Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Canceled and renewed TV show

418 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Don Mordecai says

CBS has made a terrible decision cancelling Vegas. It was one of the shows I looked forward to watching every week. To bad CBS didn’t ask me before they cancelled it. I would have encouraged them keep it and leave it at its original time. Vegas should be brought back.

2. John says

I loved the show. CBS probably wants another reality show, which I won’t ever watch. What’s next, cancel Blue Bloods? Speaking of demographics, I’m 45, and this is just the type of show that will draw me to a “broadcast” network, not reality shows. Too bad CBS didn’t push this show more. The actors are strong and the story lines were interesting. I DVR’ed the show every week, and even made time to watch it live a couple of times. Dissatisfied, CBS.

3. Barbara says

REALLY???I am to the point of giving up CBS all together. EVERY time there is a great show some jerk makes a decision to think for us all. There are a lot of folks that love VEGAS, GOLDEN BOY, and many more. CBS does not know or care what the public watches… NBC or ABC should get the writers to keep up the great work and move to one of these broadcasters. Very disappointed in CBS again.

4. Johna says

I’m very disappointed that you’ve cancelled a great show. Who make these decisions anyway. I’m from Nevada and my Father knew Sheriff Lamb. It was a show I could relate to. Even for my young age (61) it was well know that the mob ran the casinos. Please reconsider and bring it back. If not I guess I won’t watch CBS on Friday nights nothing good on now. Maybe one of the ‘better’ stations will pick it up.

5. R & J says

heartbroken that vegas has been cancelled… it was our favorite show and loved all
    actors & storylines. You can tell that Quaid and Chiklis had great chemistry making this series as did the entire cast. People don’t know quality programming anymore it seems.. let’s all get a petition going to bring this well deserving show back on the air.

6. Larry Smith says

I’m not a big TV watcher but I liked this series. Sad to see this show go. It seems like CBS never really got behind it. The ending makes a satisfying TV Movie that will probably do well in DVD sales. I will say honestly however that I was struggling to see where the story was going to go with the characters and relationships developing so quickly and hardening into stereotypes. It does seem to me that this would have been a winner had a bit more resource been expended in its nurture. Shame on you CBS.

7. Vicki10873 says

VEGAS cancelled that is insane. CBS kills another great show because they don’t know what the people want to watch. Bunch of idiots in the CBS programming department!!!!

BRING VEGAS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jab says

Don’t they count those who DVR Vegas and watch it every week? What a great show with amazing actors! No wonder we watch more TNT and TNT! Isn’t there anything we can do

9. Smokey says

This was an interesting, well-acted show. Probably why it was cancelled. I have to say the “season finale” script was not up to par, as if CBS had already made a decision, and decided to just toss something out to viewers. Boo to CBS.

10. says

This is ridulous!!! This was a top 15 to top 30 show until the network started manipulating the schedule. They kept it off of the air for over a month and then placed it on the Friday graveyard. For a drama which has a continuing theme this is a death warrant issued by CBS for some reason other than lack of viewers.

11. Janet says

I am so sorry you have decided to cancel Vegas. I read that the show was being cancelled because there wasn’t enough interest among the 18 to 49 year olds. I know many people not in that age bracket that do like the show. The acting is very good and the storyline is interesting. I really hope you reconsider your decision and give this show a chance.

• Anonymous says

I agree, why do the 18 -49 year olds opinions always seem to be taken. Do they think those of us over 50 don’t watch TV?