Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Wayne March 27, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Came across this series on net flicks, absolutely loved it. Too bad only 3 seasons. All characters got highlited.

bobbi scott March 9, 2015 at 10:57 pm

really enjoyed this series..please bring it back…

V Gregory March 7, 2015 at 1:32 pm

I just discovered this show and am impressed. Why do the shows I like not become popular. Oh, well, I would and am trying to find season three.

Alexa Lucas March 1, 2015 at 9:05 pm

I love the show. I watched all episodes available. I’m looking to find season 3 and I want to be able to buy season 3. Did season 3 ever happen? That’s a shame if I can’t buy. I’m from California and my husband and I are hooked. I think that this show will spread like wild fire as soon as people know about it. I found it on Netflix and I thinks it’s the best thing since apple pie. I love the show because it’s shot in different locations and I love all of the characters and the suspense is exciting.

Sheila Morsey March 2, 2015 at 9:30 am

They just finished season2 and don’t have Season3 filmed yet. It will be in the fall of 2015.

RBSTN33 March 2, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Please help SAVE “Crossing Lines” !!!!!!!

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/p/nbc-start-showing-the-second-season-of-crossing-lines-on-american-tv-plus-add-more-seasons

Thank You for your time and support!

Michel Johnson February 28, 2015 at 12:17 pm

My daughter n i love this show. we r USA and like the forein aspect of it
Please renew it. Or some one pick it up. The leaving us hanging after annemaries disaperiance mistery. Need answers….

Sheila Morsey March 1, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Dear Michael,

Season 2 was picked up for 12 episodes by Netflix and I have seen them all and it’s even better than last year if that is even possible. And from what I am hearing there will be a season 3 but it will also be on a pay situation like netflix so I really hope you have Netflix because as a Crossing Lines fan myself I don’t want to see anyone miss it and believe me, Netflix knows exactly how many people are watching it and seem very interested in picking up season 3. Good luck and good viewing. Sheila.

ODell February 26, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Really, really, like the show….Please continue with this show. We watched it on Netflix. Will be so disappointed if it isn’t brought back on! Seems like all the good shows don’t last and all the “not good” ones keeps coming back…

Sheila Morsey March 1, 2015 at 2:07 pm

As of February 20, 2015 they are planning a season 3 but we are losing William Fitchner and I kind of saw that one coming. I believe Netflix is going to pick it up again so please encourage every one you know to check this show out so Netflix will pick it up again because believe me they know exactly who is watching it and how often. I do not want to lose this show.

Sheila

Anonymous February 20, 2015 at 8:44 pm

GREAT show. MORE!!!!

Mary Lou Hrvatin February 20, 2015 at 9:00 am

We read that the wonderful Croatian actor is joining the show. We do hope that you will be showing it in the US and for heaven’s sake promote it sufficiently. Especially in today’s world it will be of interest to Americans. 2-20-2015.

Liz February 19, 2015 at 2:05 am

I love this show but I can see why It doesn’t catch Americans attention. But I am sure people everywhere else in the world love it. I think it’s smart and classy. I hope there will be many more seasons!

Susan February 15, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I have enjoyed this show so much. Everyone is wonderful. Do not like you killing people off. Good Lord they are the reason the show is so great. Rethink Louis’s demise. Hope to see many more episodes!!!