Quantum Leap: A Beckett Family Reunion Coming to Men of a Certain Age

Men of a Certain AgeAn upcoming episode of Men of a Certain Age will reunite Scott Bakula with his Quantum Leap brother, David Newsom.

TV Guide reports that Newsom will once again play Bakula’s on-screen sibling. He’ll be playing Mark, the younger brother of Terry who’s happily married with two children and his own business. Terry, who’s working with Owen (Andre Braugher) as a car salesman, hasn’t seen Mark in some time and tries to reconnect with him.

Quantum Leap fans may remember that Newsom played Lt. Tom Beckett, the older brother of Bakula’s time-traveling Dr. Sam Beckett. In a very memorable episode, Sam lept into a fellow soldier in Tom’s Navy unit in Vietnam. Tom had originally died but Sam was able to change history to save his brother’s life.

The second season of Men of a Certain Age debuts on Monday, November 29th on TNT.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to seeing Men of a Certain Age again?

Cyndi March 31, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I love this show, I hope they do another season

John January 10, 2011 at 4:15 am

Jan 10, 2011 – season 2, episode 6 is the “series finale” according to TNT… http://www.tnt.tv/series/menofacertainage/

I thought season 2 was supposed to be 12 episodes — has it been canceled mid-season?

admin January 10, 2011 at 5:34 am

@John: It’s “season” finale not “series” finale. They’re splitting it into two mini-seasons. Should return Summer 2011.

Irene October 17, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Finally a show that I can look forward to. I love the stories and the characters who are playing the leads. Can’t wait until it plays again!

matt October 6, 2010 at 12:18 pm

this show is really good! im exited to get back into it. the cast is great and the writing is very well done. ray had done a fantastic job with this series. it has plenty of real life drama in it and also some great humor. i love it!

Graciela October 3, 2010 at 6:53 pm

My husband and I are thrilled that “Man of Certain Age” is coming back. The cast is great and writers superb. Hopefully it will be for many seasons!

Michael September 18, 2010 at 8:32 am

i love this show alot… i can’t wait for it to come back after what felt like such a long hiatus

Marie September 17, 2010 at 11:12 am

Dang now I want to watch some Quantum Leap. Can’t wait for “Men’s” return. Really enjoy the show and the chemistry of the leads.

Jeremy Rynek September 16, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Yes the show was good and enteraining. I was a little surprised how good it was honestly. Hopefully it builds a good fan base.