Red Widow: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Red Widow to be canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the season finale of Red Widow since ABC ordered just eight episodes of the series. Is this the end? Will the drama be back for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those unfamiliar with the show, Red Widow revolves around a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her husband’s work in organized crime after his death. The large cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing a second season renewal for Red Widow. The show’s ratings were poor at the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating with 7.13 million viewers — and have gotten a lot worse as the weeks have worn on.

Last week’s numbers fell to a new low — a 0.7 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 3.47 million total viewers. Red Widow is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network, ensuring that ABC won’t be bringing it back next season.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew the drama or are they justified in cancelling it? Are you satisfied with the last episode? How would you wrap up the storylines?

Abbey June 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Why does it seem like Everytime I find a good show that gets me hooked, it gets canceled after the first season?! Red widow was a great show and I’m practically crying over the news that it too is being canceled. The last episode was definitely an attention grabber and its going to have to take a really good show to beat that one:/

Tiffany June 22, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Being back red widow flipping awesome , bring back her husband he was not really dead it was part of escape plot

Anonymous June 17, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Fabulous show. Finally something
That had some depth to it

sylvia johnson June 14, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Red Widow got more exciting as it went along. Good characters, expecially Shillerl. Would definately see it continue.

Lucia June 13, 2013 at 6:40 am

I so disappointed to see they have canceled this great show. I was hooked on it. They always cancel quality shows and keep reality crap.

Merri June 11, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Can not believe Red Widow was canceled, what a great show.

Greg Stradley June 9, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Red Widow is a fantastic show with a myriad of interesting plots and wonderful acting. To cancel the show would be a crime.

Mary Ann June 9, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I hope ABC reconsiders Red Widow is a great show.

Hayley June 8, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Red Widow is a great show! Comments that have been made are very accurate, I had no idea about the program until I was flipping thru channels and an episode was on. TV is all reality garbage with nothing half decent to watch. Give it a second chance and advertise you would probably have better ratings.

Tammy June 7, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I cannot believe “Red Widow” is cancelled. I was so looking forward to a 2nd season. ABC please reconsider bringing it back. It has adventure and romance. The actors are talented and its as though they were born for their roles.

Catherine June 6, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Love the Show, Red Widow. Would like to see this come back for a 2nd season. If not let’s all boycot all other ABC shows. Let’s do it !!.

CC June 5, 2013 at 2:03 am

Why do they always leave the terrible shows and cancel one of the few shows that kept you glued to the seats instead of the reality garbage?
Unbelievable !
If no one was watching it then it was due to poor marketing. Either too many other well marketed programs were on at the same time and no one really advertised it. My friend told me it was good or I would never have known how good it was.
Pretty soon there will be nothing worth watching on tv. Oh well it’s a good thing I have lots of books because I won’t watch all that other junk.

Barbara T June 4, 2013 at 10:12 pm

The last episode was a real” cliffhanger”, her father as the murder, and her and Schiller falling n love. My BFF for over 45 years lives n a different state and we converse all the time about “Red Widow”

sonal June 4, 2013 at 10:02 pm

It makes me really sad Red Widow is cancelled. Can one of the smaller stations pick it up. PLs!!!!!

charlene June 4, 2013 at 9:37 pm

This series rocks! It’s different and exciting. I wanted to see Marta and Schiller get together. Marta is today’s mom . She does what she has to do for her family. This show is so today.