Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Wendy October 20, 2014 at 11:54 am

I just wanted to second the comments. This is a great show & I hope NBC renews it. If not, I hope someone smarter will pick it up. From what I understand this is an international production so the cost of production is shared so it should be a bargain. Of course not as cheap as those scripted “reality” shows!

Cheryl October 19, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I watched Crossing Lines when on NBC and just finished watching it again on Netflix. Not sure why the Networks keep cancelling the really good shows especially since they are not airing anything better.

Cyndi October 17, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I never heard of the show until I watched on Netflix. Love it and hope NBC continues it.

Eddie October 16, 2014 at 9:15 pm

PLEASE RENEW!

Marlene October 13, 2014 at 2:41 pm

This is one of the best shows on TV, much too clever for most people. Please, please, please bring it back.

MJ October 13, 2014 at 2:30 pm

please air season 2…..i love this show….we need more shows like this one.

linda October 13, 2014 at 8:58 am

My husband and I love the show. Keep it going!

Mindy Johnson October 8, 2014 at 9:22 am

Crossing lines is the best show I’ve ever seen.crossing lines had BETTER NOT EVER BE CANCELLED!!!!!!!! I was sooo mad when some of my favorite tv shows like invasion, FLASHFORWARD, V, no ordinary family, Miami medical, and most of all, FRINGE, was cancelled. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I love all the stars and all the characters in crossing lines. Awesome show!!!! N

Brittany October 6, 2014 at 2:05 am

I love this show! I just finished season 1 on Netflix and season 2. I really hope you continue the show soon. I hope we don’t have to wait too long for season 3. The sooner you air the better it’ll be :) can’t wait!

Denise October 5, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Oh please please please hurry up!! Love this show!!!