Army Wives

Army WivesNetwork: Lifetime
Episodes: 117 (hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: June 3, 2007 – June 9, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Brian McNamara, Kim Delaney, Sterling K. Brown, Catherine Bell, John White Jr., Sally Pressman, Wendy Davis, Brigid Brannagh, Drew Fuller, Katelyn Pippy, Luke Bartelme, and Patricia French.

current TV show

TV show description:
This series is set at the Army Post of Fort Marshall, in Charleston, South Carolina. The lives and dramas of Roxy LeBlanc (Sally Pressman), Claudia Joy Holden (Kim Delaney), Denise Sherwood (Catherine Bell), Roland Burton (Sterling K. Brown) and Pamela Moran (Brigid Brannagh) all intertwine as they deal with being a spouse of a member serving in the Army.

Claudia is the wife to Col. Michael Holden (Brian McNamara) and has just arrived at Fort Marshall, a place where soldiers are either about to be shipped off to Iraq or are returning home from there.

She meets and befriends Denise, who has grown up on military bases her entire life. Denise was swept away by Major Frank Sherwood (Terry Serpico), but their recent relationship has become anything but easy.

In contrast, ex-cocktail waitress Roxy’s relationship to PFC Trevor LeBlanc (Drew Fuller) has come both easily and quickly as the two marry after knowing each other for only five days.

“Army husband” Roland is struggling both as a husband and a psychiatrist in trying to help his wife, Joan (Wendy Davis), cope with post-traumatic stress disorder after her tour of duty in Afghanistan.

And as any military family knows, sacrifice is often required, like in the home of former Boston police officer Pamela Moran (Brigid Branagh). She’s becoming a surrogate mother to enable both her and Delta Force husband Chase Moran (Jeremy Davidson) to claim extra benefits.

Based on the memoir Under the Sabres: The Unwritten Code of Army Wives by Tanya Biank, this drama details the battles occurring on the home front. For these women and men, being all you can be, sometimes costs everything.

Series Finale

Episode #117 — All or Nothing
When Tim goes missing after hurting her while having a nightmare, Holly reaches out to the tribe and Tim’s platoon for help. They search for him while trying to keep is absense quiet. Hector tells Tim that he will always be there for him and Tim agrees to get help for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Denise catches Michael in a compromising position with Kat. Latasha and Quincy receive news about his military career. Roland and Joan prepare to leave Fort Marshall, and a retirement ceremony is held for Joan. Gloria continues to be pulled between Hector and Patrick but then comes to a decision.
First aired: June 9, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Army Wives TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for an eighth season?

Mary September 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Please don’t cancel Army Wives! I rarely watch TV anymore and if this cancels, I guess we don’t have a reason to keep paying cable bills. I can get my news etc on the internet but I have been tuning into Army Wives since it came on. I am an army vet, my husband an air force vet and our son is on his third war zone tour away from his family. We all have enjoyed this show and how it shows the fun, sacrifices, camaraderie and struggles we all have had while in the military.

Mona Stewart September 9, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Please don’t cancel Army Wives! It’s the best show on TV anymore. Please keep it going.

bridgette guest September 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I love this show. I hate watching all reality series. This is a show people can relate to and get wrapped up in, so of course they will probably cancel it. It seems it has to be filled with sex, cursing, and everything else to stay on the air. If its number one I think duh there is your answer.

Liz Mccully September 8, 2012 at 11:09 pm

This is my favorite show and I have watched it from the beginning. There are not enough good shows on tv so please don’t cancel this show

Lyzzie September 7, 2012 at 7:20 am

The show is NOT canceled people! This is just the season finale. Both Brian McNamara & Catherine Bell have announced on their twitter/Facebook that at least 10 episodes were ordered for a season 7 in 2013. Plus the top of this page states: “Series Status: has not been cancelled”

Ann September 9, 2012 at 8:19 am

I hope you are correct, but what was perplexing to me was the word finale for tonight’s show rather than season finale. Plus there are some major characters exiting stage left….

Marie Cairns September 5, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I can’t believe that this is going to end. I have been watching Army Wives since the show started, and yes this is the best series there is. It is not trashy and a good family show and many people can relate to this show. Maybe since lifetime is giving up Army Wives maybe we all should band Lifetime and see how all the ratings go then. I will stop watching Lifetime September 10 threw September 17 let’s see how many we can get to join me. Let’s see how this will effect them.

Cassie September 9, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I agree i will not watch lifetime at all if they discontinue army wives!

Janice September 5, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Please do not cancel my favorite show! I am a soldier, married to a soldier and I love what this show represents. I also like how it displays some of the things as army wives and families as a whole endure. Please do not cancel. When I was recovering at Walter Reed back in 2009 I use to look forward to seeing this show. I have been recording it every since. I even begged my husband to buy me the dvd sets so I ca have all the seasons.

Kristy September 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Netflix has them all available except season 6 streamed

Cindy September 4, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I too look forward to Army Wives on Sunday night. It is a great program and I have watched it from the beginning! Please don’t cancel this show. There are not nearley enough shows of this type on TV now days.

Jenn Zamora September 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm

What the heck is the matter with you all except outright greed. You admit that Army Wives is one of your top shows so instead of renewing them and giving them a raise, you extend the season making it impossible for these hard working men and women to get a gig somewhere else! Again I ask you what is the matter with you?

Tanya September 2, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel this show is love the army
wives

Tanya September 2, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel it!!!!!!!

Ali September 2, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I cannot believe the Lifetime network would give up such a great show. With soooooo many reality shows out there, it was wonderful to have this series to look forward to. Sometime ago I stopped watching serial programs for this reason – you get into the episodes and next thing it is dropped. For this reason, I will probably not bother to watch anything new this season. Unless there is violence, killing, drugs, etc. it appears the networks believe that is all the human race wants to watch for entertainment.
We have several friends who have removed the TVs from their homes. With what little there is on all the hundreds of channels available, I too am giving some serious thought to getting rid of the TVs. Then I can pocket the money I pay the cable company, and spend it on something enjoyable. The actors all deserve more money along with more episodes. – Hopefully another network will pick up the program. Sad to see it go. :(

Cathy Belt August 31, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Please do not stop airing Army Wives . I look foward to watching it. It is my favorite show . Thank you Cathy

Lindsey August 30, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I love love this show. It’s nice to have a great series that is will be so sad if it is canceled. not reality tv.

p hopfinger August 30, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I love this show the only tv show I look forward to every week I watch it at least twice every week please keep it going best show ever

Cheryl August 29, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Please don’t cancel Army Wives! I look so forward after Sunday dinner to sit down and watch this program. I love this show! This is the best show on as it isn’t trashy as the “realty” shows are and my granddaughter can watch it as well. She loves it too! I was an “Army” brat and can relate to everything, moving, on deployment and making new friends! THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!