Partners: Sitcom Cancelled by CBS

Partners TV show cancelled by CBSIt was only a matter of time. CBS has cancelled Partners, the new sitcom from Will & Grace creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan.

Revolving around a pair of best friend architects, Partners stars Michael Urie, David Krumholtz, Sophia Bush, Brandon Routh, and Tracy Vilar.

The show debuted to a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.56 million viewers, substantially lower than the CBS sitcoms that preceeded and followed it. The numbers have gotten worse as the season has progressed and Monday’s episode hit a new low with a 1.8 demo rating and 5.48 million viewers.

While those numbers would have been good enough to keep the show on the air on NBC or FOX, they weren’t high enough for CBS. They’ve opted not to order a full season of episodes and have pulled the show from the schedule effective immediately.

Partners TV show supportSitcom reruns will start airing on Monday. CBS hasn’t said what will replace Partners on a more permanent basis but Rules of Engagement, the utility player that used to air on Mondays, seems a likely candidate.

What do you think? Are you sorry to see Partners cancelled? Why do you think that it didn’t catch on?

Karrie December 8, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I loved this show! It was very funny!! I would love to see this show come back!!

The Carcass December 7, 2012 at 7:15 am

in 2011 they did the same with How To Be A Gentleman ….
a really liked it and partners was good to see but sometimes also a bit amateur

to bad some shows get no second chance somewhere else ….

Anonymous December 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I want this show back so badly!

Fiona December 3, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I enjoyed the show however didn’t like the actress who played the girlfriend was like she was just reading lines, not enough emotion. To flat.

Just Bee December 3, 2012 at 12:00 pm

CBS is notoriously anti-gay. The only reason they put the show on the air was so they could cancel it. They knew in May they were going to cancel the show. They just wanted to prove a point that they will not have any gay characters on their network.

Calvin Haskins November 29, 2012 at 7:08 am

This was the funniest show on monday nights, truly going to miss this show, I hope they shop it to another network.

Michael Guill November 26, 2012 at 9:33 pm

SO disgusted that this show has been canceled! It was the ONLY Monday night show I was watching. It was truly a funny show. The others rely on being trashy. The only CBS show left that I watch is Hawaii Five-O.

Erin & Adam November 26, 2012 at 8:29 pm

That really really stinks!! My husband an I looked forward to Mondays only because of that show :-(

Amy November 26, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I’m extremely disappointed and so is my family. This was the first show in a looooong time that actually made us laugh and it was so genuine. The characters were amazing! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! Guess its back to watching Netflix. Nothing else good on tv anymore :-(

Michael Urie is the Best! November 20, 2012 at 2:55 pm

SO sad this show has ended! Plus, it was back-to-back with How I Met Your Mother. A winning lineup if you ask me!

Stacey November 20, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Definitely bummed. This was a great show :(

Steph November 19, 2012 at 10:00 pm

In so mad! I really enjoyed Partners, it was funny and entertaining. So sad that its canceled. Any hope another station will pick it up?

Anonymous November 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I thought Partners was great show. One that you really laugh hard and that makes you cry, because it was so funny.

Kristin November 19, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I’m so bummed!! This show was so funny!!! I hope another network picks it up!!

Adam November 19, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I really liked this show and am disappointed to see it is cancelled. Hopefully another network picks it up.