Gilmore Girls: Graham Tired of Movie Talk, ”It’s Over for Me!”

Gilmore GirlsThough there may be thousands of fans waiting for news about a Gilmore Girls reunion movie, one of its stars apparently doesn’t have much interest.

Gilmore Girls centers around young, single mom Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) raising her daughter, Lorelai “Rory” Gilmore (Alexis Bledel) in the small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. Other significant castmemembers include Keiko Agena, Scott Patterson, Yanic Truesdale, Kelly Bishop, Edward Herrmann, Melissa McCarthy, Sean Gunn, Liza Weil, Liz Torres, Jared Padalecki, Matt Czuchry, Jackson Douglas, Michael Winters, Sally Struthers, Emily Kuroda, and Todd Lowe.

The series is well-loved for its quirky characters and its fast-paced and pop culture-filled dialogue. The series debuted on October 5, 2000 and ran for six seasons on The WB network.

Do you think there'll ever be a Gilmore movie?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

When The WB folded into The CW, Gilmore Girls made the move but then declined in the ratings. The new network considered picking up the show for an eighth year but it didn’t happen, supposedly because of salaries and schedules. The series ended on May 15, 2007 and many felt that, after seven years on the air, the finale was a letdown.

Shortly afterwards, Gilmore creator Amy Sherman-Palladino expressed interest in doing a two-hour reunion movie. At the time, most of the cast expressed interest.

Though there hasn’t been any news on the project in awhile, fans are still hoping that it will happen. Graham, however, apparently feels a bit differently. As she recently told Jimmy Fallon, from her point of view, the show is “Over!”

Stacy Ann June 13, 2009 at 10:57 am

I for one liked that they left it open ended in the finale. I don’t want to know what’s going to happen with them for the rest of thier lives. I like that 10, 15 years away it’d be possible to still imagine where Rory and Lor are. What’s gone on in Stars Hollow since then. YEs, I would rather they have the show on, but I like that they didn’t lay out the plans for everyone and go “That’s it”.

Kayla June 5, 2009 at 7:54 pm

ok to those of you idiots who think they cant make a movie or another season screw you yea they can!!!rory still needs a job,we dont know whats gonna happen with her and logan and loralei well u just never know with her and luke what about him and his kid?or lane and zach are having kids and there is enough stuff to make a movie with!!

Kayla June 5, 2009 at 7:50 pm

The season 7 finale was the biggest let down in a shows ending in forever!!!we dont know whats gonna happen with any of the characters!!i mean think of all the loyal fans.i’ve been watching this show pretty much from the very get go and i thought that the ending was a horrible let down.HORRIBLE.they didnt give any closure whatsoever

Kathleen May 27, 2009 at 7:19 pm

I don’t think the season finale was a letdown. I thought it was very touching, and did a good job of wrapping things up while leaving us with hope that there were further adventures ahead for both the Gilmore Girls. I don’t think they should do a reunion show yet. Give it more time. I totally loved the show, all seven seasons (I own them all), and think it ended at the perfect time.

j May 22, 2009 at 11:48 pm

I would love to see a “reunion movie”. I think a couple of years is a good “fast forward to” time frame. I doubt it will ever happen, but I’m not sure it’s always a good thing for an actress (actor) to completely discount any possibility. No one can know (especially in this kind of business) how they may feel at a later date. Never say never.

Cindy May 21, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Usually when a tv show marries the couple with the most chemistry, they essentially “jump the shark”, meaning that is the show’s highlight and it’s all down hill from there. My thought is…why wouldn’t they end the season with the wedding…that way they “jump the shark” at the end of the series. That way the show ends on a high.
I would love to see Lorelei and Luke get married and have Rory as the Maid of Honor and April in the wedding as well. One happy family…sort of…

miranda May 16, 2009 at 8:41 am

I didn’t really like the fact that the creator’s were moving on and some onelse was taking over !
When you change the person you change the veiw’s it become’s how they want it , and they messed it up ! They just left us hanging they shouldn’t have throw so much in the other part’s !
At any rate I hope to see all the Actor’s on the big screen, what ever that might be!
I’m happy to see them going to big an better thing’s .
Love u guy’s and take care of u ! God bless , Miranda Collison

tara May 10, 2009 at 1:42 pm

I’m glad it is over , at least I won’t see L running to C again and again.

Lauren May 7, 2009 at 4:20 pm

First, Brittanie: There is no Season 8 (and therefore 9) and there never will be. It wasn’t picked up. Also, there wasn’t much left to do with the characters to continue with the finale. A movie would be easier to write than a season in terms of characters, since their journeys are now separate. However, a movie wouldn’t work with the popularity of pop culture references, as it would date itself long before release.

Mara: Not every actor is like that, I doubt that was the reason for the series. It really was ensemble and the ensemble was getting bigger as the ratings were going down (less ratings, less money). Though maybe Lauren Graham should ask for more money for a movie: Graham may not be a box office draw (most television stars aren’t) but she has been in the business a while, had a solid reputation as support cast and demonstrated in the show that she can memorize lengthy scripts (including non-linear dialogue) with great accuracy and speed. That’s a real professional.

Chanell May 4, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Yea the last episodewas such a let down and I didn’t expect it to be that bad. And I thought Gilmore Girls would have at least lasted 10 seasons like friends, but i guess i was wrong. And I would have liked for Luke & Lorelai to get married because since the beginning there was much chemistry that was seen and we have all grown to watching it all unfold to where they got engaged and nothing further. I was very disappointed in the way this show turned. Many fans were not happy at all for the total spin off of Gilmore Girls. Though I really don’t think there should be a movie. I wish it just would have gone on longer. And I think there is really no point for movie now since it’s been almost two years exactly since the show has been cut off from the whole television scene.

Carol & Alison April 29, 2009 at 5:27 am

Would have liked to see Luke & Lorelai get married and felt it was a bit of a let down at the end, have got the complete series on dvd loved it, a reunion movie would be great if done properly.

Karla April 22, 2009 at 8:35 pm

leave GG alone, please no movie! Its over I agree with Graham, GG is my all time favorite tv show I own the GG complete series set box and I don’t want a movie. Be realistic a movie would make things worse.

Luca April 20, 2009 at 11:49 am

Una 8° stagione di Gilmore Girls sarebbe l’ideale per concludere al meglio la serie.

Brittanie Brant April 17, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I truly think you should release season 8 instead of leaving your loyal fans hanging and wanting more!!! Even though some of you might want that we don’t!!!! We are missing important information that we need to finish the lives of all the characters in Gilmore Girls. What this is is like watching a movie at the movie theaters and having the last 20 min cut off for us to wonder and guess what happens!!!!! Please Think Hard for season 8 9 and the movie we all really want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mara April 14, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Lauren wanted more money maybe (that happen to every good show they get a big head and ask for more )

Right or not I’m over all that beside the last 2 years of GG it was not that good .

Mrs Graham was looking too tired .