Flashpoint: TV Series “Most Likely” Returning This Summer

FlashpointBig news! At today’s CBS session of the Television Critics Association press tour, President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler mentioned Flashpoint.

The series is produced in Canada for the CTV network and licensed by CBS. Its run for three seasons on CBS to moderate success. At last summer’s press tour, Tassler said that she hadn’t decided about ordering more episodes. The show went off the air in September 2010 and hasn’t been mentioned by the network since. The show has yet to be renewed by CBS but CTV has commissioned a fourth season that’s currently in production.

Today, Tassler said that the network still has a half dozen of unaired episodes of Flashpoint sitting on the shelf. The network will “most likely” air them over the summer. She didn’t touch on the series’ future but it seems Flashpoint is pretty clearly not on the network’s priority list.

What do you think? Will Flashpoint return this summer? Will CBS purchase season four?

Canceled and renewed TV show

179 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bernadette says

Please – don’t let this show fall into the “cancelled” pile. This is by far, one of the best shows on TV – and Canadian content too.

2. says

Flashpoint is definitely the best television show on right now. We sit at the edge of our seat every show and cannot wait until the next show airs. Please, don’t take this show off the air. It really is the best show ever!!!! Keep it on!!!

3. Linda J says

This is one of the best shows I have seen in awhile. Great stories, great actors, nice to see story lines where they manage to stop tragedies. I loved this show, I hope it comes back!

• says

Flashpoint is the best show. The stories are great and always resolved. The cast are are
      all great, especially Sergio DiZio he is my favorite. Please bring back the show. I also
      watch Flashpoint on ION TV every Tues. night and repeats on Friday nights.

4. camie says

cbs always takes off the best shows….the viewers are the ones who should have the say in what we want to watch…this show is the best …i am so sick of all these stupid reality shows ..i hope they pick flashpoint up it is such a great show and I know all my friends watch it to.

5. audrey S says

Flashpoint is one of the best shows on tv – the characters are so real and likeabale – what a shae if it is not renewed for 2012 -there are so many bad and boring realaity shows and this one has so much character – hope they reconsider

6. Ted B says

My wife and I enjoy Flashpoint also. I’m afraid the networks have too many of the “don’t bother to watch” shows. This show is good. Please bring it back.

7. Joy Leuthard says

My husband and I love this show! Please bring it back! Why on earth do these networks cancel the good shows all the time and keep those so called reality shows that are crap! Please bring the team back!

8. Edward Thomas says

Two issues, one this is a great drama packed show I would like to see the show continue. Two, the swat team need some Intergration with people of COLOR. This is the 21st century.

9. Charlotte Moore says

Please renew Flashpoint. It’s one of the very best shows, most professionally acted and written, exciting yet with actual redeeming qualities to it. Most of t.v. is junk, but Flashpoint is in the same excellent league as Blue Bloods & Law and Order.

10. Elaine Bisbey says

I think this show is one of the best ones written; I would hate to see it cancelled because it really is one of the few deserving shows to be aired. There is definiteley too much crap on t.v. these days.