Save Me

Save Me TV show on NBC: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Seven (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: May 23, 2013 — June 13, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Anne Heche, Madison Davenport, Michael Landes, Alexandra Breckenridge, Heather Burns, and Joy Osmanski.

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Beth Harper (Anne Heche), an absentee wife and mother from the Midwest. After choking on a hero sandwich in her kitchen and suffering a dramatic near-death experience, Beth is revived and claims she can now talk to God.

Her teenage daughter, Emily (Madison Davenport), is horrified and her husband, Tom (Michael Landes), is skeptical. To make matters worse, Tom’s ex-mistress, Carly McKenna (Alexandra Breckenridge), is in a coma after a close encounter with lightning in the Harper’s front yard.

As Beth warms up to her new life, she strives to make amends to the people that she’s alienated over the years — including friends and neighbors like Jenna Dennings (Heather Burns) and Maggie Tompkins (Joy Osmanski).

Despite everyone’s initial hesitancy, Beth begins to win people over with her new positive attitude, cheerful optimism, and unbridled love.

Series Finale:
Episode #7 — Holier Than Thou
While rallying to save a hospital, Beth alienates her friends with her holier-than-thou attitude.
First aired: June 13, 2013

What do you think? Do you like the Save Me TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Laura says

Please don’t cancel this show. It’s a wonderfully uplifting and positive show and we need more like this.

2. Lillian says

I think the show and cast are wonderful and it is very enlightening, spiritually and emotionally. Finally, something else other than cops and robbers or reality shows, to watch that is funny, but leaves you thinking about what is important in life.

3. Mike says

Great clean entertainment. Finally a program that is just pure entertainment. This program with a great cast should not be canceled. Why not cancel the shows with no morals, bachelorette, all the housewives shows,kardashians, the list goes on. Love ann

4. Mike Dubyak says

Please don’t cancel. This show is great. There is so much garbage on tv these day, and now a sitcom that is not only funny but it sends a message to all that pay attention. I’m tired of the sex innuendos and fowl language. This is a good clean program. I am a Christian and have told all my friends to watch it for clean entertainment.

5. Anonymous says

My husband and I both like this show very much. Please don’t cancel it. It’s a breath of fresh air and the only show we watch on NBC.

6. Jack says

DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who are bashing it, maybe you should watch it through and pay attention. Every show, although very crazy, has had a wonderful message, especially the last which co-starred Betty White. Please continue, I have been telling everyone I know about it who happen to be very strong Christians and the all love the show.

7. Florence says

I agree with Debby, June 24. I just love “Save Me.” This show is soooo funny and a twist with God. Everyone needs a word from God. Save Me and Save this program,

8. DEBBY MORRISON says

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT TAKE OFF THIS SHOW ITS A GREAT SHOW I LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERY WEEK PLEASE BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Buffy says

I love the show “SAVE ME.” I believe this show should go on. I hope it continues as it is a great family show, it’s a comedy, and it has a message. Good show for the whole family!

10. Anonymous says

Save Me is an awesome series and should be continued. This show has something no other series has good clean humor, with a sweet message!