Underemployed: Is the MTV Series Essentially Cancelled?

underemployed on MTV canceled soon?MTV has quietly shipped their Unemployed sitcom off to Saturday nights, an evening when their target audience is likely out doing other things. Is this a bad sign for the show’s future?

Underemployed follows the lives and relationships of a group of young people whose lives haven’t worked out as they’d hoped. The cast includes Diego Boneta, Inbar Lavi, Jared Kusnitz, Michelle Ang, Sarah Habel, and Charlie Weber.

The sitcom has been under-performing in the ratings and this season has been averaging just a 0.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 490,000 viewers. Last week’s episode hit a new series low with just 340,000 viewers. (You can check out the week-by-week ratings.)

For comparison’s sake, the last season of Teen Wolf averaged a 0.7 rating and 1.69 million viewers.

The Inbetweeners, another MTV sitcom, only fell as low as 530,000 viewers and that show was cancelled last week.

So yeah, it looks like Underemployed is doomed to be cancelled. On the positive side, there are five episodes left.

What do you think? Do you think that Underemployed should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Is it a better show than the ratings indicate?

Sweden February 19, 2013 at 5:25 am

Dont cancel please. I love this show, why do you guys always have to cancel the good shows? Cancel teen mom.. no one watches that shit.

Ana February 16, 2013 at 2:08 pm

From the moment I heard this show was being filmed here in chicago I couldn’t wait to watch it. It is an amazing show that is so relatable and fun to watch. Everything else on mtv is crap, this is the only show worth watching! I say keep the show!!

Shara H February 15, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Please don’t cancel I’m obsessed with this show!!!! It’s wonderful in every way and the cast is amazing! Like a younger hipper friends!!!!

cathy February 14, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Pleas dont cancel.. I love this show so bad! I’v seen all episodes !!

SuicidePG February 14, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I love this show so much, i watched the first season in one day, it’s one of the best shows i’ve seen in the last years, you NEED to renew it!!!

Scottie February 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm

please don’t cancel the show everybody deserves a second chance

Jasmond February 13, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Please don’t cancel this show! I always wanted to watch it when it first aired but I wasn’t able to because of work , or other things bc of the time. Air at a better time ! Trust me in sure there will be plenty more views !!!!

spikewqw February 13, 2013 at 3:03 am

Don’t cancel

brianna February 12, 2013 at 3:47 pm

please dont get rid of it. i love this show…its one of my most favorite shows to watch!!!!!

Ariel February 11, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I love underemployed they def need to renew it. They played one season don’t they think that the people who actually watched it should be able to see what happens next? And i agree they need to show it more often mtv does reruns of every other show so why not thos one?? Cause it sucked when an episode didn’t record i would have to watch a 7 min recap which is def not the same!!

Victoria February 9, 2013 at 6:40 am

I think underemployed is great tv series. I love it and I would like to see more up coming episodes. I’m also one of those viewers who never have time to sit and watch tv on a Saturday night. Right now Underemployed is the only tv show I record and enjoy watching, MTV please don’t cancel.

Victoria

Daisy February 8, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Do not cancel underemployed I love this show it is so different and better then those abc family shows.

Robert February 6, 2013 at 4:01 am

Love this show. Sure as hell dont wanna see this show get cancelled. These are the kind of shows that I WANT to see on MTV. Not bs like teen wolf or teen mom. Hard Times of RJ Berger, UNDERemployeed, Inbetweeners, etc. are great shows, they shouldnt be scoring THIS lowly on the ratings scale.

Diane Haddad February 5, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I LOVE Underemployed…. although that ratings indicate that the show isn’t watched enough… its only because Saturday nights people are out, including me… doesnt mean i don’t have it recorded on my DVR haha …. i hope they continue Underemployed with more seasons to come.

Please and thank you
Diane

Josefine February 3, 2013 at 12:01 pm

pleeeaaasssee don’t cancel underemployed!! i love this show so much! hugs from josefine 18 years old, sweden