Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Susan September 30, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I watch the 10 episodes. Great show!! I give it 5 stars. Hope netflixs picks it up. Hulu doesn’t have it.

Lorrie September 29, 2014 at 9:27 am

Please pick up Season 2. I am anxious to watch this excellent TV series!

Dean September 29, 2014 at 12:35 am

Ive been looking for Season 2 for some time. Maybe with a little more than the non-existent advertising to date, others may actually watch and enjoy the series. One would believe this series is a state secret for all the advertising exposure it’s been given.

Carole Syzdek September 29, 2014 at 10:32 am

I also have been looking for Season 2 of Crossing Lines and still cannot find it anywhere. I actually want to purchase it because after I watched Season 1 I purchased it as soon as it was available on dvd.

Shasta September 27, 2014 at 3:52 pm

This was one of the best network series I’ve seen in a long time. It would be a shame to drop this great show.

Lisa September 25, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Please renew Crossing Lines. It’s a very good show. Either NBC or maybe USA channel

Robert G September 25, 2014 at 8:41 am

I watched on netflix and found it to be one of the better productions I’ve seen in a long time. I would like to see part 2 but if they don’t pick it up, I can wait on the DVD. I believe this program was good enough to win an emmy award but putting any show on Sunday nite is a killer due to Pro Football conflicts. The concept was great and I would not change a thing. The only other show worth seeing was The Blacklist 3 cheers for quality.

Dana September 25, 2014 at 5:50 am

Please show all the episodes of crossing lines!! Love this show!

Daniel Hanlon September 23, 2014 at 2:07 am

I really don’t like to many television shows. I did enjoy crossing lines very much. Please show season 2 on Us television

Sally September 21, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Yes, do renew. Excellent series done well with outstanding locations!!!! Love it!

Crushed & Tearful September 20, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Having only recently discovered Crossing Lines (via internet tv portal) in Sept 2014, I watched seasons one and two of two – episodes almost back-to-back. THE ENDING OF SEASON TWO IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I shall be using the ‘Net to determine what commercial products were involved in supporting NBC with regard to the CANCELLATION of Crossing Lines – and shall totally and completely boycott those products and their companies. Additionally, if NBC cancels any additional shows that I have been watching, I will consider boycotting those shows as well as the products involved in their support.NBC: STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angeleeyerkey September 18, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Please put Crossing Lines season 2 on 21 or USA please i like watching the show.

Dorothea September 18, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I love this show come on cable pick it up!!!

Sam September 18, 2014 at 9:51 am

I love it!! Please renew!!

Jessica September 17, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Ummmm … yes!!!!! Pick up series 2 please !!! Ive been waiting for it to come out can’t wait to see it !!