Ben and Kate: Cancelled Series Returning to FOX (sort of)

ben and kate canceled seriesFOX is bringing back Ben and Kate according to The Futon Critic. The network is slotting the cancelled comedy into Saturday nights at midnight, starting April 27th. The sitcom will air for five weeks in late night.

Unfortunately, they plan to show reruns of Ben and Kate, not the three original episodes that haven’t aired yet. There’s still no word on what will become of “Gone Fishin’,” “Father-Daughter Dance” and “Ethics 101.”

After the Ben and Kate run, FOX plans to air reruns of The Goodwin Games (which premieres in primetime on May 20th).

The network’s “Animation Domination High-Def” programming will start running beginning July 27th. That will be comprised of new animated series like High School USA!, Axe Cop, and an untitled Lucas Brothers Project.

What do you think? Are you still hoping that FOX will air the leftover episodes of Ben and Kate?

Peter Hirschburg October 6, 2014 at 4:55 am

The suits at Fox are idiots.

liz May 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

I, my 19 and 21 year old, and all of their friends love this show. Unfortunately, none of them had seen it until we introduced it to them. Please bring it back and promote it better this time.

Anonymous May 11, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Please don’t cancel it! I love it too!

zhenqian May 4, 2013 at 12:54 am

I love this show.

Teresa Kropfeld April 28, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Boo….FOX! PLEASE bring it back!

Yogi April 1, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I miss miss miss this show! It was my prize at the end of long days being a single mom!

J.hatt March 15, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I think Lorne Michaels should pick up this to replace Up All Night on NBC and transform it into a multiple camera sitcom!

4suns March 14, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I am not a fan of tv mostly because all of the shows are ridiculously dumb and way too dramatic, which is why WE NEED BEN AND KATE!

I love love love love this show! The cast is GREAT!! The show is HILARIOUS! Overall the creator, producer, did a fantastic job with this show.

I pretty much have the episodes memorized because thats how much I love it and miss it….bring it back so that I can enjoy whats on tv for once.

Thanks.

Zigsta March 12, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Be nice if they would just renew the dang show! By the way Jennette McCurdy plays in the “Gone Fishin’” episode so it is kind of surprising they didn’t air that episode since she is very popular with the kids.

JAMES FRAHM March 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm

PLEASE BRING IT BACK AND GIVE IT A GOOD TIME SLOT IT WILL BECOME GREAT NO ONE WATCHED SEINFELD THE FIRST SEASON EITHER !

T. Hay March 7, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Dear FOX Broadcasting,
I have never done this before but, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL BEN & KATE!!!
This is my 20 year old son’s and mine (49 yr old professional) FAVORITE sitcom!!!
The cast and charachters are absolutely adorable! Yes, it can get a little silly, but that’s what gives it charm.

SNAPPS March 6, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Wow, that’s great news to hear Ben and Kate will be back which was one of the wife’s favorite shows. There’re lots of great shows on primetime the hard thing’s deciding what shows have more priority.