Red Widow: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Red Widow to be canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the season finale of Red Widow since ABC ordered just eight episodes of the series. Is this the end? Will the drama be back for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those unfamiliar with the show, Red Widow revolves around a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her husband’s work in organized crime after his death. The large cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing a second season renewal for Red Widow. The show’s ratings were poor at the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating with 7.13 million viewers — and have gotten a lot worse as the weeks have worn on.

Last week’s numbers fell to a new low — a 0.7 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 3.47 million total viewers. Red Widow is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network, ensuring that ABC won’t be bringing it back next season.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew the drama or are they justified in cancelling it? Are you satisfied with the last episode? How would you wrap up the storylines?

Me May 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Plz dont cancel it!!! It’s one of the only shows that I watch on tv! Good show! Keep it plz!

GW May 6, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Keep the show, it’s the only good show on Sun night and so far I have looked forward to the next episode. Round 2 should be great and more viewers to see and watch. Change it’s night if needed, but keep the show.

cconklc May 6, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I like RED WIDOW!!! What is so irritating is series are cancelled after one season. It has a good story line and a lot of potential. Come on ABC, keep it at least for one more season and if you’re going to cancel it, don’t leave us hanging. GOOD GRIEF. TNT does the same stinking thing.

Caitlin May 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I really loved this show and I think it should be renewed! It needs to be given a chance!

annie May 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Please have season 2 i loved it. Lol. Plus i wanna see if her daughter pulls the trigger.!!

Georgia May 6, 2013 at 3:00 pm

This show had lots of competition, but never missed an episode. Great show and should be given a chance. HOpe there’s a season 2!

DiamondDD1 May 6, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Season finale was riveting! Great cast, but Luke Goss, my favorite actor, stole the show! Please renew it!

Sharon Lynn May 6, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Please, don’t kill off my Schiller/Actor Goran Visnijc he is the “main reason” I even watch the show RED WIDOW his awesome: the other is Marta/Actress Rada Mitchell they have unfinished business and excellent chemisty together. I’m glad her debt is complete with him and wish she had of discussed with her children who was behind the deadly-killing of their father for it did not suit me a bit when the daughter was holding/aiming a gun at Schiller at the end in whom “saved” that Family the Petrov’s ten-fold when Marta went to him when her daughter was kidnap. So, I’m like hey “please” do not kill Schiller (he had nothing to do w/Marta’s husband death) …’yes he/Schiller is quite d-a-n-g-e-r-o-u-s and there’s good reason for that (sleek how he killed that mob-lady in the finale but then again she ploted to kill him.) Schiller I find does have a weakness for Marta and pray that will not be his downfall but his survival, their met for each other “Marta & Schiller” (like to see them married, have a child) and hope there will be a Season two for RED WIDOW.

christopher bacchus May 6, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I think this show had so much potential. Every time I saw it, it had me at the edge of my seat. This show has an opportunity to be a Revenge and Scandal but they should focused on what the viewers wanted. We like to see Martha somewhat more sexier, more of that Russian feel. Schiller could of had some sex on that desk with Martha. Also the commercial for Red Widow could of been more appealing! You can fix this show! You cant keep trying shows and then keep changing them as though your viewers don’t notice that. As far as 666 Park, the story line was becoming a little out there even with Whoopi but it started to become a little carried away. ABC tends to drag a story but tries to add to many twist just to keep a show going. Focus on the quality not your 13 episodes. Call me if you need some more feedback, I take my evening after work very serious!

Jen May 6, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I would like to see another season! Hope ABC gives it some more time.

dmain May 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

This series is amazing. The actors are spot on and look amazing. The story is strong and complicated. The writer doesn’t fall to cheap scenes and stays with character development. There are so many bad one hour shows and this is a bright light. I am hoping we have season two. I would never miss a show. I for one have many friends that feel the same. …I hope ABC makes the decision for this deep series and quality story telling in that there are so many wells to dip into with this one.

Diane Coleman May 6, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Please keep Red Widow. Great series. Don’t cancel.

Anonymous May 6, 2013 at 2:21 pm

PLEASAE DO NOT CANCEL!!!!

Kelley May 6, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I love this show! I told a few people to check out after season was almost finished and they loved it! I think it had a bad time slot. Would love to see season 2.

Sue May 6, 2013 at 1:32 pm

The show is GREAT! I think the acting is great and I am addicted as well. Please do not take it off the air!!! :)

R. Lipscomb May 6, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I like this show. It is one of the very few current television shows worth watching. TV history is littered with examples of highly successful, critically acclaimed series that had low ratings initially. Network TV is the worst in the world about introducing a new show in a crappy time slot, not giving it adequate promotion, and then kicking it to the curb when it “wasn’t successful”, when they never did their part to help it be successful. I think a requirement for being a network executive must be lack of a brain at all.