09 pm

yes!!!!!you haveto bring it back!!!who wouldnt want to watch this? i have my wife hooked and she only seen season 3!!!!

paula picasso August 4, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Yes, bring it back. Whether it’s the best procedural cop show or not on TV now or ever, it is a scripted drama. I’m SICK TO DEATH of reality shows. So, yeah, please renew this show!!!

tracyintexas August 4, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I think The Killing is one of the best shows on TV and definitely am hoping for at least another season. The writing, production and acting are top rate. Maybe if AMC moved it to another night they’d get better ratings?…the quality is there.

Kathleen August 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm

This is an AWESOME series – maybe the best on TV. I pray that it goes another season !!!

Lisa August 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Abolutely they should bring the show back to TV. This series is awesome and has never disappointed.

Dustin August 2, 2013 at 11:02 am

This season should have been 10 epsiodes max, maybe only 8. The writing on this show is lacking, and might be the worst of all AMC programs. This program just doesn’t stand up against competition as the ratings suggest.

I have watched the series since day 1, but I honestly feel that either way this Sunday’s 2-hour finale will be my last even if they pick it up. The only reason to watch is the acting portrayed in Linden and Holder. Other wise, this has become as mindless as American Idol.

lizzyloo August 2, 2013 at 9:12 am

I love this show for its amazing twist and turn storyline and brilliant acting. I also love that its not based on fashion and “who looks hot wearing what” like many other detective series. Please keep this one going!

Chris August 2, 2013 at 12:25 am

I agree, this show should be renewed. I was po’d when they cancelled Rubicon (and brought on Walking Dead). Enough said about half a brain I guess. But I digress. The Killing is a really well done show, and I would be upset if it doesn’t get another season.

Also, the Sunday night timeslot is getting rather full, with Dexter, Ray Donovan, and others on at the same time, possibly diluting viewing.