Two and a Half Men: Eight Episodes Cancelled, Season Eight Cut Short

Charlie Sheen and Chuck LorreCharlie Sheen and the rest of the cast and crew of Two and a Half Men were scheduled to go back to work on Monday — but not anymore.

Warner Bros., who produces the series, shut down production in January in an attempt to get Sheen into rehab. Sheen agreed to treatment but was apparently none too pleased about it and has made numerous strange and angry statements to the press.

Sheen’s latest tirade came yesterday in a radio interview on the Alex Jones Show. Sheen spoke out against Alcoholics Anonymous and referred to it as a “bootleg cult” with a 5% success rate, compared to his own 100% success rate.

Sheen also went on a tirade against series creator Chuck Lorre that borders on anti-Semitic. He said, “I’m tired of being told ‘You can’t talk about that, you can’t talk about that.’ Bull S-*-*-T. There’s something this side of deplorable that a certain Chaim Levine — yeah, that’s Chuck’s real name — mistook this rock star for his own selfish exit strategy, bro. Check it, Alex. I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his unevolved mind cannot process. Last I checked, Chaim, I spent close to the last decade effortlessly and magically converting your tin cans into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write. Clearly someone who believes he’s above the law.”

In light of that, it was decided that production be suspended for the remainder of the season. In a joint statement, CBS and Warner Bros. issued the following statement, “Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season.”

That didn’t set well with Sheen and the actor released a letter of his own to TMZ (which is also owned by Warner Bros., coincidentally)…

What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows… I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can’t handle my power and can’t handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words — imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

Remember these are my people … not yours…we will continue on together…

Charlie Sheen

For the record, Lorre’s given name is Charles Michael Levine.

Because of the initial hiatus, Warner Bros. had planned to cut the top-rated sitcom’s season from 24 to 20 episodes. Now that production has been shut down for the season, there will only be 16 installments. The last original episode of the season aired on Valentine’s Day, February 14th. There certainly doesn’t seem to be any love lost between Sheen and Lorre and the studio now.

What do you think of this situation? Is Sheen justified for being upset or is the studio and network doing the right thing? Will they make up eventually?

Tom February 28, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I liked the letter he sent to the magazine. Proves he is not a very bright chap…

rob February 28, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I think cancelling the show is a joke. Charlie did what the asked of him. Now seems like they just want to keep kicking him down. I have seen many actors fall into alchol and drugs then get rehab appologize to the public and their career keeps going. The writer needs to keep his mouth shut and write the show or step down and let someone else write it. Warner bros needs to start listening to the public or face their fall. and for the fans that now say it has run its course you don’t need to try and make the show end. Let the rest of the millions of fans enjoy the show. And charlie if you read this you can contact me at rdowns2k11@gmail.com

linda Anderson February 28, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I just love watching that show. I have also been a big fan of Charlie sheen and his father.But there is so many people in usa out of jobs , losing their homes,just flat broke on their …and this man wants a raise form over 1 billion dollars an episode to 3 million an episode? After all the patience they have shown him already? and the fact that he is putting a lot of other people out of work ?i say if he can trow away 1 billion dollars an episode then he has enough money. I say get rid of him. His co-workers are as funny as he is.He is not the only one that makes the show.put some one else in there a a cousin or whatever and kkep the show on the air.
Also I have always had respect for his father aas a parent but i just lost a lot of that respect when he compared Charleys addictions to cancer. some people have cancer 1 time around.They don’t get another Chance at life . How many chances has this guy had?people with cancer are losing their hair.. he still has his, have feeding tubes.. he can eat very well.they are leaning over their beds puking, they lose all their dignity.that he iether has lost or never has had.
To Charley and the rest of the sheen family:
See the ads of all the children with cancer ?They need help!!!! I am a 62 yr old cancer patient and I ask you: since you have so much money you can just throw it away .. why don’t you give it these children?

linda Anderson February 28, 2011 at 1:13 pm

sorry , meant from over 1 billion to 3 billion. I am just mad!!!!

Tammi February 28, 2011 at 9:58 am

I was sad to hear all of this is going on. My husband and I have so enjoyed watching this show. It is one of the few that we really enjoy. I think Charlie is an amazing actor & I had no idea of all the personal issues going on in his life. Chuck is an amazing writer as well. So, just from a professional standpoint, I hope that both individuals can get past the issues and continue to produce this amazing show for the many fans. All one can do is pray that each individual can be man enough to admit their own faults, forgive others faults, and move on with life. Here’s hoping!

Madeline February 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Charlie Sheen is very funny in the show. Unfortunately, since he does not live in the real world like most of us, he did not seem to know you can’t rant at your bosses and expect to have a job (since it is not the real world he does still have a job NEXT season). The real bummer here is that he has cost a lot of people their employment for the rest of the season. While it is no big deal to him, it could be a very big deal to all the support people behind the scenes that make sure everything and everyone is ready for taping.

Steve February 27, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Just move Alan in with Herb and Judith or leave him living with the girlfriend and see if the show can survive. Jon Cryer and Ryan Stiles should be plenty funny! Let Charlie do some more coke and see if he can come off as any more insane than he already has. I, for on , think Chuck Lorre is a LOT funnier than Charlie Sheen. Just look at his track record.

Hugh February 27, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I like the show and could care less how Sheen acts outside work. I think Chuck Lorre is a power hungry pr ck and needs to let it in one ear and out the other for the money Sheen is making him. Bring the show back this year with Sheen. There is no one who can replace him.

Kevin February 26, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I’m one of those people who just do not get Charlie Sheen or “2 1/2 men”. Much ado about nothing for both, in my opinion. As far as sitcoms go, 8 years is long enough for most, and I think “2 1/2 men” is more than ready for rerun heaven.

pam February 26, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Wow! chill out dude!! I see Sheens point, but he just made himself sound like a lunatic, there are much better ways to say what needs to be said, without sounding like he’s off his rocker!!

Kevin February 26, 2011 at 7:08 pm

CBS didn’t cancel the show..they simple canceled the remain episode for the season. That means no new episodes this season..It’s not cancel for good. At least not for the moment. Once Warner and CBS start to lose the ad dollars for there most popular show they kiss and make up.
What they need to do is finish the season with Jon and Angus (Allen and Jake) and make Charlie go on vacation to Vegas…and try to work this out before the next season starts.. They will through more money his way and he’ll come back to do seasons 9&10 then they will end the show.

Adam Decker February 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I’m confused. Is the show cancelled for good or just until the next season starts?

The show never really interested me. It had some good times, but I never really liked it.

admin February 27, 2011 at 5:34 am

@Adam Decker: For now, they’ve just cancelled the rest of the season. We’ll have to wait to see if it comes back in the fall.

Tom February 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Everyone should just calm down. If he feels like being a child and throwing a tantrum, let him throw his “fire breathing fists” around untill he tires himself out. Im not saying that the show wasent good, im a fan of it, but we can all just go watch another TV show, there are lots of them.

Susan February 26, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Charlie Sheen should be grateful the network and creator stood by him as he came unwound… Sounds like he’s replaced alcohol and drugs with anger and is still coming unwound… Think Charlie might need a little more therapy and for God’s sake, keep him off the talk shows because he sounds like a complete moron who is still abusing something! I have been a huge fan of the show and feel sorry for the actors whose lives have been affected by Charlie’s ignorance and arrogance! C’est la vie Charlie Sheen….

Joanna February 26, 2011 at 10:15 am

I am a huge fan of two and a half men, watch daily, tivo so I don’t miss anything… I’m so sad to hear it was canceled. can’t say I’m surprised after hearing Charlie’s ranting on and on…. on that radio show… it’s unbelievalbe to me what a narcissist this guy is! He thinks the world revolves around him, his words, his actions oh… and, of course Obama needs to get back to Charlie’s letter and q’s… ’cause I’m sure Obama is not busy with other critical matters… like the budget, unemployment… just to name a few!!!! unfortunately, I think people like Charlie have to hit rock bottom to realize what idiots they were and what opportunities they lost… I sincerely hope that doesn’t happen to him. I’d also recommend for him to lose the friends or, “followers” i should say… that kiss his ass and tell him everything he wants to hear… good test to identify who your real friends are is to stop paying for things and see how they react… you learn REALLY fast who is there for you and who isn’t. Get your shit together Charlie and, get some help!!!

Dave February 26, 2011 at 9:43 am

I have watched the show from the beginning and have grown tired of it this season. The magic is gone for me. It had a great run and honestly, I no longer could care less if it returns as I just deleted it off my series recording list after the last episode.