Running Wilde: FOX Sitcom Pre-empted; Cancellation Next?

Running WildeThe networks will tell you that a new TV show being pre-empted doesn’t mean anything but, more often than not, it isn’t a good sign.

According to FOX’s upcoming schedule, Running Wilde is being replaced by an additional installment of Raising Hope on October 26th. According to The Futon Critic, two episodes will follow the special “Rocky Horror Glee Show” episode of Glee. One of the Raising Hope episodes will also be Halloween-themed.

A lack of “good signs” isn’t anything new for Running Wilde unfortunately. While both freshman sitcoms are under-performing, Running Wilde has been doing particularly poorly. In its first week on the air, the Will Arnett and Keri Russell series attracted a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.6 million viewers. It was in fourth place in the timeslot for both categories.

Last week, the numbers dropped to a 1.9 in the demo and 4.47 million viewers. Based on the early numbers, it’s looking like last night’s episode did even worse.

If double episodes of Raising Hope perform any better than the usual Raising Hope/Running Wilde combination, you can be sure that FOX will pull Running Wilde from the schedule for November sweeps. From there, cancellation can’t be far behind.

What do you think? Is this a bad sign for Running Wilde? Do you think it’ll be cancelled?

Soph November 28, 2010 at 2:33 am

Running Wilde is ok but Raising Hope is funnier, the second episodes of Raising Hope so far are repeats, at least put some new ones. I guess I`ll miss Running Wilde if it gets cancelled but hey I miss Undercovers and My Generation more…

Red November 20, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Raising Hope is a great first season show, and will only get better next season when actors, writers, etc settle in (and with a few new hires probably). It should not, however, follow Glee. Man, those are two hell-a different shows! i.e. a lot of people watching one but not the other, so there’s not a good lead-in.
Running Wilde wasn’t bad, just not good enough to stay on the channel when other stuff is on (or I have a netflix ready to see). It should’ve been a winter/early spring movie and done.

Robin November 18, 2010 at 1:19 am

Hated Running Wilde. Watched first episode and almost couldn’t make through the entire program. Haven’t wanted to watch another but I do love Raising Hope!

Denia November 2, 2010 at 11:26 am

I love running wilde.
with my busy schedule it is hard to watch it so i always hulu it when i have time.
If running wilde is cancelled i don’t know what i’ll do with myself.
we already lost arrested development. running wilde and glee are the only shows i watch.

Marilyn October 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I look forward to Tuesday to see Running Wilde. I hope they give it a chance and don’t cancel it. I like seeing Keri Russell on tv again.

Gabby October 26, 2010 at 6:47 pm

ugh, RH is good for 30 minutes, not a full hour, I liked Running Wilde tons more

Lisa October 21, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I liked both (Running Wilde more) but it wont surprise me if they get canceled. Everything I like does. I only caught them accidentally and had not seen any advertising for them at all which is typical. They always hit some stupid reality ones a million times and then have one or two ads for the others.

Jess October 19, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I liked both shows! I love Tuesdays, where I watch Glee, Raising Hope and then Running Wilde! You guys are crazy…

Anonymous October 16, 2010 at 2:31 pm

RW does requires a more intelligent audience. I think it is cute. I should have been scheduled after GLEE & not Raising Hope. I really liked the characters in RW. I think Migo is so hilarious. I would love to see more of him & his family.

Joaquin October 14, 2010 at 7:24 pm

@Obi: it’s way too intelligent for most people. And the fact that you used “flabbergasted” is just proof that you are part of a dying breed of educated, sophisticated people. Look at the TV landscape with its Jersey Shores and other mind-numbingly dumb shows and you know what I mean.
I love Running Wilde, it’s hilarious, but kinda knew that it wouldn’t make it!

Des October 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I love RW (esp. the most recent episode!). I will be really disappointed if it gets canceled.

obi October 13, 2010 at 8:39 am

I think Running Wilde is probably my favorite half-hour comedy show of all time, and I’m flabbergasted that it’s doing poorly.

Sean October 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Hi Obi, I just read your comment after watching the 13th episode of this show and I have to say that I am disappointed to find out that it was cancelled. I know the show Flashword is amazing and because it was on one of the major networks they had to make room to show new shows and kept changing the time slot where no one new what day or time it was on and so they cancelled. Veronica Mars was good and second season was left with a cliff hanger and dropped. Day Break with Omar Epps (I believe) good show but dropped because black women everywhere were upset at the fact that a leading man like played opposite of what they said was a white woman but if I am not mistaken she was Native American or something?

It is disappointing when you watch a good show like Running Wilde or any other one and is cancelled or moved because the networks think that the majority of the population enjoy watching some crappy show that they think is time slot worthy. For example, MTV used to be about music and then they decided that real world (no pun intended) drama is more important to the populas of stereotypical, lets conform to soicetal norms and popularity to be succesful and yet most of the shows that MTV airs portrays an image of “This is how people act and who they are now and so everyone must conform!” Yet wholsome shows like this one and many others go downhill because some or most human beings are drawn to making their image like Paris Hilton or Sookie from Jersey shore and for men like whoever is out there now.

These networks really need to get with the program and stop taking away shows that are really good and to some may be “sort of bad” in the first season and who knows may be really good in their second and hopefully other seasons.

Sean October 2, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Sorry FlashForward!

Anonymous October 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm

What are u talking about? Raising hope is hilarious

Lou October 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Hated pilot of Raising Hope. Had mixed feelings about RW despite liking (Canadian) Will Arnett. Will not miss either if they are cancelled. I hope Hope stays if only because that means it’s a half hour of TV I won’t have to PVR