Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Linda May 11, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I just heard Vegas was cancelled. I couldn’t believe it! The show has been awesome!
What is wrong with the television honchos. They don’t even give shows a real chance.

Al May 11, 2013 at 8:47 pm

You never gave it a chance it was bumped off he air continuously in it’s Tuesday time slot I waited and waited for it’s return. Then it moves to Friday CBS where was your head? If your not going to give good shows a chance don’t air them in the first place. It was action packed and a Great series I will miss it!

Melody Jones May 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Makes a lot of sense to cancel the top rated show in the Friday night 9 pm eastern time slot, per TV series finale May 11, 2013. CBS you’re everything we’ve come to expect in network TV. Idiots choosing idiotic programing. Thank the airwaves for satellite TV channels.

Kathryn C May 11, 2013 at 8:11 pm

As usual, the “powers that be” overlooked good television. I very much enjoyed Vegas and looked forward to see what would happen next. Especially enjoyed the great cast. You had two winners like Dennis and Michael and let them go. Of course CBS’ idiotic decision to move to Friday was another real “winner”. Obviously having a high IQ is not a prerequisite for heading CBS’ programming. Hope some independent, more intelligent, network will have the good sense to pick up this program and run with it. Maybe CBS should take some lessons from TNT, USA and other independents that seem to be willing to give a show a chance to gain an audience and end up with long-running series.

Kathleen Quinn May 11, 2013 at 8:10 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!! VEGAS is one of the best shows I have watched in a long time. I, too, am one of those boomers sick of the made for younger viewers shows. Thank god NCIS and BLUE BLOODS haven’t been cancelled!

Lou May 11, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Bring it back! Great show. . .

Bob May 11, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Best new show on TV CBS really blew it on this one maybe a cable network will see the quality in the show and pick it up don’t need to watch the networks anymore anyway

debs May 11, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I believe that CBS is making a big mistake. A lot of people watched ‘vegas’; when we changed cable company we made sure that we had CBS but only because of ‘vegas’. I think the storylines are great they always kept me anxious for the next week’s showing.

Ah well..if it is cancelled then I guess my household would no longer require CBS in our cable line-up.

Kitty May 11, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Can’t believe Vegas got canned! Thought it was terrible to move it to Friday nights but DVR’d it when out of town, etc. It was the best new show of the season – loved the chemistry of all the characters & the vintage (looking) history. As longtime residents of Las Vegas, we looked forward to it every week, and would laugh about the hotel set-up proximities (which were not accurate, but kept us laughing & watching). It’s so sad to be stuck with just reality garbage on TV – shame on you CBS! Your only other good shows are Hawaii 5-0 (which I’ve stopped watching since it conflicts w Castle & Revolution) & Craig Ferguson. Gonna cancel those next???? Thank God for DVRs and DirecTv

Sean May 11, 2013 at 7:14 pm

So sorry that Vegas was cancelled. I really enjoyed the show. Low ratings is the reason they gave – really???? Well, CBS geniuses, you moved the show fro a great slot on Tuesdays to Friday night. And why? For some crappy show called “Golden Boy”….which…you also cancelled. OF COURSE the ratings would be lower on a Friday night. I am one of the people who DVR’d the show after that ridiculous move. I bet I’m not alone. Put the show back on Tuesday’s lineup and I’ll “bet” (pun intended…) that the ratings will go back to where they were before the time change.

I guess it’s more reality show garbage….shows that glorify idiots and as a result, these morons become the only role-models our kids have.

Dan May 11, 2013 at 7:09 pm

We where tired of the same old CBS stuff they put out, Vegas was refreshing, makes me mad, but business is business.

Junie May 11, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Maybe TNT picks it up, along with Nashville and Dallas, they would own the ratings.

Barb May 11, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Why is that every time a good show comes the stupid BIG Heads of the network cancel it. My husband recorded it if miss it. We both loved this show.

Dee Edson May 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Shame on you CBS! I hope some of the other stations see these comments and pick this show up! My husband and I lov e Vegas! Its a super show.. exciting and its shows a very interesting by goneera without being c azy or going over the top!!! Please bring it back! CBS has long been our favorite station but that is beginning to change!

sally May 11, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I totally enjoyed this season of Vegas, bring it back next season!!!!