Surviving Jack: Christopher Meloni Sitcom Cancelled by FOX

survivingjack02Christopher Meloni had a long run on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit but his FOX sitcom didn’t last. Surviving Jack has been cancelled after one season.

Surviving Jack revolves around Dunlevy family. A no-nonsense father (Christopher Meloni) starts tough-love parenting his teenage kids (Connor Buckley and Claudia Lee) while his wife returns to college (Rachael Harris). Others in the cast include Kevin Hernandez and Tyler Foden.

The series was originally supposed to have 13 episodes this season but the network cut the order down to eight installments. That’s never a good sign.

Surviving Jack has been drawing poor ratings on Thursday nights, following American Idol. The six episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.35 million total viewers.

The series finale is scheduled for next Thursday, May 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Surviving Jack? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled this sitcom?

Rachel September 2, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Bring it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I didnt watch it until we saw the episodes on Hulu and cant get enough of it now!! I cant believe they would cancel such a GREAT funny and quirky show!!! im finding that petition now!!

Laura August 30, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I love this show and both my Husband and I are incredibly disappointed its been cancelled. Ive found a petition if anyone is interested: https://www.change.org/p/fox-broadcasting-company-renew-surviving-jack

Jenny b August 27, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Please please!!!! Bring it back!! Best show ever!!!!

Heather August 27, 2014 at 11:21 am

This show was awesome, so of course it was cancelled. Why any good show tries to make it on network TV is beyond me. There’s a reason why most all watchable shows are on cable channels.

Terry August 26, 2014 at 9:20 pm

This was the ONLY show that I looked forward to on FOX. THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!

Terry August 26, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Surviving Jack was the ONLY show that I looked forward to on Fox. Thanks for nothing!

sharon August 26, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I loved this show. They put out a clean, decent, funny show and then cancel it! Try putting it in another time slot or day. The only other real funny show worth watching is Last Man Standing.

H. Anderson August 14, 2014 at 12:15 am

I love, love, LOVED, Christopher Meloni as Det. Elliot Stabler! But I also have 2 admit I thoroughly enjoyed him on “Surviving Jack.” Reguardless, I’m SO SAD he’s no longer on TV! My preference, of course, was SVU. But much 2my surprise, I did in fact enjoy him in a comedic role. Just PLEASE, put him back on TV!!!

Sandy August 4, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Please bring it back! This was the best show ever! Every time I like a show it gets cancelled. I am very disappointed that this was cancelled. Who makes this decision? Sometimes I don’t think you set up shows to make it with ratings.

Sandy July 20, 2014 at 7:30 pm

My son, who is about to turn 30, and I agree on few things, but “Surviving Jack” was a t.v. show that we both loved.

While I don’t understand how such funny, family shows are cancelled, I suppose looking at how a show is doing in a certain time slot is a consideration. I get that, but could it be possible to move the day of the show?

Also, I watched “Surviving Jack” on HULU, which I can watch whenever I want to. Does Fox collect data about HULU watchers?

Netflix is another route for this show. Release the entire 1st season on Netflix for binge watching for those who choose to, or more leisurely watching for others, and then collect data from the Netflix format.

I believe that “Surviving Jack” needs a 2nd chance, albeit in a different way.

mike and Joliene July 20, 2014 at 11:12 am

We love this show. Bring it back

Taffy July 19, 2014 at 3:32 pm

This was the best show! Please bring it back!

Jennifer July 18, 2014 at 11:04 pm

I loved this series!! I’m so sad to log onto my tv and find this series cancelled!! It was a highlight amongst crap shows like the Kardashians still in production. The talent was real and writing inspired. Please bring it back!

rhonda July 13, 2014 at 4:59 pm

So sad it was cancelled. My bf and I couldn’t wait for Thursdays to watch it.

Stefano July 10, 2014 at 2:21 pm

This was a great show, bring it back