King & Maxwell: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Two

king and maxwell canceled by TNT Deadline reports that TNT has decided to cancel King & Maxwell after one season. The 10th and final episode aired on August 12th.

The show revolves around a pair of Secret Service agents (Jon Tenney and Rebecca Romijn) who opened their own detective agency after they were fired. Michael O’Keefe, Chris Butler, and Ryan Hurst round out the cast.

King & Maxwell remained fairly consistent during its 10 episode run and averaged 3.11 million viewers. The premiere attracted 3.52 million viewers and the finale drew 3.50 million.

While it wasn’t as big a hit as Rizzoli & Isles (5.7 million) and Major Crimes (4.9 million), it wasn’t that far behind Perception (3.5 million).

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season for King & Maxwell? How do you think it compares to the other TNT dramas?

dars June 2, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Please bring it back – loved that show!

Shannon June 1, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Bummed! Why do they cancel the decent shows?

Terri June 1, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Well, here we go again! What is with Corp tv people??? They bring back the crap and cancel the good stuff. We were so looking forward to another season. How about getting rid of the stupid reality shows (Survivor, etc.), please! The Bachelor,,,,Bachlorette, like who cares? And how is that entertainment? David Baldacci is a great author & King & Maxwell is one of his best character series. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!!! FOR SHAME…..

Sheryl June 12, 2014 at 4:17 am

Well said, Terri! You sum up my thoughts and feelings exactly. I was really looking forward to the next season. I am sincerely bummed. PLEASE bring back this wonderful cast of characters.

Susan June 1, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I was a very big fan of this show. I love TNT shows and this was a good show with good characters. I read the books. I would love to see it come back! God stories, good actors with the right amount of humor.

Mark May 29, 2014 at 8:54 pm

We were looking forward to the return. Please bring it back!

Carol DeW May 19, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I like the books, so I enjoyed the TV show, I’m disappointed the series is cancelled.

fay May 18, 2014 at 11:18 pm

TNT: Network decisions to continue cancelling programming that is actually worth watching is confusing and certainly does not give me any reason to check out any new programs that you put on the air.

Pat Garner May 19, 2014 at 7:05 am

I just wish we could get this thru to the networks, i think this website is just set up for comments, which frustrates me no end. Whoever set it up just makes money off the darn ads that run and that’s about it.

J Tedder May 13, 2014 at 6:04 pm

im so disappointed that you’ve cancelled this show! loved the stories and the characters!!!!!!!!!! bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paula April 29, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I would like to know what bar these people are at when they cancelled Maxwell and King and leave dump shows on like perception and some other shows GET IT TOGETHER BING IT BACK.

Don Forrest April 27, 2014 at 8:52 pm

It is a shame to cancel such a good show. Wish you bring it back.

PennyJo March 28, 2014 at 9:01 am

Love the show. Wish it was not cancelled. There are a lot of other TNT shows that I would cancel to keep King & Maxwell. It was a comedy drama that kept our household looking forward to see what they would get into every week. Bring it back.

Eric Beattie March 26, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I am really disappointed, as this show was fun and it drew you in.

E Paris March 24, 2014 at 5:34 pm

SHAME, SHAME, on TNT. Great storyline, GREAT ACTORS, and you take them off….
SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on you

C Smith March 22, 2014 at 9:28 am

Bring it back, it is great tv

Kathy Kaefer March 11, 2014 at 7:13 pm

This should be renewed. It’ s more enjoyable than Perception, it is quirky, fresh, and entertaining. If another channel picked them up e would be right there. I’m really disappointed you cancelled them.