Ben and Kate: Cancelled Series Returning to FOX (sort of)

ben and kate canceled seriesFOX is bringing back Ben and Kate according to The Futon Critic. The network is slotting the cancelled comedy into Saturday nights at midnight, starting April 27th. The sitcom will air for five weeks in late night.

Unfortunately, they plan to show reruns of Ben and Kate, not the three original episodes that haven’t aired yet. There’s still no word on what will become of “Gone Fishin’,” “Father-Daughter Dance” and “Ethics 101.”

After the Ben and Kate run, FOX plans to air reruns of The Goodwin Games (which premieres in primetime on May 20th).

The network’s “Animation Domination High-Def” programming will start running beginning July 27th. That will be comprised of new animated series like High School USA!, Axe Cop, and an untitled Lucas Brothers Project.

What do you think? Are you still hoping that FOX will air the leftover episodes of Ben and Kate?

Canceled and renewed TV show

12 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. liz says

I, my 19 and 21 year old, and all of their friends love this show. Unfortunately, none of them had seen it until we introduced it to them. Please bring it back and promote it better this time.

2. J.hatt says

I think Lorne Michaels should pick up this to replace Up All Night on NBC and transform it into a multiple camera sitcom!

3. 4suns says

I am not a fan of tv mostly because all of the shows are ridiculously dumb and way too dramatic, which is why WE NEED BEN AND KATE!

I love love love love this show! The cast is GREAT!! The show is HILARIOUS! Overall the creator, producer, did a fantastic job with this show.

I pretty much have the episodes memorized because thats how much I love it and miss it….bring it back so that I can enjoy whats on tv for once.

Thanks.

4. Zigsta says

Be nice if they would just renew the dang show! By the way Jennette McCurdy plays in the “Gone Fishin’” episode so it is kind of surprising they didn’t air that episode since she is very popular with the kids.

5. JAMES FRAHM says

PLEASE BRING IT BACK AND GIVE IT A GOOD TIME SLOT IT WILL BECOME GREAT NO ONE WATCHED SEINFELD THE FIRST SEASON EITHER !

6. T. Hay says

Dear FOX Broadcasting,
    I have never done this before but, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL BEN & KATE!!!
    This is my 20 year old son’s and mine (49 yr old professional) FAVORITE sitcom!!!
    The cast and charachters are absolutely adorable! Yes, it can get a little silly, but that’s what gives it charm.

7. SNAPPS says

Wow, that’s great news to hear Ben and Kate will be back which was one of the wife’s favorite shows. There’re lots of great shows on primetime the hard thing’s deciding what shows have more priority.