Hostages: Was the Finale a Satisfying Ending?

Hostages last episodesTonight marks the end of Hostages on CBS. Though the “limited series” has not been officially cancelled, the ratings have been so poor that there’s just no way that they’re going to bring it back for a second season.

On the two final episodes — titled “Suspicious Minds” and “Endgame” — Duncan (Dylan McDermott) discovers Sandrine’s (Sandrine Holt) betrayal and decides to use her to save Nina (Francie Swift) and Sawyer (Lola Cook). Before Ellen (Toni Collette) operates on President Kincaid (James Naughton), the First Lady (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio) confronts her and forces Ellen to tell the truth about the assassination plot.

What do you think? If you’ve seen the finale, was it a satisfying ending to the series? Do you think they could have realistically made another season — either with some of the same characters or, with completely new ones? Would you have watched?

Joyce January 7, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I feel cbs should bring it back for another season. I enjoy watching all of the episodes. It is much better than those stupid comedy shows. They are not funny at all. CBS better watch it or they will be in the same fix that ABC is in. They have a bad habit of cancelling shows that have quality to them.

Anonymous January 7, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I really thought this was an interesting series with some great actors. Kept me intrigued the whole season, hope they don’t cancel it!!!

Tiomoya January 7, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I enjoyed the finale. Because of my hours at work, I have to record all of my shows. I have recorded and ENJOYED every episode. I hope that CBS brings it back. I want to know what happens to Duncan after turning himself in. And I definitely want to know what the first lady is going to do about the president..Lol

Wendy January 7, 2014 at 3:10 pm

I thought Hostages was the best new show on TV. I could not wait to see it each week. Please bring it back. Love all the actors and I know many people who feel the same way.

linda January 7, 2014 at 2:31 pm

loved the series would love to see it come back with the same characters.

MJ January 7, 2014 at 2:30 pm

So Brooklyn Autumn nails it… That finale was about as riveting as watching jello settle. Main female lead survives. Check. Saves the President. Check. All evil-doers killed or brought to justice. Check. Family intact, saved. Check. Dog still kicking. Check. Absolutely no surprise, plot turns. Everything tied up a a neat little bow. I had hoped for something innovative. But instead, more plodding, predictability. Overall, fairly consistent for a series based on dull writing and an implausible plot that yawned from its inception. Oh well, so nothing changed down the stretch…

Rochelle Moody January 7, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I missed the final episode that aired on 1/6/14. While I didn’t think the show would survive, I did watch it from the beginning and would like to see the end. Will the final 2 hour episode air again? If no, how can I view it?

Life Well Spent January 7, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I loved Hostages. Loved the season finale and WANT MORE!

Tom Cavnar January 7, 2014 at 1:57 pm

This is a WONDERFUL show. Cast is fantastic, story line excellent. This show should come back for another year!!!

Cindy January 7, 2014 at 1:50 pm

The best tv show in a long time. Loved the ending. Sad if it doesn,t come back

m e myself and I January 7, 2014 at 1:21 pm

no no no….if toni collette had gotten any stiffer or less emotive, she would have frozen completely. oh and who the heck chose her hairstyle…the whole thing ended up being laughable and just BAD. so, no don’t bring it back… ever!

Ginny January 7, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I Loved It! Was So Exciting, I was on edge of my seat the entire 2 hours!
I’m going to miss it, wish it was coming back for another season!

Sandra Berg January 7, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Hope this is final. Poor casting.

Sandra Berg January 7, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Ending wad good. Hope this iFinal.
Poor casting.

bobby cobb January 7, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Loved the show. The only reason the ratings are low is it is up against Blacklist, I think if it had been on after NCIS it would be America’s favorite show. I actually like the idea of a single season show. It seems it would have been hard to keep interest if the surgery was never scheduled until Season 7. This was clean and elegant.