Flashpoint: TV Series “Most Likely” Returning This Summer

FlashpointBig news! At today’s CBS session of the Television Critics Association press tour, President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler mentioned Flashpoint.

The series is produced in Canada for the CTV network and licensed by CBS. Its run for three seasons on CBS to moderate success. At last summer’s press tour, Tassler said that she hadn’t decided about ordering more episodes. The show went off the air in September 2010 and hasn’t been mentioned by the network since. The show has yet to be renewed by CBS but CTV has commissioned a fourth season that’s currently in production.

Today, Tassler said that the network still has a half dozen of unaired episodes of Flashpoint sitting on the shelf. The network will “most likely” air them over the summer. She didn’t touch on the series’ future but it seems Flashpoint is pretty clearly not on the network’s priority list.

What do you think? Will Flashpoint return this summer? Will CBS purchase season four?

Bernadette February 1, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Please – don’t let this show fall into the “cancelled” pile. This is by far, one of the best shows on TV – and Canadian content too.

reina komisarjevsky February 1, 2012 at 6:20 am

Flashpoint is definitely the best television show on right now. We sit at the edge of our seat every show and cannot wait until the next show airs. Please, don’t take this show off the air. It really is the best show ever!!!! Keep it on!!!

Linda J January 25, 2012 at 10:38 am

This is one of the best shows I have seen in awhile. Great stories, great actors, nice to see story lines where they manage to stop tragedies. I loved this show, I hope it comes back!

Maria P January 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Flashpoint is the best show. The stories are great and always resolved. The cast are are
all great, especially Sergio DiZio he is my favorite. Please bring back the show. I also
watch Flashpoint on ION TV every Tues. night and repeats on Friday nights.

camie January 17, 2012 at 9:17 pm

cbs always takes off the best shows….the viewers are the ones who should have the say in what we want to watch…this show is the best …i am so sick of all these stupid reality shows ..i hope they pick flashpoint up it is such a great show and I know all my friends watch it to.

audrey S January 6, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Flashpoint is one of the best shows on tv – the characters are so real and likeabale – what a shae if it is not renewed for 2012 -there are so many bad and boring realaity shows and this one has so much character – hope they reconsider

Anonymous December 24, 2011 at 7:29 pm

The show has grown some legs they should run it I bet it will develop a huge following.

Chris December 10, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Keep Flashpoint on the air. It is a great show, one that we like to watch.

Ted B November 25, 2011 at 11:07 am

My wife and I enjoy Flashpoint also. I’m afraid the networks have too many of the “don’t bother to watch” shows. This show is good. Please bring it back.

Joy Leuthard November 22, 2011 at 11:53 pm

My husband and I love this show! Please bring it back! Why on earth do these networks cancel the good shows all the time and keep those so called reality shows that are crap! Please bring the team back!

Edward Thomas November 12, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Two issues, one this is a great drama packed show I would like to see the show continue. Two, the swat team need some Intergration with people of COLOR. This is the 21st century.

Charlotte Moore November 6, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Please renew Flashpoint. It’s one of the very best shows, most professionally acted and written, exciting yet with actual redeeming qualities to it. Most of t.v. is junk, but Flashpoint is in the same excellent league as Blue Bloods & Law and Order.

Anonymous November 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm

my wife elain and i realy enjoyed FlashPoint, if they put it on a Tue or Wed nite more people would watch it

Beach Lover November 1, 2011 at 7:16 pm

One of the better series out there…too bad ‘those in the know’ didn’t think so!

Elaine Bisbey October 29, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I think this show is one of the best ones written; I would hate to see it cancelled because it really is one of the few deserving shows to be aired. There is definiteley too much crap on t.v. these days.

Peggy Bright October 28, 2011 at 9:45 pm

My husband and I enjoy Flashpoint and hope this program will be renewed.