Flashpoint: TV Show’s Future Undecided on CBS

FlashpointThough the Flashpoint series isn’t very expensive for CBS to air, the network certainly seems to have lost some enthusiasm for the Canadian-produced drama. It’s been a staple of CBS’ Friday night schedule for three summers but it remains to be seen how long they’ll continue to air the modest performer.

Season three of Flashpoint began airing on June 4th and the 13 episodes are set to finish running on August 20th. Supposedly, the network will still have another nine installments on the shelf.

At this week’s press tour, CBS president Nina Tassler noted that, while the network will continue to look at Canadian programming as an option, she “hasn’t decided yet” on ordering more Flashpoint. The show continues to be popular in Canada.

What do you think? Would you like to see CBS continue to airing Flashpoint. If they cancel it, would you buy it on DVD?

cillian September 6, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Please reconsider canceling this show. Look around on the Internet and see all the people who love it. It’s such an outstanding show. please make more seasons

Margaret Winter August 21, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Please don’t discontinue Flashpoint. It is a really good show. I watch it every week. It seems like all of the good shows are gone and the stupid shows stay.

Kathi July 4, 2012 at 11:43 am

Why do TV stations cancel all the GREAT shows like Flashpoint? It is sad that most of the stupid shows are continued – TV has really gone down!! Producers need to keep good shows like Flashpoint! This is just one of many good shows that have been cut this year!
So sad!

Maureen July 12, 2012 at 3:03 am

Flashpoint is a high power, fascinating look at issues from many viewpoints. This is a series we watch and discuss. I would ask that it not be cancelled. Please reconsider the value of the series and the fantastic actors that make up Flashpoint!

sandy July 2, 2012 at 8:30 am

PLESE don’t cancel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane DeVosjoli June 25, 2012 at 8:31 am

THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW I LOOK FOWARD TO WATCHING.
I CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF THEM!
PLEASE DON’T CANCEL!

Bob May 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm

We finally get a good drama with down to earth characters and they think about not renewing it. Wake up CBS and go away from the lousy, made up, and phony character reality shows. Stick with a winner this summer.

joyce holloway April 23, 2012 at 5:03 pm

We love this show. Why do you want to take it off the air. How dumb. You get good show, then take them off. This is a good show also, for the summer. We love it. Please keep it on. We also live this kind of life.

Carly February 24, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Why would U drop a great show and leave all the trash on like 21/2 men???? and others like it….. Every time U fand a great show U have to go and mess with it… no I will not buy it seen most of the series…. Keep it on!

Dorothy See February 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I find it very annoying the you seem to cancel good shows like CSI NY and replace it with Undercover Boss. Anyone who belives the boss is not reconizable is stupid. I also cant stand survior, and other reality show.

Kristine O'Toole December 20, 2011 at 11:43 am

I look forward to watching FLASH POINT, I never miss an episode. Please keep DO NOT CANCEL .

Tess December 17, 2011 at 11:28 am

Can’t get enough of this show. I absolutely love it. My son and I just love this show!

MICKEY R November 12, 2011 at 1:13 am

I LOVE FLASHPOINT PLEASE RETURN IT AND DO NOT CANCEL IT…………ITS A GREAT SHOW

Debby October 26, 2011 at 8:58 am

best drama ever aired. It would be a true travesty for CBS to let it go. They have a history of great drama, so why would they abandon this one.

Kat October 26, 2011 at 10:59 am

It’s airing on Tuesday nights at 10pm on ION Television now, at least. Hope you get that channel!

Lynda October 17, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Great show I hope it comes back on CBS. If not I will purchase it.

Glenda October 15, 2011 at 2:57 pm

This was my favorite show and the cast was awesome. I agree that the language was family appropriate. I looked forward to watching it on Friday nights. It was a bad decision to discontinue it on CBS.

sheila July 25, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Best show on TV,you have an exciting program.Please do not cancel,I look foward to watching it